Quick Battle tests

Users who are viewing this thread

Quick Battle tests, Plains (Large), 70 vs 70

RANGED VS MELEE (shields)
Orders: Hold position in the very border of the map, spreat outx3
70 Laurian Rodeleros (Sword & Buckler) vs 50 IS Guards + 20 Repeaters = Lauria wins by 41 Rodeleros alive
70 Lion Throne Brigadiers vs 50 IS Guards + 20 Repeaters = Lion Throne wins by 43

INFANTERY VS INFANTERY
Laurian Rodeleros (Sword & Buckler) vs Lion Throne Brigadiers= Lion Throne wins by 13
Laurian Rodeleros (Sword & Buckler) vs  Swadian Doppelsoldner= Swadia wins by 39 (what a surprise)
Vaegir Guards vs  Swadian Doppelsoldner= Swadia wins by 42 (some Vaegir Guards use shield & sword)
Lion Throne Brigadiers  vs  Swadian Doppelsoldner= Swadia wins by 43
Lion Throne Propugnators vs  Swadian Doppelsoldner= Lion throne wins by 28
Laurian Rodeleros (Sword & Buckler) vs Vaegir Guards=Vaegir wins by 31 (2-handed wins, as usual)

Laurian Veteran Pikemen vs  Swadian Veteran Landsknecht= Lauria wins by 43. Don't invest on Veteran Landsknechts  :lol:

FOOTMAN BATTLES (recruits from villages)
Vaegir vs Swadia = Vaegir 24
Lauria vs Lion Throne= Lauria 26
Vaegir vs Lauria=V 63. Spears suck
Swadia vs Lion Throne=Swadia 50. Spears...

RANKS 65+5 Standard Bearers vs 70
Laurian Veteran Pikemen vs  IS Uhlans=Lauria wins by 51. No charger, no victory
Laurian Veteran Pikemen vs  Swadian Knights= Lauria wins by 7! Horses of dead Knights protected the pikemen from charges
Laurian Veteran Pikemen vs  Vaegir Knights=Vaegir ownage with 65 alive.
Swadian Doppelsoldner vs  Vaegir Knights=Vaegir wins 22
Lion Throne Propugnators vs  Vaegir Knights=LT wins with 37

Laurian Veteran Pikemen vs  Swadian Doppelsoldner= Swadia wins by 19. Not bad.

CAVALRY BATTLES
Lion Throne Cavalry vs Swadian Knights= Lion throne wins by 24,28 (2 battles). Lion Throne seems to have better riding skills, they win in the charge (longer lances) and their weapon is faster, despite less damage.
Lion Throne Cavalry vs IS Uhlans=LT wins by 35,46 (2 battles)
Lion Throne Cavalry vs IS Cuirassier=LT wins by 65 (just for the record  :lol:)
Swadian Knights vs Vaegir Knights=Swadia wins by 66. Another ownage  :lol:
Vaegir Knights vs  IS Cuirassier=Vaegirs win by 25
IS Uhlans vs Swadian Demilances=IS wins by 32. Less than I expected
IS Uhlans vs Swadian Knights=Swadia wins by 37.

Cuirassiers looks bad ass, but they are just cavalry to hunt ranged units.

RANGED CAVALRY BATTLES
Laurian Herreruelos vs Vaegir Cossaks =Lauria wins with 31
Laurian Herreruelos vs IS Cuirassier=almost a Draw, less than 5 survivors
IS Cuirassier vs Vaegir Cossaks=IS wins with 38.
Cossaks suck :razz: Their short 1 handed weapons are useless and have bad armor.

Ranged vs ranged is impossible to test, since enemy always charge.
No tests with Ormeli, there are bugs (select 1 troop and get another. Maybe because there are too many types)

Do some combination armies, brigadiers and gunther-piedmont vs. rodelero and veteran aquebusiers, etc. etc.
Kinda interesting to see who wins in different scenarios.

The problem of quick battle is 0 IA. In normal battles of campaign, ranged units move to one side and everybody moves together. In quick battle everybody charges without any try of formation. So ranged units will shoot only if they are in the front, and instead of keep distance, they will go melee

Maybe who has the best recruits between Lauria, Swadia, Vaegir, and Lion Throne? So, Laurian Footmen vs. Ellisian Infantry vs. Vaegir Footmen vs. What ever the base Swadian troop is.
I omitted IS recruits as they come with guns and wouldn't be as fun to watch and the Ormeli since the Custom Battle thing doesn't like the Ormeli.

1x1General1x1 said:
Maybe who has the best recruits between Lauria, Swadia, Vaegir, and Lion Throne? So, Laurian Footmen vs. Ellisian Infantry vs. Vaegir Footmen vs. What ever the base Swadian troop is.
Done. Vaegir wins with 2 handed Voulges. Swadian have piercing 1 handed. Lauria and LT, sucky spears

For now, Propugnators are damn Terminators. Only Canons and IA stupidity can stop them.
Ranks of pikemen works against lance knights, bad against heavy cavalry with other weapon.
Pikemen can fight against infantery using ranks, don't expect miracles anyway.
(I'm talking of pikemen, but tests shows only Laurian guys can have a chance)

Lauria seems to have the counter-units for Imperial State. Too bad pikemen get slaughtered by gunners :razz:
In the story, Lauria defeated Dual Monarchy. Looks like Vaegirs didn't even try  :lol: They own Laurians any day!

Cool. I spent several hours over the weekend just poking around with the custom battle. These are my favorite battles, from the top of my head...

100 Swadian Knights > 100 Cavalry of the Radiant Cross
~20-30 survival rate

100 Brigadiers + 1 Bearer > 100 Laurian Pikemen + 1 Bearer
~40 survival rate

100 Vaegir Archers = 100 Kaiserlich Infantry
Depends on who shoots first :razz:

60 Swadian Dopplesoldners(?) > 300 Laurian Footmen
I couldn't imagine how soft they are when they're young.

Danath, try like a completely random army, like 3 or this and 40 of that. You'll be amazed on how random the game can be :razz:

Wraithwain said:
~20-30 survival rate
So in your test Swadia won? Well,  cavalry battles are really random, 20 knights can spent 3 min chasing 2-3 enemies while the rest of their fellows have to fight 2vs1

Danath said:
Wraithwain said:
~20-30 survival rate
So in your test Swadia won? Well,  cavalry battles are really random, 20 knights can spent 3 min chasing 2-3 enemies while the rest of their fellows have to fight 2vs1
Yup. Only tested three times though and I was fighting alongside Swadia. I've seen how dumb cavalry battles can get on the open plains :razz: There was one time, Ormeli vs. Swadia and the Ormeli just kept running their faster horses and shooting their bows and won.
Brutal.

Oh! One just now,

100 Kaiserlich Cuirassiers vs 100 Ormeli Nefer Jannisaries.

I didn't expect those Jannisaries to be that powerful :eek:

Do the IS always charge?

They suck balls in close combat... everytime I fight cavalry they get raped. If I fight infantry my 20 cannonears and 20 repeat gunners can take them out. I need some more pikemen to defend them from cavarly.

but in siege battles they are the best. I won a battle that was me against 800 vaegriers. I killed 620 and lost 28.

And their cavalry sucks. I wish they had some infantry... at least some pikemen. But I will have to search for some prisoners to rescue that have pikes.

And cannonears can often get over 10 kills in one shot, and over 10 team kills in one shot.

*revives the thread with threadomancy powers*

On a related topic, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,72057.0.html , I've learned how to play around with the troops.txt and see how the different units play out in quick battle. I do not interfere with the test in anyway to maintain objectivity.

Stuff
Settings:
Full damage to me and everyone else.
Fast speed and AI is on tops.

Times Tested: 20 for every combination
Map used: Desert Pass (small)

Size Scales:
Small - 20 vs. 20
Large - 150 vs. 150

in troops text, I did replaced the number codes of the following:
Ellisian Infantry with the one from the Hands of the Pope
Veteran EI with the ones from the Ellisian Semisallis, or the upgraded Pedes.
Laurian Footman with the one from the Queen's Guard

Test results
Hands of the Pope vs. Queen's Guards
Small: roughly equal, Hands: 11 QG: 9
Large: Hands won 14 times: 9 pwnages and 5 close calls; QG won 6

Hands vs. Brigadiers
Small: not tested
Large: Hands won 20/20

EDIT:
tested just now.
Hands vs. Propugnators
Small: not tested
Large: Hands won 17; Propys won 3

Hands vs. Dopplesoldners
Hands win 20/20 on both.

Queen's Guard vs. Dopplesoldners
Small: QG win 18; DS win 2.
Large: QG win 20/20

Hands vs. Nefer Jannisaries
NJ win 20/20 on both. Same results against QG.

Semisallis vs. Dopplesoldners
Small: ES: 5; DS: 15
Large: DS win 19/20

have yet to try the Semisallis against the QG, but it seems that the Semisallis aren't very good without sword or arrow support.

Untested units:

Wolf Guard
Ulm Mounted Arquebusier
Leviathan Guard
and the other unique units i don't know about.

hmmm, soon :razz: i'm enjoying the Hands of the Pope too much :razz:

FuryFire said:
Lowlander Infantry ... against voyniks, ellisian infantry, landsknechts or something.
I tried them 10 times on small.
Ellisian Infantry: 2 Lowlanders: 8
Landsknechts: 4 Lowlanders: 6
Dopplesoldners: 5 Lowlanders: 5

i'll try the others soon.

Danath, so they're like Swadian equivalents? Meh. I'll test them too. and maybe some screens too :razz:

He probably hacked to get it. If he'd rescued them then I wouldn't really use them as common infantry.

Back
Top Bottom