Question: Who Leads Your Troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

YanLight

Recruit
hello. iv been wondering for a while which ai leads your troops, as i set an AI to lead a certain type of units, i hear as my character shouts (( Follow Your Surgent))
so normally i thought setting a surgent for my clan wont only effect the healing rate but also will set the characters tactic rate in motion, but i realised after the surgent fell while in combat the AI still issued orders to my troops, as if another AI took over, so i wish to ask and confirm if possible, how does this work?
and Thanks All, Best Wishes.

When you assign one of your companions as a captain to a formation he/she will give to the formation all the bonuses from the perk list. If he dies, the next companion in that formation (order is based on the party screen) will take command; notice that perks have two bonuses so not everything applies all the time. This is irrelevant to when you give the control to the AI or it assumes it after the noble dies, the shout is fluff. There will always be "someone" to command the troops (without the perk bonuses of course).

The tactic skill only affects your companions' party when they are leading them (and autocalc their battles) as far as I am aware. The tactic skill of the party leader is used by the nobles in live battles to perform better tactics but when you lead the army/party you assume that position.

I tried to summarize a lot of things so if I made any mistake someone please correct me.

so normally i thought setting a surgent for my clan wont only effect the healing rate but also will set the characters tactic rate in motion
Surgeon is the role (like a medic/Doctor) you set for you party that effect healing and survival.
When you character says "Fallow your sergeant"(Sergeant is a military rank) when you press f6 to give the AI command, sergeant is non-specific term (not a role you can assign) just denoting that the troops are under AI command now and will behave more or less like you see enemy lord parties behave.

@madnessario explained the captain and tactics part (+1). If you have any fallow up quest don't hesitate to ask.

When you assign one of your companions as a captain to a formation he/she will give to the formation all the bonuses from the perk list. If he dies, the next companion in that formation (order is based on the party screen) will take command; notice that perks have two bonuses so not everything applies all the time. This is irrelevant to when you give the control to the AI or it assumes it after the noble dies, the shout is fluff. There will always be "someone" to command the troops (without the perk bonuses of course).

The tactic skill only affects your companions' party when they are leading them (and autocalc their battles) as far as I am aware. The tactic skill of the party leader is used by the nobles in live battles to perform better tactics but when you lead the army/party you assume that position.

I tried to summarize a lot of things so if I made any mistake someone please correct me.
Surgeon is the role (like a medic/Doctor) you set for you party that effect healing and survival.
When you character says "Fallow your sergeant"(Sergeant is a military rank) when you press f6 to give the AI command, sergeant is non-specific term (not a role you can assign) just denoting that the troops are under AI command now and will behave more or less like you see enemy lord parties behave.

@madnessario explained the captain and tactics part (+1). If you have any fallow up quest don't hesitate to ask.
haha i see, you have my thanks very much for the explanation, as i wish you the best of luck for both you guys and for the developers of this game!
(Thank You Very Much/ Best Wishes)

Back
Top Bottom