Question regarding troop names

Do you agree that this method, or a similar one, should be used to mark troop tyes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Aenima said:
If I'm on the same track as you, 'Miles' was an old Latin word that basically meant 'soldiers.' Am I right?

what I found in translator google, it means as more to armed horsemen can be knights in some term as well, my question is werent medieval use french 'Chevalrie'more for knights not latin?

Miles was definitely meaning soldier, but was also used for knights, as knights were common "soldiers" on the battlefield. Don't forget most chronicles and stuff were written by monks and other military laymen.  :wink:

Joker86 said:
Miles was definitely meaning soldier, but was also used for knights, as knights were common "soldiers" on the battlefield. Don't forget most chronicles and stuff were written by monks and other military laymen.  :wink:

I think the monks thing cleared me, thx =)

It's like modern journalism... every automatic weapon is a "machine gun", be it by policemen guarding stations or criminals robbing a bank. Appearently everyone of them runs around with a 10kg, belt fed machine gun with bipod and exchangeable barrels  :roll:

You need a cheat sheet to play this mod.

Or you need to speak 1 latin, 1 germanic, 1 slavic, 1 semitic language, then you'll be perfectly fine :wink:

othr said:

Or you need to speak 1 latin, 1 germanic, 1 slavic, 1 semitic language, then you'll be perfectly fine :wink:

Damn! Almost!  :mrgreen:

othr said:

Now if the mod came with a pdf file that taught you these languages for free, you'd definitely hear no complaints from me!

But just going back to the thread topic, as a mod maker man (or whatever title you assign to yourself) do you see it being a possible thing to have in game, if only as just an optional add on? Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to take anything away from your mod with what looks like a complaint, just, well....see your quote to see why I think the naming system needs to be revised  :lol:

ntb_15 said:
Definately "Changmao Bing"

See, i just learned a little chinese there. Now if i see a chinese spearman on the street, i can say "Yo changmao Bing, sup"

lol funny!  :grin:

Aenima said:
Chairman Mao - only one available per army. Will starve enemy parties and absolutely obliterate anyone who crosses their path

that's not Chairman Mao but Chuck Norris u are talking about!  :mrgreen:

othr said:

I'm half way there...  :wink:

It is a good thing that the troop names are a pain in the ass. American politicians don't pay the people working in their election campaign team and these exploited people like "their" politician better without payment. I kid you not, this is a find by psychologists and I learnt about it in a lecture given by Prof. Bloom at Yale (Yale courses can be found on youtube!).
The same goes for parents who like their most annoying child best. Therefore, othr, in his infinite wisdom, exploited this bit of human psychology to increase the sheer awesomeness of this mod.

UghUghUgh said:
It is a good thing that the troop names are a pain in the ass. American politicians don't pay the people working in their election campaign team and these exploited people like "their" politician better without payment. I kid you not, this is a find by psychologists and I learnt about it in a lecture given by Prof. Bloom at Yale (Yale courses can be found on youtube!).
The same goes for parents who like their most annoying child best. Therefore, othr, in his infinite wisdom, exploited this bit of human psychology to increase the sheer awesomeness of this mod.

Hmm, if I was him I would've used psychology and subliminal messages to get people who play the mod to make 'direct donations,' but that's just me...

alabataille said:
ntb_15 said:
Definately "Changmao Bing"

See, i just learned a little chinese there. Now if i see a chinese spearman on the street, i can say "Yo changmao Bing, sup"

lol funny!  :grin:

Aenima said:
Chairman Mao - only one available per army. Will starve enemy parties and absolutely obliterate anyone who crosses their path

that's not Chairman Mao but Chuck Norris u are talking about!  :mrgreen:

othr said:

I'm half way there...  :wink:

no if it CHuck Norris only 1 aviable, and he is freaking expensive, need xtremely high renown and honour, when he join the battle even 2 vs 100k, u can sit back and enjoy the battle scene like Dynasty Warrior Game, cause player rank become easy mode

Amundr said:
What happened to the in-game troop viewer othr ?
Do I need to update my troop trees after all ?
i got the same question, Othr may need to consider updating the scripts from Custom Commander!  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom