Question about Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucan946

Sergeant at Arms
Are there any plans of this mod being ported over when the module system comes out? I sure hope so; Warband has made a lot of improvements on the singleplayer.

eragoen said:
I dislike warband as of now - I hope not.

Uhm, why. Warband is great. Even if it wasn't, if you don't like it, don't play it. Don't deny it to those of us who do enjoy it.

Overall I am very disappointed Warband. I hope reliysat is just an old beta version that is otherwise just shoddy work. As things develop, so are deteriorated. New command drop-down menus (first press F1/F2/F3, and afterwards read, pa again choose if they are not killed then) new bad animations, all their bugs and spelling errors, not to mention purely decorative izchanchenitsi (only look at the color of vaegirite to ****) - even if I had money until you exit patch to fix these things would not get it bought.

Hopefully they will port this mod to warband,...it would be great to see these great models; helmets, armours, weapons, Cherniye Klobuki soldiers, teutonic knights,  polish knights, etc,.. in multiplayer.

soet said:
Overall I am very disappointed Warband. I hope reliysat is just an old beta version that is otherwise just shoddy work. As things develop, so are deteriorated. New command drop-down menus (first press F1/F2/F3, and afterwards read, pa again choose if they are not killed then) new bad animations, all their bugs and spelling errors, not to mention purely decorative izchanchenitsi (only look at the color of vaegirite to ****) - even if I had money until you exit patch to fix these things would not get it bought.
The old animations are not how someone swings a sword, or even remotely close. The new ones are and actually look like something a human might do. Your complaints about the drop down menu and the Vaegir coloration are so minor that I can't believe you'd bother to post them.

socks said:
The old animations are not how someone swings a sword, or even remotely close. The new ones are and actually look like something a human might do. Your complaints about the drop down menu and the Vaegir coloration are so minor that I can't believe you'd bother to post them.
New animations are better in terms of the body movements, etc. However, starting poses for most of new 1h and some 2h animations look really weird. If you want to perform a strong blow your arm should be more or less straight, while in Warband the arm is bent at elbow a bit too much.
I love 2h overhead (however, sword should be at ~45 degree angle) and thrust animation, but 2h side swings are not perfect. When I saw this "baseball-bat" right swing animation for the first time I laughed so hard. New (since beta v. 0.850, I believe) mounted lancing animations and polearm thrusts are also weird.

Never the less, Warband made even some improvements in performance. That's a big + as for my weak machine.
1vs1 combat became far more exciting. Earlier I was glad to skip the battle with guard when you sneak into the enemy town. Now I always try to sneak so that I could enjoy this nice melee combat.
The diplomacy is better. Though I never create my own kingdom, but wars are more dynamic. This factor is what lacks this mod. It defenitely should be ported.
At least for MP.
But this damn MP takes all free time that you could spend on modding :roll:

I definitely agree Warband needs a bit of polishing, but it's still a great game IMO. Plus, just imagine how awesome an organized Rus XIII Century event would be.

My two biggest beefs with warband are lancing from horseback... and with ALL that time and money we gave them.; the only two new featuers are diplomacy and multiplayer? ... seriously? what about all the little quirks that could've been fixed easily...

My top ten features I expected taleworlds to add when I payed for warband are:
1. realistic tournaments with competitions rather than beating eachother senseless (never would've happened like that in olden times). Almost seems necessary in a pvp mod no?
2. a button to move troops in garrison
3. a better job brushing over items and pricing
4. more buildings
5. all new heroes with stats and unique quirks
6. more bandits (although the new bandit locations were nice)
7. bigger towns
8. siege engines
9. oil in siege defenses
10. communication... so hard to find information

Obviously, I still play the game, I give them props for doing so much with such a small company/staff. I just thought that if the community could do sooooooooo much with mods; taleworlds would've been able to do more.

aggietex84 said:
My two biggest beefs with warband are lancing from horseback... and with ALL that time and money we gave them.; the only two new featuers are diplomacy and multiplayer? ... seriously? what about all the little quirks that could've been fixed easily...

1. realistic tournaments with competitions rather than beating eachother senseless (never would've happened like that in olden times). Almost seems necessary in a pvp mod no?

I imagine that by realistic tournaments you mean jousting, but that didn't become the norm until a bit after M&B's time frame I think (1257 is the date at the start of the game, and the Warband manual says Calradian technology is roughly that of the real world between 1150 and 1350). Originally, tournaments were organised mock battles for knights; while the idea was that noone should try to kill anyone else, people did die because the combat was so dangerous. It was a way of preparing knights and men at arms for the shock and violence of battle, as well as putting their combat skills to the test in a close to real battle experience. So the arena combat is much closer to the reality of tournament combat than jousting.

aggietex84 said:

2. a button to move troops in garrison
3. a better job brushing over items and pricing
4. more buildings
5. all new heroes with stats and unique quirks
6. more bandits (although the new bandit locations were nice)
7. bigger towns
8. siege engines
9. oil in siege defenses
10. communication... so hard to find information

Obviously, I still play the game, I give them props for doing so much with such a small company/staff. I just thought that if the community could do sooooooooo much with mods; taleworlds would've been able to do more.

Uhm, lol, what? There are way more than two new features.

Lack of time and pretty unstable status of current WB version is a problem. We're thinking now (JUST thinking) about making some kinda MP-submod (MP only).

DanAngleland said:
I imagine that by realistic tournaments you mean jousting, but that didn't become the norm until a bit after M&B's time frame I think (1257 is the date at the start of the game, and the Warband manual says Calradian technology is roughly that of the real world between 1150 and 1350). Originally, tournaments were organised mock battles for knights; while the idea was that noone should try to kill anyone else, people did die because the combat was so dangerous. It was a way of preparing knights and men at arms for the shock and violence of battle, as well as putting their combat skills to the test in a close to real battle experience. So the arena combat is much closer to the reality of tournament combat than jousting.

No, by realistic tournaments I mean why does the game still think a tournament is guys beating eachother with METAL swords and men on horseback killing archers with arrows. Tournaments should be more civilized; not a mix of Lords and scum of the earth mercs. If anything ranged weapons would be a competition to see who can hit the most targets or have the best pattern at X yards. And melee combat would boil down to 1 on 1 tests of skill; maybe 2 man teams, not 32 men rumble royals. Its just rediculous to think that the lords of the countries would agree to climb into an arena with scrappy soldiers looking to slit the throat of their enemy with real steel.

aggietex84 said:
No, by realistic tournaments I mean why does the game still think a tournament is guys beating eachother with METAL swords and men on horseback killing archers with arrows. Tournaments should be more civilized; not a mix of Lords and scum of the earth mercs. If anything ranged weapons would be a competition to see who can hit the most targets or have the best pattern at X yards. And melee combat would boil down to 1 on 1 tests of skill; maybe 2 man teams, not 32 men rumble royals. Its just rediculous to think that the lords of the countries would agree to climb into an arena with scrappy soldiers looking to slit the throat of their enemy with real steel.

Actually, tourneys, or at least the mélée, SHOULD boil down to 32+ men rumble royals, except they should be 1 round and have only 2 sides.

aggietex84 said:
DanAngleland said:

Well, they use wood in the arena, not steel, but I take your point about nobles mixing with lower fighters. Separate contests for the archery sounds like a good idea too.

Back
Top Bottom