SP Sci-Fi Fantasy Quail's Warhammer 40k Mod - Aspiring Modder? We could use scene props and scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you going to be able to make a size variation for all races, eg eldar tall and skinny, sapce marine bulky or will just work with that in regards of making the armour bigger, its gonna be a very hard mod to make, iv played the previous one lets just hope you make boots, cause i remebering trying to make a stormtrooper however he was running around bare foot, and make custom animations for firing of guns but from what im hearing by lookng at all the posts it's gonna turn out pretty good...

Good luck

I'm aiming for size variation between races via the character models...not armor.

Anyway, Kazzan, I could use a (Tau) Bonding knife, rail rifle, and pulse pistol.

And also generic civilian weapons, or non specific 40k esq weapons, like various swords, hammers, axes, and what not.

I've got a few civilian weapons. Sent some of them to raislin, not sure where they wound up. I'm in the process of texturing them. Only the autopistol is done. I'm doing the armageddon pattern autogun now, amongst other things.

moreguns.png

huntrif.png

autogun2.jpg

The grips and triggers are generally less refined because the player won't usually see them, and I am lazy.

I know I'm not being of any help, but still...

I would really like to help, but before that I would have to study mdoelling, rigging, texturing and all that I need to know to make items, and I really don't have the time for that right now with all my studies, it seems so overwhelmingly time-taking to make any items at all, so I'll just stay in the background as mental support for you guys. Kepp up with the work. I'll be looking forward to alpha/beta.

feuerzeuge said:
I've got a few civilian weapons. Sent some of them to raislin, not sure where they wound up. I'm in the process of texturing them. Only the autopistol is done. I'm doing the armageddon pattern autogun now, amongst other things.

moreguns.png

huntrif.png

autogun2.jpg

The grips and triggers are generally less refined because the player won't usually see them, and I am lazy.

Everything looks great but the hunting rifle seems.... big

The two last guns look a bit.. blockish. And not even a bit. Maybe soften the edges a bit? I wouldn't like using a gun shaped like that in the game even if it was the best one in the game. I select my gear often based on looks, not stats (of course they mean something, too).

Funny thing is, thats what guns look like in 40k, they aren't supposed to look good, they are supposed to kill things.

Hey Quail the troop trees are done i sent them to you, you have to copy and paste just like that or something will prob. upgrade to something else and believe me, having a swadian knight turn into a nord hunter is NOT funny when you are playing(some idiot messed up the tree)and yes it has happened b4, and dont forget put it before the ending ]

Just a random, likely annoying question, but under the Tau models that still have to be done, it notes that the armor for the Shas'o still has to be done, and that this is the same as that of the basic Shas'la except with an inverted color scheme. I thought the dudes with the reverse colors were Shas'ui, and that Shas'o were much bigger fish than that. :shock: I could be wrong, since most of my WH40K experience comes from DOW.

Typically, Shas'o pilot XV8 Crisis battlesuits. In Dawn of War, however, all Shas'o pilot the XV22, like Commander Shadowsun does in the tabletop/fluff. The XV22 puts them at comparable size to a typical Shas'la infantryman, where the XV8 would make them into the size of a small walker.

Sorry guys i really haven't been able to do much modeling work because my computer has been having problems and stuff at school has been pinning me down. But on the good side my engineering class just got a 3d scanner and we have been working on it. We successfully scanned in a Plastic army guy and got it into 3d wings today. I am sure I can put table top stuff that either my friend's have (imperial guard/ chaos/ necron / orks/ and some tau) or my table top (space marine) on the scanner and get some props that are accurately dimensioned.

@quail did you get those models i sent you way back when?

Yes I did.

So, I've been busy with school and stuff. But anyway, if we can got some of the actual pieces 3d scanned that would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom