QOL - Party management - add this mod to vanilla - Much wow, much value!

Should this mod be in vanilla?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

@Callum @Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds @Duhk_Tails @MRay

Please TW check out this mod and just add into your base game:

It just improves the party management without changing the overall UI. Players could completly ignore it and would have the same experience as now. But players also could use some rules for a one button press auto sorting, auto upgrading and auto recruiting (prisoners).

No gameplay/balance change, just a very small UI change with a lot of QOL value.

It´s just a win and no downside, much win for everyone.

492-1587399728-1195424794.png

492-1587918242-2048546448.png

Last edited:
Just for the record: how does this mod understand, which branch should it update a soldier to? I mean, say, you have a recruit - he can be promoted either to a low tier soldier or a low tier bowman. How does the auto update manages this?

Just for the record: how does this mod understand, which branch should it update a soldier to? I mean, say, you have a recruit - he can be promoted either to a low tier soldier or a low tier bowman. How does the auto update manages this?
Very simple, shift+left click on the icon for the upgrade and it will save the path. If you don´t set a path it won´t upgrade those units via the one button upgrade and just skip them.

It´s a really good mod and well polished.

@TW

Just think about the console peasants, imagine they want to sort their 14 different party troops with a controller and that every 30 minutes, they´ll hate you for that (- 1,3mio sales, riots and finally Bannerlord will be pulled out from their stores, Armagan has to sell his boat and the world will end!)

Last edited:
Yes, this mod makes the game significantly less tedious to play when you have more than a couple of troops in your party.

A very biased poll.

I would say no thanks to this, better keep it as a mod. It adds too many complicated selections. I think the native party manager is a good upgrade from Warband as it is. Nothing really needs to change.

Trying to add this over other more important features is a bad idea.

A very biased poll.

I would say no thanks to this, better keep it as a mod. It adds too many complicated selections. I think the native party manager is a good upgrade from Warband as it is. Nothing really needs to change.

Yea, it´s always better to have nothing compared to something.

I guess it takes several devs hours when a guy can do this in his spare time.

TW just made some millions, better they make some lackluster cut scenes.

Last edited:
A very biased poll.
tumblr_mejnpu26Rm1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Giving players options is always good even if not everyone uses it. It's optional and will improve the game for some and those that don't use it it won't detract from their game. If it doesn't take excessive development time then it should be a no brainer for Taleworlds to add it. But my suspicion is that they won't because they are piss poor at adding QoL improvements, look how long it took to get settlement icons and that is a simple addition.

A very biased poll.

i see it the same way. the game has many problems to be worked on. imo clicking an upgrade button is not really one of them.
i mean it's a mod. if people really want to reach out to that option they can do it already. it's okay. ?‍♂️

i see it the same way. the game has many problems to be worked on. imo clicking an upgrade button is not really one of them.
i mean it's a mod. if people really want to reach out to that option they can do it already. it's okay. ?‍♂️
No because it doesn´t work in 1.8.0.

I will never understand how people can be against an option that won´t influence their gameplay in any way and can just be ignored. I also don´t think that TW will need a lot of work to add this mod.

Also it´s more about the auto sorting of the troops and not only about the upgrading. I believe there are a few players who sort their party.

Or at least TW should save the order of my sorted troops so that I don´t have to sort them over and over again, would also be ok.

I don't understand why you would sort your troops? It is entirely useless and does nothing but please some sort of OCD. Or is there a gameplay element to it? I genuinely do not understand.

And upgrading is easier than ever, what you are asking for is less clicks where there already are few enough.

There are far more important things that should occupy dev time.

No because it doesn´t work in 1.8.0.

I will never understand how people can be against an option that won´t influence their gameplay in any way and can just be ignored. I also don´t think that TW will need a lot of work to add this mod.

Also it´s more about the auto sorting of the troops and not only about the upgrading. I believe there are a few players who sort their party.

Or at least TW should save the order of my sorted troops so that I don´t have to sort them over and over again, would also be ok.
well it works at my end. i can still upgrade troops like always. even tho it's seems like there is a bug with moving troops from one party to another. nevermind.

it's not about being against, it's about priorities. on top of that if you like it, then just install the mod. it's not like it isnt there already. so you can already influence your gameplay as you want to ?‍♂️ that's all about it. saving the order of your troops is something i agree with and hopefully will come in the future, as the troops can respawn in your order now -if you enabled that-

i just dont see the content of the mod as a pressing issue or anything i would concider must-have QoL.

I don't understand why you would sort your troops? It is entirely useless and does nothing but please some sort of OCD. Or is there a gameplay element to it? I genuinely do not understand.

And upgrading is easier than ever, what you are asking for is less clicks where there already are few enough.

There are far more important things that should occupy dev time.
There was in Warband the rule of the troops that are higher up in the party list are more likely to get spawned in random encounters such as bandit hideouts, and battles if the number of units in the field is limited.
But otherwise, it's just an OCD thing, still a nice thing to have, but not really "Wow, much wow".
I would prefer to have this rather than not having it in native.

@MRay is this possible? would be a nice qol change
Only the sorting part.

The mod's general implementation is unusable for us. Moving these options to a popup doesn't make the UX better or go along with the rest of the game. A mod is fine for this but not us.

We haven't done the sorting yet because of the reason @Ogagon mentioned:
There was in Warband the rule of the troops that are higher up in the party list are more likely to get spawned in random encounters such as bandit hideouts, and battles if the number of units in the field is limited.
That's the case for every battle.

Or at least it was, we've added a new gameplay option to control this so it'll allow us to implement sorting. We're also looking into incorporating the roster rundown (how many infantry, archers, cav or horse archers are in the party) to the party screen.

Auto upgrade and auto recruit is not in the plans for different reasons. Like @Lucius Confucius mentioned, we've introduced more ways to recruit/upgrade more easily and I personally don't see the use case for them. I can still bring it up internally though.

Only the sorting part.

The mod's general implementation is unusable for us. Moving these options to a popup doesn't make the UX better or go along with the rest of the game. A mod is fine for this but not us.

We haven't done the sorting yet because of the reason @Ogagon mentioned:

That's the case for every battle.

Or at least it was, we've added a new gameplay option to control this so it'll allow us to implement sorting. We're also looking into incorporating the roster rundown (how many infantry, archers, cav or horse archers are in the party) to the party screen.

Auto upgrade and auto recruit is not in the plans for different reasons. Like @Lucius Confucius mentioned, we've introduced more ways to recruit/upgrade more easily and I personally don't see the use case for them. I can still bring it up internally though.
Awesome, yeah I was only talking about the sorting part. Figured you could implement that with your recent changes. Great to hear, best of luck with implementation! (y)

Things look promising for the sorting and party rundown feature for troop types.

one thing i always feel is needed when scouting other parties is the quantity of troops by tier. For bigger armies for example, when the UI isn't enough it can get pretty hard to find that information yourself.

Is it realistic to implement such a system?

thats good news
if you had asked me the one small QoL feature i wanted most it would be unit sorting

Back
Top Bottom