Ps4 aspect ratio problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, we aren't pushing off this issue. Please check our latest response from further up this page:

I'll quote the response in the FAQ thread here:

Captain Lust said:
Why are some of the buttons cut off at the bottom of the screen?
This is because your TV is doing something called "overscan". Most TV's have an option to disable this, or change the setting, which should fix the problem. In any case, we are working on a patch to provide a more general solution (as of 29th September 2016). There is currently no ETA on the patch, however you shouldn't expect to wait too long!

If your TV is new, it's very likely there is an option to disable overscan.

Here is one of a number of guides on the internet, which explain how to do so: http://www.howtogeek.com/252193/hdtv-overscan-what-it-is-and-why-you-should-probably-turn-it-off/

Nevertheless, as mentioned previously, we are working on a more general fix for this (something like moving the UI away from the edge of the screen).

Cute_Robyn said:
Honestly, I have read through this and tried everything here because I love this game on my laptop even tho it plays like crap because my laptop is old and a laptop. I'm a massive PlayStation fangirl and when I saw this on the PSN store I got all excited only to find due to the command for my troops being cut in half and the time of day not being visible on the the world map it's not playable.

I agree with Strummer here, your response here is not the best. I can not seem to change the ratio size for my HD ports on my TV at all , there is no overscan option also, I may have a crappy TV but you can't just blame people with older or cheaper TV's for a problem you could fix with a UI placement slider.

Being a PlayStation fangirl (My PS1 was my third parent and I love it) I have all 4 PlayStations and this is the only game across all 4 consoles to have this issue for me. I admit I think I had it with one other on PS3 but it was quickly solved with a trip to the options menu, it was so easy I forgot about it until now and can't recall what game it was.

I love this game, I love how it includes women in a very fun way in a community and industry that normally forgets we girls also play games but you pushing off of this issue saddens me. My fav PC game is M&B with Fire and Sword and I'm sad I can't play this more on my console.

I tried to take screenshots of the issues with the PS4 share button but the ratio was correct in the screenshots and videos.
And you maybe wonder why. As everybody said before - this is the problem of the TV itself, not the game.

Now i had the very same problem with M&B on my tv but i thought "no way could it be the game"

I diddled about with my TV remote a bit (i think the settings i used were under "format") and it widened up my screen and BOOM i could see everything!
In fact it improved the display for all my games. It is amazing what you might miss hidden on the edges and corners.

It will likely be different for everyone but my format/display(?) Menu took me to a dropdown with options like:

Game
Movie
TV
Custom
Standard
(Etc...)

And all i had to do was select standard and it put everything right! Also my TV is a Phillips 42" HDTV that i got back in 2010. Hopefully this anecdote might help even one person.

I know my Samsung TV uses a zoom option. I zoom to full and it works. It is the TV not the game. Play with your picture options until you get it right. I have to do this when I play the PC version on my big screen TV as well.  This game is 6 years old now. They only ported it over, so it is going to have some quirks. It is totally worth over looking the quirks and doing some research to get the game to play.

Id just like to say i love this game but i am also having problems with the aspect ratio even after the recent update that says it fixed the problem. Could you guys please just put a aspect ratio on the in game setting, would make it a lot easier.

I still can't see the items, even after two updates. I appreciate my TV is old and doesn't have the option to fix it that newer TVs have. Still - this is the only game I've bought where it's a problem. I've stopped playing it completely and there's no way I'll buy the new one.

I have this issue, I have no way of changing the aspect ratio, my TV is a SHARP LC-32D44E-BK I'm not sure how old the TV is but I have none of the options to fix it, Maybe all games have been like this but this is the first I have had a problem with it... are there still no fix for this, the game has nearly been  out for over a year now

I just got this game on PS4 and Im having the exact problem, really messin with the fun when I cant properly command an army

Back
Top Bottom