Props, weapons, armor: make a request

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Deus Ex, the palisade should be done soon (this week). I'm about to try out Janus' BRF joiner so that I don't have a string of BO.brf files. Also thanks to Fisheye as well. Now that I have all the right stuff I'm off to do some testing!

and here it is...(I build better snow forts... :oops: )

I did this up quick just to test out the pieces and made sure you go go where needed. Unfortunately this was made for flat ground (if you notice that the gate house is half under ground) so it's best for preset scenes.

you can download it here:https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=129

Hope it's what people are looking for. The TXT file included in the zip gives the layout of what's there.

If your looking for new weapons to make, how about a chinese repeating crossbow? Cho-Ko-Nu or whatever.

Probably wouldnt be able to get the firing action that it would require to be realistic (the top part sliding forward and back as you fire) but well the normal M&B crossbows dont move either so thatd be OK. Could just model it in the back position.

As for the repeating part all you have to do is set quantity to like 10 on the item and it would fire 10x before reloading.

http://www.atarn.org/chinese/rept_xbow.htm
/\ has a good bit of info about the bow if your interested, and some B&W pics, and
http://www.arco-iris.com/George/chu-ko-nu.htm
/\ has some more info, and a decent color pic of one in the forward position.

Im not making any mods to use it, as I really dont have the time to do anything other than waste a bit of spare time fooling around (college student and all :grin:), but it would be pretty nice to play with, and im sure others would put it in mods. Plus being able to fill the incoming army full of bolts with a repeating crossbow would be great fun.

Pallisade Walls work really well Jik, Thanks for making them, they really add a more rustic feel to some of the more outlying villages in Caldaria. The only problem Ive come across so far is that the walls look really bright at night time. But thats just nitpicky. Thanks again.

Jik, i have a simple request. In the pirates mod, the re-textured leather jerkin that the pikemen and musketeers use. Add a breastplate to that model. :smile:

Sorry about the glowing walls. I used the same shader as the limestone. That stuff is not really my bag... (texturing and shaders)

Yoshi, sure. I'll give it a try. do you know the name off hand? I got your mod, I'll try and do it tonight. The texture for it needs have a metal area. I'll check it out.

smaug_the_dragon said:
Thats odd then because the rock bases work fine, its just the wood itself that is a little glowy, not a big deal though, I'm just glad to have them.

Ok, I'll look into that and release an update.

Yoshiboy, I did the breastplate on the jerkin, but for some reason the export crashed. I'm just going to go over it again. I think I know what the problem was...

here's a sample from a max render:

Hope this is what you are looking for.

sorry I've given no updates to the weapons pack I was working on, I've been doing some test work with some of the new tools. I'll get on that witchking helm now and possibly release stuff early next week.

As a monk that has sworn newer to draw blood, I am forced to only use blunt weapons. These are quite fine most of the time, as most sinners readily repent when my righteous club meets their brittle bones.
However, some cowards are not prepared to meet me at an arms length, and need to be taught a lesson at a distance. Here, I have to resort to placing a rock between their eyes, which can be quite challenging at times.
A wider selection of blunt throwing or missile weapons would be appreciated, to help me in my noble quest. That may include bolas, boomerangs or whatever other devices you may think of.

witchkinghelmet.png

Maybe?

[edit]:

As a monk that has sworn newer to draw blood, I am forced to only use blunt weapons. These are quite fine most of the time, as most sinners readily repent when my righteous club meets their brittle bones.
However, some cowards are not prepared to meet me at an arms length, and need to be taught a lesson at a distance. Here, I have to resort to placing a rock between their eyes, which can be quite challenging at times.
A wider selection of blunt throwing or missile weapons would be appreciated, to help me in my noble quest. That may include bolas, boomerangs or whatever other devices you may think of.

Heehee. Paste this into your item_kinds1.txt:

itm_boulder boulder boulder 1 rock_a 0 541130762 9223372036854972416 70 8390656 50.000000 90 0 0 0 5 10000 67 26 48 20 555 562

Angarato said:
Heehee. Paste this into your item_kinds1.txt:

itm_boulder boulder boulder 1 rock_a 0 541130762 9223372036854972416 70 8390656 50.000000 90 0 0 0 5 10000 67 26 48 20 555 562

Hahaha! Now that wouldn't be complete without a tree to swing around as a two-handed weapon.

norup said:

I've made a throwing hammer. The bolo sounds kool, but it would just stick into the target and look kind of funny. A boomerang would work too, but it would fly straight and still impale...

Since I can't seem to do it myself...

I'd like to have the heraldric armor, mail shirt, and mail hauberk retextured. I'll provide the heraldry. Please PM me. Thanks!

http://home.istar.ca/~jcra4d/Media/scimitar.gif

If this could be made, I would be very greatful. It doesn't have to be perfect... Like, the designs I could do without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom