Props, weapons, armor: make a request

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[P]aradox

Recruit
Best answers
I'm in need of some modeling practice, and Wild West is on hiatus until I can get some new animations for it. If you want some custom content for your mod, be it a new prop or helmet or whatever, make a request. If it sounds like it'd be fun to work on, I'll make it for you. Heck, you don't even have to have a mod, you can just say 'it'd be cool to have a new kind of castle wall' or something.

Here's a couple samples of my work (the first one is a new prop I just made; all it needs is a grain merchant standing in front).

To do:

• Orc helmet
    Ganfalon (planned to do one for some time now)
    Gonfanon
    Maybe other banners
    New battlement
    Maybe other LOTR helmets (saw a cool Elven one when I was looking for reference)
    Barded horse
    Warhammer
    Wooden oar

sheek

Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
More walls, buildings and interior furniture for scenes would be great.

[P]aradox

Recruit
Best answers
Hey, I'm not here to replace ipek! I don't mind doing some generic stuff, but I'd rather have a more specific brief (like 'throne' instead of 'chair'). I do intend to create a new battlement model, though.

As for trees and bushes - not sure if I can until new materials are better understood. I don't know how M&B differentiates between alpha maps for transparency and specularity.

AW: I can do an orc helmet. Anything you had in mind? Something similar to the film look for orcs, or Uruk-Hai?

Khalid ibn Walid

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
GONFALONS (to hang inside buildings)!

And GONFANONS (to take into battle)

(although unless animation wind effects can be modelled, the latter may be rather silly-looking. but if THAT could be done, holy moly)!

But at least a (blank) gonfalon for propping inside. Pretty please?

Ubberdorc

Regular
Best answers
How about a norse helm like the one with eye pieces but with wings added to the side.
Or a great helm with a some sort of object on the top like the tutonic knights.

Kelpo

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
I would like to see some a tad more decorated helmets in the game, like horsehair helmets or helmets with horns or antlers stuck to the sides or somesuch.

edit: Ah, Ubberdorc beat me to it.

Kelpo

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
That's pretty nice, now go make more. Shoo, shoo.

edit: Ah, found some inspiration:
http://www.ceu.hu/medstud/manual/SRM/fields.htm
I especially like the one with the leg sticking out of this guy's helmet.

edit #2, the new and improved edit:
http://www.randyasplund.com/browse/medieval/crest.html
Here's some more.

edit #3 the mostest editest of them all:
http://www.heraldicsculptor.com/heraldry.html
and still more.

Valec SKylien

Regular
Best answers
Make Lances with Gondor, Rohan, Mordor and Isengard pendants on them! They don't have to flow, they'll look bad ass even if they are stiff.

[P]aradox

Recruit
Best answers
Broken down version of the windmill.

Waylander - click the image in my signature and you'll find a cowboy hat already in game :smile:

Hammerblade

Recruit
Best answers
Great job on the windmills! (and everything else)

Is it possible to model the movement of whips or a chain? I'd love to see a "ball & chain" spike mace or even nunchuka.

Status
Not open for further replies.