Progress Update

Users who are viewing this thread

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
...since people are wondering about what's up, thought I'd share.

1.  The new combat abilities are finalized.
2.  Still working on the biggest bugs; I think I've fixed the PR bugs with Companions turning on each other and generally causing a ruckus.  I think I've fixed the assign-a-fief bug through the Member dialog.
3.  I've added a bunch of new content.  New helmets, new armor, some new weapons, all that sort of stuff.

Still mulling over what to do with the Death Knights.  They're fixed, they appear on the appointed day... it's mainly deciding what they're going to do and how to code it.

You could make the DKs as the ultimate evil conquerors. Every 100 days, starting with day 50 for example, a few Dark Lords appear together, wreaking havoc in their path and conquering castles and towns. Of course, they start as enemies for everyone. After a short time, all of Calradia focuses their attention against them.

Thank you xenoargh , thank you for telling us your's mod progress , its has been agessssssssssssssssssssss since the last version came out .

Keep up the good work and hope to play your better game  :wink:

Death Knights should definately stay in. Maybe even have their own starting point? (Town, two castles etc etc)

If they will be their own faction, get the option to join them? Maybe? xD

Hmm, interesting question, how to do death knights in a way that's both sustainable and won't tear the game apart.

My first whimsical response is to spawn them and have them siege/conquer Dhirim.  EVERYONE wants Dhirim.  So everyone will go pick on the death knight faction and try to take Dhirim from them.  Chaos will ensue.  Opportunities will abound.

imgran said:
Hmm, interesting question, how to do death knights in a way that's both sustainable and won't tear the game apart.

My first whimsical response is to spawn them and have them siege/conquer Dhirim.  EVERYONE wants Dhirim.  So everyone will go pick on the death knight faction and try to take Dhirim from them.  Chaos will ensue.  Opportunities will abound.
I soooooo know that fact. I remember a while ago when I joined Nords and the king gave me Dhirim. We were at war with 4 nations, Swadia, Vaegirs, Rhodoks and Khergits. And everyone was after my town, armies after armies trying to take it, none succeded. That was back in the original game.

Yep.  The thing about Dhirim is that it is always

a: very rich
b: far from the Swadian main power base
c: is the one city in Calradia that borders every single other faction

Its strategic position is so huge that I always make it my capital once I obtain it.  It's a really good capital because of its central position -- you and a lot of cavalry and high Pathfinding skill, based in Dhirim, can get to anywhere in your kingdom before a siege concludes no matter how big your kingdom is.

Back
Top Bottom