Progress/Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

ah, thnx for that; so on the wiki shield there are six vairs even if there are only three stripes, somewhere along the line the two must have gotten reversed, or maybe it didn't matter as long as there was 6 of something to suggest the original idea

ETR: Whenever they get around to it! lol sorry couldnt resist.
You poor guys, the comunity just doesnt understand that modding takes time and is different from making a company based game because you still have to make a living on the side, and therefor, after youve done familly things and yada yada, THEN you get to work on the mod. Its ok...dont cry, whelsh is here for you, he understands *sniff*

(and then somebody brings up post where I asked for release date *gulp*)

Alex_S said:
quapitty said:
Ah, oui. Yes correct - I was not aware he's part of the lords in game - I'll chose another one then. Thanks for the hint.

Only noticed because I read somewhere relatively recently about the Coucys.
Here's a fragment from that book that tells the story of how they got their coat-of-arms
[...]From an exploit during the crusade [the first crusade; my note] the Coucy coat-of-arms derived, although whether the protagonist was Enguerrand [Enguerrand I not the one in the game who is Enguerand III; m.n.] or Thomas is disputed. One or the other with five companions, on being surprised by a party of Moslems when out of armor, took off his scarlet cloak trimmed with vair (squirrel fur), tore it into six pieces to make banners for recognition, and thus equipped, so the story goes, fell upon the Moslems and annihilated them. In commemoration a shield was adopted bearing the device of six horizontal bands, pointed, of red on white, or in heraldic terms, "Barry of six, vair and gules" (gules meaning red) [Tuchman, Barbara W.; A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century]
Now as far as I can tell the description doesn't correspond exactly with the best known coat-of-arms of Coucy
220px-Blason_Coucy-le-Chateau.svg.png
that's the one that has also been used for the in-game banner. The red stripes seem to have lost their point and those blue bits appeared at some point, or maybe I'm reading the heraldic lingo wrong idk. Also the in-game banner has more than six stripes and as for the pic of the shield that I could find, it seems all six didn't fit  :razz:

Regardless, the story might make for an interesting quest for E1200, not the story itself but a similar exploit lived by the player, 5 companions, no armor, a sudden attack, it fits perfectly, eh?

hello !
I live in coucy and i am a reenactor of Enguerrand III.
I made many research about the "true heraldry" of coucy's coat.

And this is the right "Vair" used in heraldry in century XIII.
according : Seal, Tombs.
Code:
Take a look on my sources : 
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7SPYsEOKDYRZWQzNWY4NTAtNWFlMC00ZmZhLTg1ZDYtZTg0MGNmNTkxNTYw

548135_3810648266461_488723130_n.jpg

and if you want to modelize in 3D the helmet of Coucy :

look :
projetheaumejehan.jpg

baptiste00.jpg

baptiste01.jpg

Licko90 said:
Is arn de Gothi in mod? i saw some names of companions that i already have so idk if i can find arn...
Yes, he is in the mod. Search harder.

Yes, he is AFAIK a sleeveless-surcoat-wearing Templar knight with a bow.  :???: So at least with respect to the movie it's 70% accurate. :p

can you put diplomacy into the next big update?
can you change the character creation screen?
and can you make a Colosseum in Rome!?

jovan104 said:
can you put diplomacy into the next big update?
No, but we are adding Diplomacy features one step at a time.
jovan104 said:
can you change the character creation screen?
Maybe... But there are more important things currently, so we're not really thinking about it now.
jovan104 said:
and can you make a Colosseum in Rome!?
We actually started modelling a Colloseum some time ago (as a tournament arena), but it seems we have a curse layed upon that project.
We call it ''The Gladiator Curse''.
Meaning that we had 3 different sceners working on a Colloseum, but all 3 have quit the forum after some time (2 of them for unknown reasons), so the arena remained unfinished.
Weird stuff there...

will be the multyplayer like single player  you talk with lords you do missions with friends cause THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom