Professionalism

Users who are viewing this thread

Locklave

Recruit
Does it matter to the dev team and the people supporting (working for) them? It appears not to from my perspective.

Hotfix details, posted in random threads. Patches going live on Steam with no notes or hidden in existing earlier note spawning "where are the patch notes" threads. A number of detailed posts from devs about the state of the game not found in a easy to find blog, but instead hidden in some random thread by a user.

Even people that frequent these forums are likely to miss this information.

There has been more then enough time to get organized and a mod could be given the ability to put this together.

edit:

This is not on Steam, why? 2-5 million sales on that platform.

Last edited:
Inappropriate behavior
You're welcome to rescind your support - snip -, feeling mighty proud about how you lectured someone on professionalism.

In the meanwhile, the rest of us you just blindly insulted under the blanket, will merrily continue discussing new ideas and feedback to help the game become better, if not for Bannerlord, at least for the future titles that may yet come.

I think it's a whole lot better to be "unprofessional" but more constructive, rather than be holier-than-thou dou**ebag.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't post information in easy to find locations, that's a reasonable thing to expect. Hotfix patch note being hidden in a random thread is not normal or professional.

Who did I blindly blanket insult? It has nothing to do with you or random posters support.

edit:

I seriously think you should re read my post as your reply is wildly off base.

There I edited the OP (working for) added, I was referring to people who aren't devs doing support functions. We'll pretend I'm to blame for you jumping to conclusions even though the entire content of the post doesn't support that conclusion.

Last edited:
This is a perfectly reasonable request from Locklave. The lack of structured community management and communication is definitely an issue. As I am a game developer myself, I also wonder about some decisions concerning balancing and some fixes which made the game worse and could have been easily avoided. Even a M&B dev has been complaining about some decisions of his team. That tells a lot.

I find myself confused about the random patch updates without any notes too. Also, the main link to patch updates on the website is still stuck on the first patch, so I'd have to agree with the OP on this issue.

I find myself confused about the random patch updates without any notes too.

They are been posted on the sticky threat right on the top of the forum.

Also, the main link to patch updates on the website is still stuck on the first patch, so I'd have to agree with the OP on this issue.

There are all patch notes to the patches published so far.

3 hotfixes have been applied in 1 week, I believe, as I have no reliable way of keeping track or checking. I have no clue what the last 2 did because only the first one got linked by a Steam user to a random thread in this forum.

@kweassa and @hruza, come on now. OP is just saying that TW sucks at communicating things. It is a well known fact that that is true, I don't think anyone can argue with that. And I have always found the game of "wack-a-patch note" a litte silly myself.

Damn when i saw Professionalism i was waiting to see some kind of suggestion to improve flavor to army or something like that, but again another complain Thread.

Why don't you guys just Follow people that post patch note on the forum so you get them on your news feed, it's always the same person and you've got tools like thread watching / search engine to keep yourself informed.

Far from optimal yeah but keep in mind that it's developers that actually post patch notes, as community manager Callum seems to have personal issues going on that prevent him to do that. So be lenient on them, it's not their usual job.

There is some external source like Steamdb to keep track aswell.

Damn when i saw Professionalism i was waiting to see some kind of suggestion to improve flavor to army or something like that, but again another complain Thread.

Why don't you guys just Follow people that post patch note on the forum so you get them on your news feed, it's always the same person and you've got tools like thread watching / search engine to keep yourself informed.

Far from optimal yeah but keep in mind that it's developers that actually post patch notes, as community manager Callum seems to have personal issues going on that prevent him to do that. So be lenient on them, it's not their usual job.

It happened exactly the same way when Callum was posting (actually, it was worse, at least now they are updating the first post). And his personal issues have all my understanding and certainly should take priority for him, but there's more than one PR person working for TW.

I have spoken out against people just raging and complaining for no good reason before on this forum. This isn't it, OP has a point.

@The Sign of 33 way to try and inflame things for no good reason.

They need to assign it to a TW mod or a Steam mod if time/personal stuff is the issue. I'm sure they could even find a responsible community member to do it if they had to (no way in hell I'm talking about me here, lol).

@The Sign of 33 That first post made me want to react the same way, I understand, but this issue is important. Please, don't continue like that.

Lets not forget the random dev posts going into great detail about the current state of the game being hidden in random posts. This stuff needs to be in a blog so people know what the devs are working on and what the current thinking is on problems. A lot of the community has no clue where the devs minds are atm and frankly having searched for all those random posts I'm still at a loss when it comes to the direction the patches were taking.

People need to understand the thought process, not the details, but simply the intent behind changes or intended changes.

edit:

Everything posted here for information purposes needs to be posted on Steam. That's where the lions share of the player population is.

I have spoken out against people just raging and complaining for no good reason before on this forum. This isn't it, OP has a point.

I know, of course he has a point and it would be great to have separate thread for every hotfix, advancement report or post that keep us informed of delay/issue encountered.

I was just sharing the way you can get those information when they are here, not in the best friendly way i agree but i'm kind of tired to read the same complain everytime and too few interesting test/suggestions related to the game itself, not company behavior.

I know, of course he has a point and it would be great to have separate thread for every hotfix, advancement report or post that keep us informed of delay/issue encountered.

I was just sharing the way you can get those information when they are here, not in the best friendly way i agree but i'm kind of tired to read the same complain everytime and too few interesting test/suggestions related to the game itself, not company behavior.

No worries, I understand the frustration believe me. I do think that TW being better about communicating would be good for the game too though. It would be easier to provide feedback if we had a better understanding of what their thought process is.

Everything posted here for information purposes needs to be posted on Steam. That's where the lions share of the player population is.

Now this I don't agree with. Many games who are sold exclusively on Steam don't even have an active Steam forum. As long as things are communicated clearly on this forum, I don't see why people can't just come here to get updates. @hruza is not wrong on that.

Edit: I am also not sure how you can tell that the lion share of the population is on Steam. Clearly everybody is playing the game on Steam, but I don't know that there is a way to tell that the majority of players are active on the Steam forum (especially since there's plenty of people that are active here, there and on reddit at the same time). At the end of the day this is the main game forum, so it seems reasonable to me that updates would be described more in detail here.

@kweassa and @hruza, come on now. OP is just saying that TW sucks at communicating things. It is a well known fact that that is true, I don't think anyone can argue with that. And I have always found the game of "wack-a-patch note" a litte silly myself.

Sucks compared to what? I have played many games and I newer saw a company providing all the info players wanted, or thought that they are "entitled" to. There are many companies that communicate much less with the players, and judging by some reactions by the players (not just of this game), I sometimes think that they are correct to do so. Offer a finger and they will try to grab a hand and complain if they won't get it. If you won't tell anything to the players, they will have nothing to complain about. And I am talking about info during development specifically, not about documentation of the finished game.

Anyway, TW publishes patchnotes to all the main patches on their website and on their official forum. They have also published the main direction game is heading here. I don't know why they don't publish everything also on the Steam forum, but I find complains that info is only been published on the official game site and forum and not on forum of distribution network as a bit silly. I would understand if OP would ask for the info been published also there, but accusing devs of lack of professionalism if they don't do it seems indeed silly to me. I mean how hard is it to find an official site and official forum and check on it from time to time?

Now I do find structure of the forum here to be bit confusing in that you have "general" forum and then you have separate ones for SP and MP and then ton of subforums for this or that. Result is that you need to check both SP and general forum if you want to keep track of everything. But that was the case for TW forums since ever.

Okay.. So a comment which contains "dou**ebag." isn't deleted but "stupid fanboy reactions" is a no-no. Got it. Brilliant moderation there, fanboys just being warned for show when they cross the line but really moderation seem to like them defending TW aganist even the slightest bit of criticism. Disgusting.

Knowing this is aggravating to say the least. I guess personal attacks against me deserve to be seen still.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom