Problem, shots not being registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey again guys, I've heard a lot of people complain about the innacuracy of the muskets, and even rifles. I understand how unreliable they were back then, but I've realised through countless batttles that there are just times where there is no way I can miss, yet I do anyway. At first I tolerated this as maybe some how it missed, but after I tried the slow motion cheat to make parts of a battle more interesting, I found I would hit them every time with the jaeger rifle in slow motion (When they were standing still). Even when they were standing in a crowd that was bigger than my cross hair, I still missed.

So my point is, I think that in the normal game time a lot of the shots arent being registered, perhaps because of the amount of other things being processed that maybe getting shot isnt very high priority on that list. Where as in slow motion the game or pc has more time to process everything as it comes, so every shot counts.

Is there any way that this can be fixed?

Thats not it.

Nobody knows why(I think) but the higher the damage the less accurate the weapon is.

I think you could say that the muskets are so powerful that the bullet disintegrates upon firing.

I lowered the power of muskets (and their accuracy to compensate the gain from damage loss) and they started to hit alot more while still being relatively innacurate... but they at least hit something.

Yea. They do 255 damage

Well.. My plan for the other expansions. is to keep every weapon to 100 accuracy except for the pistols. And just adjust the damage to ajust the accuracy. In second thoughts does this make more sense does it not?

@Bjorne

I used 180 Damage and 75 Accuracy for Flintlock muskets (5 lower for Light musket)
For Rifles I used 190 Damage and 85 Accuracy
And Pistols I used 140 Damage and 50 Accuracy

I also halved missile speeds so I could(try to)track the bullets while testing it.(I doubt the bullets of those times flew so fast).

That worked fine for me when two lines fired at each other it was still a bit random who died but at least 2 to 7 people died per volley.

In my opinion you should max the accuracy as 99 no higher than that and as you lower the damage lower the accuracy too.

Ya.
I think I solved the problem..
I think I gonna give it a code. That when you hit your target, (wounds it) it will drop dead.. so one shot one kill.... what do you think?

Well not all wounds were fatal. And that would be really annoying as the player when a drunken militiaman does a pot-shot.

true.. hmm..
Maybe doing so that the target will be forced to do a animation where he is tossed down on the ground and then lying there for a while.. and if it is not a hero it will be knocked unconscious after the animation.
But it needs to be a non-fatal shot for this to happen. if not. they will just simply drop dead.

Scripting an actual death is probably a bad solution. But I wonder if you can script in additional damage on top of the base musket damage (ie in tandem with the impact) without causing disintegrating bullets?

Berserker Pride said:
Adding damage to the bullets instead of the gun will increase damage without increasing inaccuracy.
Really? We then should consider adding damage to ammo rather then the weapon itself! Great suggestion! This would solve a lot of problems.

JDeNef13

Berserker Pride said:
Adding damage to the bullets instead of the gun will increase damage without increasing inaccuracy.
This I do know. The thing is... I read somewhere that, that creates another problem. don't know where though...

It shouldn't cause any problems I use it a bit and it seems to work fine.  I used it to make a 100 damage bow for a boss character so they would both do a lot of damage and be accurate.

same problem for me. only 1-3 of 10 shots registered , i hate that  :sad: is there any fix?

sorry for poor english

Sir Siegfried said:
I also halved missile speeds so I could(try to)track the bullets while testing it.(I doubt the bullets of those times flew so fast).

Actually, most small-arms projectiles flew extremely fast, though not as fast as today. Oddly enough though, most muskets had far higher calibres than those of today, which may have had something to do with their inaccuracies compared to the weapons of today. There are accounts of musket shots literally snapping limbs in half or off and shattering bones in one shot.

The idea of increasing damage stats and accuracy sounds good to me, considering accuracy is drastically reduced with higher damages. The projectile speeds should remain the same in my opinion though.

i've been increasing cartridge damage by 100 and lowering weapon damage by 100 over the past half hour.
All i need to do is find large bag of cartridges and i might upload it to filefront or something.
But can somebody tell me the number of the large bag of cartridges? To say the least, it has me stumped.

EDIT:
Never mind, found out it's the same as normal cartridges.
gonna upload it to filefront now.

Back
Top Bottom