Private Server Monetisation Policy

WilliamTheBear

Global Moderator
WBNWVCM&B
Best answers
Honestly do not know if a Taleworlds Admin has legitimately extended the grace period without a public announcement or Kingsman is just bull****ting. Really could use a response from OP.
The grace period was extended until 20th.

Surkan

Baron
WBNW
Best answers
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
We have decided to extend the grace period until the 20/06/18 to give us a chance to go over all of your feedback. If our stance on any part of the policy changes we will let you all know as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns it would be much better to contact us directly at the email provided.

It would also be really helpful if any server hosts contacted me directly either here on the forums through a PM, or at the provided email so that we can establish a line of direct communication to resolve any issues that might arise after the policy is in place.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:

Gatts

Master Knight
WBNW
Best answers
How can I see if my VPS is blacklisted or not blacklisted?

I just hired a VPS from Contabo and opened a server on it, but server doesn't appear on server list.

Can you help me with that please? I was going to open NW server my regiment.

WilliamTheBear

Global Moderator
WBNWVCM&B
Best answers
Gatts said:
How can I see if my VPS is blacklisted or not blacklisted?

I just hired a VPS from Contabo and opened a server on it, but server doesn't appear on server list.

Can you help me with that please? I was going to open NW server my regiment.
I very much doubt your server has been blacklisted if you've just set it up and had no prior problems in regards with TaleWorlds policies. I reckon it's a technical problem on your side. It might also be that random bug where you can't see specific servers for whatever reason. Talked with a large number of people in the past month that have been experiencing that.

Rikk_YT

Recruit
Best answers
Are we allowed to give some perks as donation? such as a name tag behind the player's name in the chat, it will be like this,

[Donator]Rikk - <Message>

?

WilliamTheBear

Global Moderator
WBNWVCM&B
Best answers
Rikk said:
Are we allowed to give some perks as donation? such as a name tag behind the player's name in the chat, it will be like this,

?
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Server Owners

You are allowed to:
• Accept donations
• Charge players a flat fee to access your server (providing you have the explicit permission to use any mods, maps, game modes, intellectual property or any other additional content hosted on your server)
• Offer reserved slots for donators
• Offer out-of-game rewards
Offer in-game custom titles as a reward
All the things you're allowed to do are listed in the topic. And so, yes you can offer in-game custom titles as a reward.

Rikk_YT

Recruit
Best answers
William The Bear said:
Rikk said:

?
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Server Owners

You are allowed to:
• Accept donations
• Charge players a flat fee to access your server (providing you have the explicit permission to use any mods, maps, game modes, intellectual property or any other additional content hosted on your server)
• Offer reserved slots for donators
• Offer out-of-game rewards
Offer in-game custom titles as a reward
All the things you're allowed to do are listed in the topic. And so, yes you can offer in-game custom titles as a reward.

Thanks for the help!

Duh

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
Flavberg said:
So... the policy is in effect?
Yes, but as far as I know Server Hosts will see a slight update that permits them to charge for the infrastructure required to run certain features beyond the base server. Do wait on an official statement in regards to that or inquire via email, though.

As for Gatts... I don't think anyone was blacklisted so far.

Gatts

Master Knight
WBNW
Best answers
Duh said:
Flavberg said:
Yes, but as far as I know Server Hosts will see a slight update that permits them to charge for the infrastructure required to run certain features beyond the base server. Do wait on an official statement in regards to that or inquire via email, though.

I have 3 different VPSes, I can open servers on two of these but not the last one, all has same OS, I do the same things but server doesn't appear on server list. There's no another explanation.

Orion

Still Not Worthy
Global Moderator
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
Gatts said:
I have 3 different VPSes, I can open servers on two of these but not the last one, all has same OS, I do the same things but server doesn't appear on server list. There's no another explanation.
I feel you haven't exhausted other possibilities yet. I'm fairly certain no-one has been blacklisted, so there is some other reason for why your server doesn't appear.

Best answers
Gatts said:
Duh said:
Flavberg said:

Hosting on a VPS isn't a good idea anyway :razz:

Callum

Community Manager
Best answers
We feel like we have given people plenty of time to become familiar with this policy and make changes to their service. So from now on, we will start to actively enforce the policy.

With that in mind, this server has now been blacklisted:

59th_Jailbreak
  • Violation of Monetisation Policy
  • Racism/Homophobia by Server Owners on Server & Homepage
  • Asset Theft

Pmurt

Recruit
Best answers
Howdy, fellas.

Just wanted to say that I'm quite shocked, though not entirely surprised to hear that 59th_Jailbreak, and by extension NRP, have been blacklisted. I imaging NRP will be white listed again since that seemed more like an accident due to the IP addresses being shared, but your decision on indefinitely blacklisting Jailbreak from NW is upsetting to say the least. While some of the rationale behind it makes sense (the re-purposed maps, the "racist" remarks and what not), the idea that JB will not be receiving a second chance is, in my opinion, a very unfair decision. As an admin for JB (or ex-admin now) we were currently in the process of re-hauling a lot of the server's rules and practices - we were cracking down on the racist remarks, the racist maps, etc. - though it seems it was too little too late.

I guess I'm not trying to beg for the server's forgiveness, but I'd sincerely appreciate it if there was a chance that JB could be given a second chance, especially since it's a pretty popular server most of the time. At the end of the day it's not going to effect my life in anyway, though it's one less cathartic way to have a fun little time with the NW community, but it's still an upsetting decision by Taleworlds.

Vissy

Baron
WBNW
Best answers
Pmurt said:
Howdy, fellas.

Just wanted to say that I'm quite shocked, though not entirely surprised to hear that 59th_Jailbreak, and by extension NRP, have been blacklisted. I imaging NRP will be white listed again since that seemed more like an accident due to the IP addresses being shared, but your decision on indefinitely blacklisting Jailbreak from NW is upsetting to say the least. While some of the rationale behind it makes sense (the re-purposed maps, the "racist" remarks and what not), the idea that JB will not be receiving a second chance is, in my opinion, a very unfair decision. As an admin for JB (or ex-admin now) we were currently in the process of re-hauling a lot of the server's rules and practices - we were cracking down on the racist remarks, the racist maps, etc. - though it seems it was too little too late.

I guess I'm not trying to beg for the server's forgiveness, but I'd sincerely appreciate it if there was a chance that JB could be given a second chance, especially since it's a pretty popular server most of the time. At the end of the day it's not going to effect my life in anyway, though it's one less cathartic way to have a fun little time with the NW community, but it's still an upsetting decision by Taleworlds.
just having a normal one defending racist server owners i see

Dimboi

Banned
Best answers
I would like to ask on what are you reffering to as "Asset theft"? Most of not all maps are either custom made by members of the community or modified templates of the lograx who gave us explicit permission to use them. All our skins (which are for the most part given out randomly at the start of the round to all players) are game assets and we haven't used any kind of scripts that we ourselves didn't ask for / made.

I just want to clear some stuff out. Also  Imperium, although you are entitled to your opinion I ask of you to contribute meaningfully, rejecting our points because we are "racists"  (ad hominem) is not an argument

SacrificialLamb

Recruit
Best answers
Could you clarify for other server owners what constitutes as racism or homophobia? Obsviously stuff like ‘kill the <race, religion>’ falls under that category but is a username of say Hitler allowed? What about something like ‘**** hitler?’ Less hated persons who some might argue committed horrible acts like ‘kaiser wilhelm’ or ‘erdogan?’ Any dictator for that matter?

Messages supporting the nazis or slavery is clear but what about messages supporting other controversial topics? British empire for those who are strongly anti-colonialism? Ottoman empire? They did afterall commit genocide. What about the soviet union who also committed horrible acts?

The list goes on and on and while some are clear, could you clarify the grey areas. Many thanks.