PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Brūnanburh (April 28th)

Users who are viewing this thread

nurgle01099 said:
Todays event was great! I spliced together some clips I took just like the last event if anyone wants to watch them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaNWjoc9IA&feature=youtu.be

This is great. :smile:

nurgle01099 said:
Todays event was great! I spliced together some clips I took just like the last event if anyone wants to watch them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaNWjoc9IA&feature=youtu.be

Nice throw at 7:16. A bit risky, but lucky enough.
Thanks for creating this. I couldn't get in because of authorization-key issues, but this is some consolation at least.

Firstly, my thanks to the organizers who put their time and effort into this event. Thoroughly enjoyed and looking forward to the next!

Secondly, thumbs up for the public hosts! Well played for a horde of bloodthirsty chaps, most of whom have never played together before. Well done.

Finally, nice screenshots Romainor!

Shame I was and am too sick to play atm, but great to hear it was much fun for everyone who could make it. Cheers to the organizers and leaders!

Nice video, Nurgle!  :cool:

Me at 3:46!
And killing someone at 3:52!  :grin:
And dying at 6:56 from a lucky javelin throw! (I did have my shield up, but it got around it - well done that man! :wink: )

Was my first Vikingr event and it was epic, enjoyed a lot. Also was proud to serve under Myrcena Fyrd banner and leadership in thath bloodthirshty horde.

We got the Goats!

That was my best experience of all vikingr events so far!

Huge thanks to the organizer, hopefully we'll have soon more events like these!

Thanks to the brave Gaels for fighting till the last man!

Finngeirr, the engle with a wrong banner

Juhnimus said:
We got the Goats!

I'd forgotten about the goats!! Wth did that come from anyway??  :grin:

I would also like to add my thanks to everyone who set this up for...uh...setting this up! :smile:  It was my first VikingR game too, not to mention my first proper online battle (I play often on public siege servers but it's not the same).

I forgot to thank Skvor for his contribution to the event: his beautiful art! There, fixed.

Hopefully the next event won't take too long either. It's been 3 months and a half between Val-ès-Dunes and Brunanburh, and it would have been 2 and a half without the server crash, which is a marked improvement over the 6 months between Se Þeodloga and Val-ès-Dunes and between Eafanheall and Se Þeodloga. It'd be great if we could get up the momentum. Something might be brewing...

I would love to see a Rus-Northmen event. Never mind finding a historical battle with it, the factions fought eachother enough. It would give some great balancing and tactical challenges. Could even do a longboat battle in between for fun :cool:

It's nice to come up with suggestions but ultimately it's up to whoever steps up to organize the next event. Anyone willing to put in the required time and energy probably has their own ideas already. :razz:

(Assuming anyone other than Eiríkr is even considering doing it, that is!)

I am not averse to Rus - Rus, in fact I think it sounds splendid. It's simply a matter that I've had Maldon on my mind for as long as Víkingr has been around... We'll see what comes out in the next couple of weeks, Hroða.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom