Pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Guor

Recruit
After both 1.3 and 1.4 updates i have some problems with making children. Wife is constatly in party but no pregnancy. Im talking about 3 different campaigns two times married with Idrun (Olek's daughter) and one with Ira. In 1.3 i used the campaign.conceive_child command and everything worked like a charm. After 1.4 though this isn't working.Anyone know a way to have some offsprings?

I believe there is a random chance of any given male/female being sterile on a given playthrough. I've married svana in 3 different playthroughs, and 1 of the 3 she didnt get pregnant once. Or was that phaea? Liena is a baby factory. So was alynneth... I might be playing this game too much.

After both 1.3 and 1.4 updates i have some problems with making children. Wife is constatly in party but no pregnancy. Im talking about 3 different campaigns two times married with Idrun (Olek's daughter) and one with Ira. In 1.3 i used the campaign.conceive_child command and everything worked like a charm. After 1.4 though this isn't working.Anyone know a way to have some offsprings?
Are you waiting in towns with wife in party? It only happens when you wait

In my experience waiting isnt required, or having them directly in your party. I've had wives get pregnant in my party, leading their own party in my army, or our lieges army that I'm also in. I've had them give birth while travelling between two towns, and then immediately get pregnant again before reaching the second town.

In the latest versions I have also found that you have to be waiting for a while before the "your wife is with child" notification pops up. Liena has been in my party for ages but only seems to get pregnant if we stop in a settlement for a "break".

The earlier versions it didn't seem to matter at all, at least that has been my experience for what it is worth,

In my experience waiting isnt required, or having them directly in your party. I've had wives get pregnant in my party, leading their own party in my army, or our lieges army that I'm also in. I've had them give birth while travelling between two towns, and then immediately get pregnant again before reaching the second town.
What patch are you playing on? From what I understand they changed it to only while waiting at patch 1.3 ish

Edit: think it was true patch before 1.3 actually.

Started a new save in 1.4.1, havent gotten married yet in that one. My experience would be from my last long term, which started in 1.3.

Are you waiting in towns with wife in party? It only happens when you wait
I suppose that was the answer. As soon as i stayed at a castle waiting she got pregnant.I thought moving around with her in the party was enough but apparrently you need some privacy to get the job done which seems logical.
Thank you mate.

Guys, I have read on Steam forum that the solution is to make a wife governowr in some town, to have a beer in inventory and to wait in that place. After loooong time waiting for the things to happen I did exactly that. Worked almost instantly :smile:. I wonder if it is always a solution. Many times my other wife in other playthrough got pregnant while wondering with her hrough the map I think but I never payed attantion. Now this trickl seems to work. Check if it will work for all of you too. And I mean version 1.4.0. with mods but no mod is fertility related.

Guys, I have read on Steam forum that the solution is to make a wife governowr in some town, to have a beer in inventory and to wait in that place. After loooong time waiting for the things to happen I did exactly that. Worked almost instantly :smile:. I wonder if it is always a solution. Many times my other wife in other playthrough got pregnant while wondering with her hrough the map I think but I never payed attantion. Now this trickl seems to work. Check if it will work for all of you too. And I mean version 1.4.0. with mods but no mod is fertility related.
Thanks for that suggestion. I will try it out, as soon as I get myself a wife. ?

My guy doesn't waste a minute, he put a bun in the oven while his castle was under siege. I'm sure it was very romantic too.

For those wondering about fertility and age etc, Chad The Impaler is 42 and Idrun is 31.

My wife and I made one baby, and then we stopped. Our relationship somehow went to -1; probably because of my in-laws. I wanted her to make more babies, but nothing was happening for a long time.
Anyway, I got myself a castle, made sure I had beer in my inventory, and then made her the governor. Then she was pregnant. Just like that. ?

tried it..and this sh*t works..lol

I'm always confused about the pregnancy rules. A dev answered me once but only partially saying they need to be in the same place as you now. In older build you absolutely got pregnant no matter where mate was but they changed it. I'd like to know if you have to wait too, but didn't get that part answered.
In my loooooong game I only made 2 kids and I'm too old to try the beer trick now.

I'm always confused about the pregnancy rules. A dev answered me once but only partially saying they need to be in the same place as you now. In older build you absolutely got pregnant no matter where mate was but they changed it. I'd like to know if you have to wait too, but didn't get that part answered.
In my loooooong game I only made 2 kids and I'm too old to try the beer trick now.

You have to wait in the settlement.

Back
Top Bottom