Resolved [Possible game-breaking exploit] Editing local files

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.4
Branch
Main

yndynihcovaqutpbzs

Summary: Editing mpcharacters.xml and changing the stats of the classes seems to give you an advantage over other players. I thought local file editing is only client-sided but doing this actually seems to work. You seem to be able to swing faster in general and it doesn't feel client-sided because those hits sync up with the server. I think there are probably players already using it if this is true because you likely wondered sometimes how someone can seemingly hit 2.5x faster than you under the exact same circumstances. I found that it's pretty useless to change the crossbow and bow values because it basically forces you to reload the crossbow twice and when using a bow, it'll probably result in your arrow curving oddly.

I can't 100% confirm this exploit because I'm only 1 person and latency + server stability could have made it feel like it works. So, if others test this, maybe they'll have the same or different results.
How to Reproduce: Edit mpcharacters.xml and change the stats of the heroes. 200 might be the max you can increase it to and anything beyond that is pointless.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom