Resolved Portraits are occasionally generated without facial hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Excirial

Recruit
This is one I've come across a few times across various save games.

For some characters it appears that their character portrait is generated without their facial hair. The screenshot is an example of this - in the top is the character portrait as it appears in the tavern interface. The below part of the screenshot is the same character in the encyclopedia (Opened by right-clicking on the character portrait).

In case if this is relevant i also note that:
  1. This isn't only limited to beards. Missing mustaches have been spotted as well.
  2. It does not happen to every character and is in fact rather rare. For example, all the other portraits in the town (The quest givers) appear to be accurate.
  3. It is not limited to companions. In other instances i spotted an NPC questgiver in a town who should have had a large mustache yet didn't posses any according to the portrait.
For convenience sake a savegame was already uploaded for this, with the main character being located in the town where this NPC currently resides in the tavern.

g43Z2Nu.png

I should probably have mentioned i initially produced the issue on an unmodded 1.5.2 version, with the only mods being used by me currently is the Settlement Icons mods (And its dependencies). But yes, i agree that supporting modded games would only lead to a wild goose chase for problems that might be related to a mod.

That said, i just deleted the Modules related to mods, verified the game files integrity and started a fresh new game. After a bit of wandering i found another NPC that had the same problems.

A new screenshot demonstrating the issue is below, and a new savegame has already been uploaded as well in case that's useful.

5yAct4i.png

With a mod that allows age manipulation (character reload) I tweaked around, and it seems that characters between age 21.00 and 21.99 use teenager portraits, but adult character models, so encyclopedia will show them with facial hair, but portraits in town menu will show them without. Before 21.00, they use teen model on the map and encyclopedia, when they turn 22.00 they use both adult model and portrait. I saw this happen to characters on a game untouched by any mod, only using the ctrl+c command in character creation to change the age of my character during campagain setup, but this allowed to pinpoint the issue.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom