Poll: Which 3 factions do you like the best?

Which 3 factions do you like the best?

• Denmark

Votes: 52 14.4%
  • Scotland

Votes: 52 14.4%
  • Almohads

Votes: 17 4.7%
  • Holy Roman Empire

Votes: 102 28.2%
  • France

Votes: 47 13.0%
  • England

Votes: 104 28.7%
  • Papal States

Votes: 23 6.4%
  • Portugal

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • Sicily

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Aragon

• Castille & Leon

• Ireland

Votes: 43 11.9%
  • Roman Empire (Byzantine)

Votes: 95 26.2%
  • Poland

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Hungary

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Rascia (Serbia)

Votes: 20 5.5%
  • Wales

Votes: 30 8.3%
  • Bohemia

• Seljuks

Votes: 31 8.6%
  • Venice

Votes: 34 9.4%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 14 3.9%
  • Lombard League

• Bulgaria

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Baltic Duchies

Votes: 32 8.8%
  • The Dutch Counties

Votes: 13 3.6%
  • The Principality of Halych

Votes: 12 3.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, though I tend to think of them in terms of their corruption, tyranny, decay and ultimate defeat.

The-Doc said:
Fair enough, though I tend to think of them in terms of their corruption, tyranny, decay and ultimate defeat.

Isn't that romantic? The history of most of their emperors is worthy of a thousand novels like I, Claudius. Even better. I, Basil I, I, Justinian or I, Alexios III, would be best-sellers. Their stories have all that likes to today's readers (intrigue, war, violence and sex), with the advantatge that it all is true!

True, just look at Conn Igguldens series about Gaius Julius Caesar, and Genghis Khan (if anyone of you have read those), they are awesome.

And I might just pop in to say that the Alexiad is an intriguing and fascinating look into the Byzantine character, and how the Roman Empire reacted to the crusaders!

Cèsar de Quart said:
The-Doc said:

Isn't that romantic? The history of most of their emperors is worthy of a thousand novels like I, Claudius. Even better. I, Basil I, I, Justinian or I, Alexios III, would be best-sellers. Their stories have all that likes to today's readers (intrigue, war, violence and sex), with the advantatge that it all is true!

Good point you've won me over on that, I guess my thoughts were aimed more at those that seem to lament the passing of the Empire as if it was some great tragedy. I can certainly understand appreciation of the lurid history and advanced arts/architecture/society.

1st Romans - I LOVE the Romans soooo much because of all the history...  I will recreat the Roman Empire  :twisted:

2nd Denmark -  I'm American but I'm 100% Finish, closest thing to them so this was my first empire to be under

3rd Venice - I love starting off small then growing to be all powerful.

1st Seljuks- They are my ancestors. :smile:
2nd HRE- Their knights are quitely good...
3rd France- Their armors are looking good.

1-Sicily- I love the italian factions, and I always play Sicily on MTW2
2-Castille & Leon- My great grandfather was like 50% Spanish, so I dont know what that makes me, and I've always like spanish heritage and culture
3-Vencie- Like I said, I love the italian kingdoms, and I like Venice because of their major trade economy and how they affected and were affected by the crusades. Im actually trying to learn a bit more about Italian history, and maybe even take a vacation there.  :smile:

Aragon - my grandparents except one grandmother were catalan! and they rock in this period of time!
Castille & Leon - they TOO rock in this period of time, and just for being a spanish kingdom
Toulouse - My grandmother is from southern france, and i'm a HUGE fan of cavalry and knights so of course my favorite 3 kingdoms have powerful mounted troops

My votes go to:

Hungary - cos' I'm Hungarian myself so it's a natural choice  :grin:
Poland - because throughout history they've been like a brother-nation to Hungary many times
Serbia AND Bulgaria - although I know Hungary was/is on bad terms with them for historical reasons, if I had the chance to change history I'd definately make peace with them and establish a sort of confederacy*.

*which I have done during one of my campaigns in the mod  :mrgreen:

Portugal-I am portuguesae so I naturaly like them.
Holy Germanic Roman Empire- I got to love those gothic knigths D for the Emperor!
And Roman Empire I always loved Roman History Eastern or Western.

Here's my little pitch:

Holy Roman Empire -  Gotta love the Germans. That and I'm terrible that I always force a war on Poland  :lol:

Ireland - Never played them but I'm roughly 33% Irish on my family's side, so I gotta vote for em.

England - Only just started playing the English but their troops are pretty good, and I love how their low tier troops like the Militia look and play out as.

Cèsar de Quart said:
The-Doc said:
Little love for Sicily and Castille it seems

Because Friedrich II is not still king and Emperor.

Yeah, it's too bad that M&B doesn't have the capacity for historical developments of this sort. Would be fun to serve under old Stupor Mundi as HRE. Sicily is still pretty cool, think I'll play for them next...

The-Doc said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
The-Doc said:
Little love for Sicily and Castille it seems

Because Friedrich II is not still king and Emperor.

Yeah, it's too bad that M&B doesn't have the capacity for historical developments of this sort. Would be fun to serve under old Stupor Mundi as HRE. Sicily is still pretty cool, think I'll play for them next...

You can make a character called Friedrich von Hohenstaufen and recover your kingdom. Actually, that's a pretty nice idea, I have to try it myself!

1. Denmark - I'm Scandinavian

2. Baltic Duchies - I live in Finland, they are finno-ugrians too (well, at least some of them)

3. Was a close call between (Eastern) Roman Empire and Hungary, but I chose Hungary because of they're horse archers... and they're finno-ugric.

My Votes

-France-  I'm about 45% Paris French, gotta love'em!

-Venice-  Rich, Tiny Republic. Just so Awsome!

-Byzintine Empire-  I love scale armor, Roman Architecture and Eastern Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom