POLL: Want you a future Brytenwalda expansion? You Choose (Read before voting)

Brytenwalda Expansion: You choose

• - Brytenwalda: Viking Invasion

Votes: 1,123 46.7%
  • - Charlemagne Empire

Votes: 332 13.8%
  • - Regium Visigothorum

Votes: 109 4.5%
  • - Italy divided

Votes: 282 11.7%
  • - The CID

Votes: 98 4.1%
  • - Crusades: Jerusalem, Civita Dei

Votes: 462 19.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh the cid thing just goes to show 1( not many posters know about him 2( not many posters/voters care about him 3( alot of the posters/voters like vikings.

yes vikings rule

Also an italian map could be cool but I don't think that the timeframe is appropriate because there are only a couple of factions:
before 565 Goths vs Eastern Empire + Longobards as mercs
after 568 Longobards vs Eastern Empire + Goths/Franks/Bavars as federate/mercs

A better one timeframe could be set between IX and X century: italian noblemen fighting for the crown, churc and eastern empire dominions, longobard dukes, arabs in sicily + viking/ungarian/saracen raiders

Astolphus said:
yes vikings rule

Also an italian map could be cool but I don't think that the timeframe is appropriate because there are only a couple of factions:
before 565 Goths vs Eastern Empire + Longobards as mercs
after 568 Longobards vs Eastern Empire + Goths/Franks/Bavars as federate/mercs

A better one timeframe could be set between IX and X century: italian noblemen fighting for the crown, churc and eastern empire dominions, longobard dukes, arabs in sicily + viking/ungarian/saracen raiders

heh no matter what theres vikings XD

now i hope brytenwalda gets finished cuz i want to invade as a viking and follow oden instead of woden. though there exactly the same lol.

Idibil said:
Mm, only 83 votes for The Cid or Regium Visigothorum. This mean that Spain should work more in that rest of world know best its rich history  :sad:

I agree with you Idibil. I think Spain is constantly rejected and forgotten along with its glorious history. At a time, Espana was one of the rulers of the world and it is a shame that games and many movies forget to portray her as such. Also, most who visit Espana (especially Andalusia) can feel the history beneath their feet. I for one have spent time in Seville and can confirm this. I believe that Spain is the first European power to colonize the "New World" and proved to be a major player in world politics for the longest. They were the ones who "beat back" the "Muslim" moors from western Europe, and their Armada was world renounced. El Cid was as glorious and chivalrous as King Arthur but the publicity he gets outside of spain (and with the exception of a 1960's movie and an Age of Empire II campaign) borders on nothing. On the other hand however, perhaps Spain is getting the karma it deserves for the countless native Americans they slaughtered, the endless numbers of Jews and Muslims they tried and tortured under the inquisition, the expulsion of whole peoples from the land they inhabited for years, their pride and arrogance in that time, their cruelty and shrewdness. I know this is not especially unusual of humanity, but that means nothing they will not be exempt and escape from the debt they will have to pay to the universe.

I agree that a mod focusing on Spain would be way awesome. But I voted Viking for the simple reason that it is less of a transition from present Brytenwalda and I figured it would be easier. I don't know of there are any Warband mods that focus on Iberia at any period in its history, though obviously some of the medieval grand European mods do include the Iberian kingdoms.

A large percent of your players are from America and claim British/Irish/Scottish ancestry.
Vikings would at least allow us to piggyback on that.
Roman Invasion still draws interest because of the British link
We  might lose alot of interested players with a Spain mod.
I would personally find Spain interesting because it mirrors the religious rivalry you see in Native.
Does Warband pull in a lot of Spanish subscribers?
From reports, I read that Latin America prefers hacked recent games over actually playing an actual old game with great mods that's advertised primarily through Steam.
Are they playing this game?
I see a lot of interest from Russia, Poland, China and Germany on these boards, but not from spain on these boards.

On the other hand, the recent Fire and Sword Mod and the Napoleonic War game have catered to northern european audiences. France, Germany, Poland, Russia.
These audiences will be drawn into a charlemagne or Holy Roman Empire Mod.

Steam stats will tell you the origin of gamers for many games.The South American gamer audience is huge on Steam if you look at the players of Civ 5. What can we do to get them to play Warband?
You will also see many Americans more attracted to a Spain game than Napoleon. Most of us these days are required to learn spanish in high school and college yet don't learn its history.

I would like to see a Visigothic campaign with elements of old rome, moors, viking raiders and maybe an old version of el cid.

Maybe it will shore up Spanish confidence before they exit from the European Union?

As a Spanish, I have voted for the "Visigodos" as we call 'em here. The Cid and the Vikings were not a bad idea, but I have been studying them for quite a long time now (They have a really rich history) and playing in my Peninsula would be amazing.

I know I could have voted for the Cid too, but I don't like the Christian vs Musulman era as much. I guess it could be because I'm from the very north of Spain (Basque country) and the muslims hardly made it here :razz:

On a side note, regarding the posts above me, South Americans don't really study this kind of really old history of Spain as far as I know. So I doubt that a lot of South Americans would be interested in these choices.

italy divided... ask me why, i'm italian dudes... a mod like this set in medieval o renaissance (**** yeah!) italy woul be simply perfect...

i vote for Regium Visigothorum. I don't have special interest in spain (i'm french so...), but i don't really know the history of this region at this time rate. And i think thats could be very interesting.

Italy divided at this time rate is also interesting.

Viking, or charlemagne, or cid don't interest me because i already learn many things about this, and there is already mod who give the possibility to play something similar. (Crusader mod for the CID, and Vikingr for Viking)

Any mod about far east europe (balkans, Lithuanian, Rus) during the antiquity or dark age can be pretty good to.

(And if someone found a issue for chariot, a mod in gallic or breton land with chariot of war can be great!)

For me, the Regium Visigothorum because since 418 until the 711 it united the all peninsula,the city of Septum(Ceuta) on the North Africa and a great part of France, and of course i'm Portuguese and its sad to see the Iberian peninsula constantly be forgotten, yes the Viking's its nice, but why insist in the old(there are a lot of games already in that ages), when you can see something new.

I voted for the Vikings - but how about an all european map around this time like in Rome TW Barbarian invasion - with scripted invasions :wink:

Say..how about a new poll...one about those who don't want a viking mod....that might be interesting..i have gone through this thread and have come across SOME opposition towards a viking mod....just saying it would be interesting to see whether the viking expansion has as much opposition as it has support.

MoeZedTir said:
Say..how about a new poll...one about those who don't want a viking mod....that might be interesting..i have gone through this thread and have come across SOME opposition towards a viking mod....just saying it would be interesting to see whether the viking expansion has as much opposition as it has support.

That would be utterly pointless considering how many people have opted for the Viking option and not the others, it near enough has an outright majority! You'd have 53.6% of people against it, but they'd still desire many different themes, so you'd have acheived nothing . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom