POLL: Want you a future Brytenwalda expansion? You Choose (Read before voting)

Brytenwalda Expansion: You choose

• - Brytenwalda: Viking Invasion

Votes: 1,123 46.7%
  • - Charlemagne Empire

Votes: 332 13.8%
  • - Regium Visigothorum

Votes: 109 4.5%
  • - Italy divided

Votes: 282 11.7%
  • - The CID

Votes: 98 4.1%
  • - Crusades: Jerusalem, Civita Dei

Votes: 462 19.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brytenwalda is near to end. We soon release 1.33 version with bugfix, a lot of new scenes and objects, and other things. And we think that the mod is stable.

What are you voting here? if Brytenwalda Dev. decides to make an expansion next year, what like you?

This does not mean we'll do it, although it may serve to encourage us. Make a mod requires a lot of work, work paid only with the illusion of people like you. If there is no hope, obviously, we will save work.

-We take seriously the implementation of an expansion if this poll has a minimum of 1000 votes. Say it to your friends  :grin:

-If one or more options has more than 500 votes for itself, it is possible that we should consider expanding the team and make more of an expansion.

-Brytenwalda Team can vote this poll.

-We try to make your learn history while playing (like on Brytenwalda mod)

-You can make suggestions about other places and times

---------------------------------

What am I voting?:

- Brytenwalda: Viking Invasion

Danish and Norwegian invasion of the British Isles / IX century / Vikings arrive and come to stay.
We know that many of you have been asking for.

http://www.heritage-history.com/www/heritage.php?Dir=wars&FileName=wars_danebritain.php

- Charlemagne Empire

End VIII century and initial IX century / Charlemagne was considered the depositary of the continuation of the Roman Empire. Franks brought together and start a campaign of conquest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne

- Regium Visigothorum

Spain, VI-VII century, before islamic invasion. The Visigoths, trying to create a kingdom surrounded by fierce enemies as the Swabians, the Cantabrian, the Basques, the Byzantines ...
A world at war, a land of fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visigoths

- Italy divided

Sixth and Seventh Centuries / Roma don't exist yet, Italy is a land of war where the Lombards, Goths, and Byzantine forces were beaten to death.

http://www.lifeinitaly.com/history/italy-450-ad-to-1200-ad

-The CID

Initially I (Idibil) would not add to Cid, Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar, but I realize that, like King Arthur, he is a universal figure, which generates interest worldwide. So here it is.

Journey to the eleventh century, in the process of Reconquest of Spain, where a man challenged his time and became legend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Cid

-Crusades - Jerusalem, Civita Dei

Times of First Crusade, end of XI century and early twelfth century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Crusade

When you had vote, we would like to know your opinion, if you want, and why you have chosen this time and place

I voted for Viking invasion. But what i appreciate most is Baltic campaign. You get there vikings, other cultures (Baltic, Finnish, Slavic, Frisian etc), new map and environment, more of naval battles, new tasks (raid slavic coast, slaves trade, amber trade, tribal fighting in scandinavia etc), special Jomsviking faction with their Jomsborg and much more. Its undiscovered world, full of strugle for survive. 

Here is map of area:
Baltic_Sea_map.png

May be Norway could be croped.

Thanks for replies if any..

How about.....drumroll please!

Beowulf. I.e. Migration era Scandinavia, full of warring tribes, duelling champions, and maybe, just maybe, giant's swords, man-eating monsters and what have you.

It would be vikingy, you could include a lot of historical stuff but the fact that it is basically a mythic setting would allow you to go ever so slightly over the top with wolf-coated berserkers and other oddities, as well as being a great setting with loads of really fantastic looking wargear (most of the Vendel stuff would fit for instance...)

Just to be clear, this is sort of a reply to Otto III as it uses pretty much the same map.

Oooh, you could hire Finnish sorcerers to sell you a good wind for your ship...

Charlemagne, a little fun on the continent, an expedition against the Moors, lots of fun!  Or possibly even a Charles Martel era campaign, stopping the Moors at the Pyrennes, a campaign with a sort of Sword of Damocles moment of an impending invading Muslim army!

My vote goes to:
Brytenwalda: Viking Invasion
Because I am a great Bernard Cornwell fan and I like the Norse mythology and mentality.
Lets go Viking  :twisted:

I like the idea of keeping the same time frame but adding in some mythological stuff like monsters, if it's possible, and a real quest line to make it feel more like an RPG than just a sandbox.
Like..you're the descendant of Arthur, and the old gods are attempting to restore belief in Britannia, and it's up to you to unite the isles under pagan tradition or Christian rule. You can make priests have an actual effect on gameplay other than serving as meatshields in battle. Have an invasion like in certain other mods, Christian armies from the mainland and "fey folk" out of the north.
Saves you a lot of time in making a new map/factions/lords/armors/scenes, and adds on to the already awesome experience of Brytenwalda.

@Otto and Spongly

Baltic campaing or Scandinavia history are interesting too, good suggestion, but I think that there are a mod about this yet, with a nice map and units.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,116.0.html

We need a lot of documentation for begin to work in this mod. It would be interesting somebody know Scandinavia history do it.

@Ragnarok

Norman invasion of England? Life_Erikson is create a mod about this time for Warband.  :grin:

@Dent

Sorry, but we are work in historical mods actually. Concept creative for a mod of Fantasy is different and we will have change orientation totally.

no, not the norman invasion, 2 years after the battle of hastings, the vikings the scots and the last of the saxons attempted to take back england.

while i'm all for the viking invasion, i've got a few suggestions
1.movement of germanic tribes into the Western Roman Empire (Franks, Saxons, Visigoths, etc.)
2.Spanish conquest of the mesoamerican tribes (Aztecs, Mayans, etc.)
3.Scottish War of Independance in the 1200s (William Wallace, Robert the Bruce)

I'll put my vote towards viking invasion though

Idibil said:
I think that there are a mod about this yet, with a nice map and units.

You have right, ROY is a good one but not going so deep like your Brythenwalda and is not for warband (you can inspire with this piece). I just think about changing background (still keeps the dark age feeling).

But viking invasion of British Isle is interesting too, it will be continuing to Brythenwalda and so on..
You can find inspiration in Last Kingdom mod for MTW2:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=867

Baltic campaign maybe later..  :wink: 

Would love to see a mod based on Charlemagne, but my vote goes to Viking invasion. Make it a true expansion of Brytenwalda and make use of the already existing resources. More fun, less work, a win for everyone.

I voted for Italy, cause it would be awesome to become Belisarius and reestablish the Roman empire of old, plus invading barbarian hordes. . .

Both Charlemagne and the Vikings sounds intriguing in this context.
But as far as I know Charlemagne never ventured onto the British Isles. He was busy fighting Saxons on the mainland.
Without making a new map the Viking raids would be an interesting invasion feature (perhaps like in Sword of Damocles a.o.).

The other options are also good, but would almost require a new mod/remaking the mod, or...

I am voting for Viking Invasion.
Like Zyghor I am a fan of Bernard Cornwell.
Even though Viking Invasion will be playing before the adventures of Uthred of Bebbanburg.

Viking invasion for me, and also it would be easier to make because you already have a map of the British isles and towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom