[Poll] Give me back my mercenaries

Do you like peasants turning into recruits?

• YES, you simply cannot have enough recruits!

• NO, give me back my watchmen!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I LOVE mercenary units/armies. Period.
As of 1.3.0b peasant turn into corresponding recruits. I see no reason why the devs did this, especially since peasants were the main source of low tier mercenaries.
You can - sometimes - find mercenary units in taverns, but they are very expensive to recruit and say you need crossbowmen but you always find bladesmen or cavalry... though luck pal. :xf-frown:
I want the watchmen back.

I LOVE mercenary units/armies. Period.
As of 1.3.0b peasant turn into corresponding recruits. I see no reason why the devs did this, especially since peasants were the main source of low tier mercenaries.
You can - sometimes - find mercenary units in taverns, but they are very expensive to recruit and say you need crossbowmen but you always find bladesmen or cavalry... though luck pal. :xf-frown:
I want the watchmen back.

I find it useful early game, when you relationship with notables is low and rescuing a few peasants makes forming your first army easier (not to mention cheaper).

I think @Phalnax811 has the right idea though, we could just have them upgrade to either.

I heard it was due to the crossbowmen using blunt bolts which made them the perfect prisoner capturing force... all they needed to do was make the bolts normal again instead of blunt.

I went for all crossbow army for kicks before the last patch and that change and I was disappointed with the change... maybe looters should upgrade without the leadership perk...

I didn't like it before when they all upgraded into watchmen. Since peasants seem to be 90% of the prisoners, I personally prefer being able to upgrade them into the faction tree.

That said, they could easily have 2 upgrade paths so that you have the choice of mercenary tree or regular faction tree. Seems like a no-brainer.

Back
Top Bottom