Poll: death from age and death in battle

Which way would you most prefer to play?

• Aging on, but death-in-battle off

• Aging on, and death-in-battle on

• Aging off, and death-in-battle off

• Aging off, but death-in-battle on

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

While discussing the recent changes linking the aging option with death in battle, I've been assuming that most players prefer playing with a certain combination of the two features. It occurs to me that a poll thread would be better than assuming.

My hypothesis is that, whichever combination of the two that the majority prefer, the poll results will show that the community as a whole would be made happiest by de-linking the options, allowing us to choose either, neither, or both of them, rather than the current situation of being forced to choose between both or none.

Last edited:
its agood poll, but lacks the content of the issue.

For example, i play with both, but I dont feel like the implementation is great. There is still tweaking to be done, especially since kids take so long to grow up. Also the education system and character leveling is stiill a bit Pu Pu, so again, having it on is more for the thrill than the experience

Why would you not have death on?

How else do you dispose of your wives/husbands when they talk back at you?

I do think they need to be separate options, not sure why they linked them together in the first place...

Why would you not have death on?

I'll be happy to play with death-in-battle on when I have the option to give my troops commands such as: "Avoid melee with the enemy, and leave the battlefield if you're seriously wounded," and "Don't kill the enemy commander." As-is, I have the most frustrating experience with companions dying because they're freaking idiots whom I have to babysit in order to keep them from getting killed, and enemy lords whom I don't wish to kill (as I want them to later join my faction) are slaughtered by my men because I can't tell my men to target other enemies and leave the lord for me. And I'd also expect the enemy lord to surrender when he's the last of his force left alive, rather than obliging me to dismount and punch him in the face over and over to keep from killing him.

Last edited:
I'll be happy to play with death-in-battle on when I have the option to give my troops commands such as: "Avoid melee with the enemy, and leave the battlefield if you're seriously wounded," and "Don't kill the enemy commander." As-is, I have the most frustrating experience with companions dying because they're freaking idiots whom I have to babysit in order to keep them from getting killed, and enemy lords whom I don't wish to kill (as I want them to later join my faction) are slaughtered by my men because I can't tell my men to target other enemies and leave the lord for me. And I'd also expect the enemy lord to surrender when he's the last of his force left alive, rather than obliging me to dismount and punch him in the face over and over to keep from killing him.
Good points +1

Back
Top Bottom