Phosphor v21 r5 bug reports and discussion here

Users who are viewing this thread

mvz111 said:
When starting a new character I discovered that the "Start Over" selection is not working as intended.  Here is scenario:

I initially chose to be a vassal and went to the next screen with the six factions.  I then decided I didn't want to be a vassal and hit "start over", which returned me to the original history decision screen.  I went through the remaining character creation screens with a father as a traveling merchant and was surprised to find that I was a vassal of the Torlian Kingdom when I went to the map.  Tried a couple more times (as Prince and vassal, didn't try king) and always ended up as a fief owner (vassal gets a village, Prince getting a castle and at least one other property) in Torlian Kingdom.

I added some code to zero out the global variable storing the king/prince/vassal selections when going backwards in the menus.
It should prevent the double reward aspect now. 

I'll look at the Drow renown shortly.  It's difficult to focus today, last several days I had kidney stone or similar blocking me.
  I guess I'm not meant to finish the surpise I wanted to put in for Thanksgiving, but we'll see.  Even a few hours clarity might do it.

- GS

Bug so far Patch on patch h

seen heaven on grund taver  something and missing tavern keepers in some cities
companions duplicate in taverns

good job keep up the good work  :grin:

rsof69 said:
Bug so far Patch on patch h

seen heaven on grund taver  something and missing tavern keepers in some cities
companions duplicate in taverns

good job keep up the good work  :grin:

I fixed tavern keeper at city 26 (Karnoth / Dwarves) and 29 (Silk Throat / Drow) just now for Patch I.

Duplicate companions I haven't found the answer for yet.
  I'll re-make Grund tavern shortly.

Another bug found still patch h

giants cant wear normal armor ? bug or not ? they lose arms and neck when you make them wear normal armor

rsof69 said:
Another bug found still patch h

giants cant wear normal armor ? bug or not ? they lose arms and neck when you make them wear normal armor

this is correct.  They can't wear normal armor.
  Sometime in my infinite spare time I should find where the presentation is that opens when playing with inventory and warn players not to change armors
when the player or companion is giant_male and the item worn is outside the range for giant armors.

rsof69 said:
and theres some flickering on some armors npc companions and player is it me or the game ?

most likely that's you.  The armors are mostly from Perisno, except for around 100 or less pulled for Drow.  What race were you and which items were you wearing?  If it was a companion, which companion and was that the gear they came with or something you put on them?
Also which video card are you using?  Maybe the video settings for warband could use some tweaking; I'd know more if I knew which GPU you use
as that tells me more about the video RAM access path and total number of rendering units on chip.  In general there are some larger polygon counts on a very few specific items, not generally used in troops or companions, but you might have decided something was pretty and pulled it from a merchant/cheat menu items.

I don't have any flicker or flutter but I tuned my system carefully long, long, long time ago...
  So my system isn't fair to compare to anyone else's setup.  I can at least though lend screen shots of how I set things and suggest how to down tweak if
you have a much weaker setup.  I didn't spend much on the video card (about $170 USD) but I did carefully setup my system, both hardware and software, and so your flicker and my experience can be completely different out of the box.  I think the worst possible results reported for Perisno are from ATI Radeon users and the next lowest would be video RAM with 64-bit data path within the GPU.  Otherwise the video requirements are fairly modest with the right settings.

- GS

how do I check what kind of video card i use

:EDIT:
so I found it I have 2 gtx 980m in sli

but I think its because I used some items in the cheat menu for my companions  :grin:

rsof69 said:
how do I check what kind of video card i use

:EDIT:
so I found it I have 2 gtx 980m in sli

but I think its because I used some items in the cheat menu for my companions  :grin:

things that have too many polygons:

rhinos
  perisno plate armor
  revspartan armor
  some named swords
    if there were several particle effect emitting items, like say 5 flamebringers, these might flicker as they compete to put out particle effects
    although _I_ don't really get flicker when several spells go off in Phosphor v21 test H, which also produce much particle effects
  dragons

Nvidia 980 should not have bandwidth problems but it is possible to set up SLI incorrectly and get flicker.
  You could take items off your companions one at a time.

I use a single Nvidia 750TI, so no SLI used or needed for me, without any issues.

It ALSO possible you dont have any "flicker" from that, but that you enabled dormant features like sprint bar, which cause battle mini-map to flicker.
  ONLY the battle mini map flickers, and ONLY when stamina bar / troop ratio bar is enabled.  This is why they default to turned off.
  Battle mini map isn't flickering; its drawn to one scale then redrawn to another scale a fraction of a second later.  That would happen with Phosphor v20 or v21 TEST A, suggesting you're mentioning an issue that was fixed several months ago.  Make sure it says  "Phosphor v21.50 TEST H" else you are testing something long since replaced.

- GS

After a protracted war with the drow, with wizards on both sides, I hate to say it, but magic in its current form is easily the worst part of the mod. A few summoners wreck kingdoms, mainly because they summon more summoners, and the spider queen must've shat out wizards. Those guys just lay waste, to everybody around them. They arent even useful.The insta gib from curtain of fire is what I suspect is the main culprit.

That being said, several of the items are a delightful additions. Namly the wall of water, and magic middle (even though it seems like mostly cosmetic). Fireball is also very well done. The summoning spells need to be greatly reduced, and never include more summoners for I think an obvious reason. I suggest 1 hell knight (these guys need different equipment) and some foot soldiers, perhaps sword and board types.

I hired companion nurses, tavern in that town ctds me now.

Follow up on taverns. Recruiting any guuld troops seems to currpt the tavern. The companion troops have a random but very large number of recruits available after recruiting companion troop. Tavern crashes thereafter.

daumor said:
Follow up on taverns. Recruiting any guuld troops seems to currpt the tavern. The companion troops have a random but very large number of recruits available after recruiting companion troop. Tavern crashes thereafter.

That's a VERY valuable find!  I could remove the guild recruits for now and get on with the rest of the mod.
  Also Morrowind Man found that TGS (The Gathering Storm) released assets and source, something I wanted for some time.  I have it now.

I got out of the hospital an hour ago or so and they found by x-ray something they couldn't see by ultrasound, so now they actually believe that I wasn't there to get pain meds out of them.  I actually didn't want meds, like that, but something to let me work again.  The Niacin I was using to have a spike of energy was destroying my kidneys, so I'll have to work slow and less energetically if I want to spend less time with issues.  Theres a stone the size and shape of a bullet in my urethra, and if I can't get it to dissolve they'll use a laser after New Years.  Until then I'm ordered to drink beer like a college student and see if I can pee a 7 mm stone.

It's darned good of you to find that correlation; that and only that had me stumped!

- GS

I found the correlation after nabbing the cretas castle and needing some bodies to garrisiin quick when queen whatever rolled up with her 700 closest friends. 200 hunters later, she couldn't be bothered.

You have to piss an ak slug. ****that****!

If you want a hand in stripping perisno out of the mod, I could get started this weekend, or I'm content to test more.

Another oddity. Spawning on random map on the opposite end of the map from my cav and infantry, with only companions. Demon worshipers wiped my archers before cav could arrive. Likely due to ambush?

Guild masters HATE him! Mercenary finds One weird trick to charge a toll to all the world's caravans!  :shifty:
https://mega.nz/#!4FJGWajA!bkwrrW2ueuX8yQmNFkq5YMKHh4iuFljgOyl56JG_18M

The companion duplication when entering taverns is caused by having the option checked to "allow bodyguards" in one of the camp menus...game options i think? (the checkbox is under PBOD mod options) Unchecking that option fixes it...you still get your normal two bodyguards even with it unchecked. (By default it is checked) So id assume its a matter of duplicate code.  Was there ever a fix for the not being able to leave town bug? Im testing the latest build that was posted on the 22nd, and can't leave the city i was training my guild skills in.  (Edit: Had to refine my search to find an old post how to fix...save and exit reload. Also saw gsanders explain why it happens in a post)

Other things i noticed playing a few hours today:
Ship caravans just stack up outside of ports and never move. As do land parties at times it seems.
Are battlefields temporary nodes? I've noticed them stacking on top one another as well.
The overall performance of the mod, on the overworld map, is quite stuttery. Hitting CTRL-T to reveal the map causes huge freezes. A matte rof optimization of the number of temporary nodes, stuck parties, etc?

Also, a few questions:

Is the custom settlement/castle aspect going to be re enabled? I like the persino setting, but the main reason i started playing again after a few years was for the custom building aspect...lets me play my own way, and not rush to join a  faction or start a kingdom.

I thought i had read somewhere, but perhaps it was on the persino board, that the amazons were one of the minor factions that would get a castle and city. Just a RP thing, i watched way to many movies like Red sonja or shows like hercules and Xena  :iamamoron:

In general, i love where Gsanders is taking this mod, and it has re kindled my interest in mount and blade.  :party:

stutter is probably your PC is fairly weak.  I don't get it but my PC is fairly strong.  There are a lot more parties on the map than before, so this is the stutter.
Otherwise there already is optimization to prevent as many triggers going off at once (in native 6 hour, 12 hour, 24 hour, weekly, monthly triggers could all occur at the same time when they line up, causing more stutter than needed).  These all have different offsets, so 12 hour events are 13 hour events, 24 hour events are 23 hours, weekly events are week+1 hour, all to reduce stutter.  It's been that way all summer long.

bodyguards are annoying, thanks for the observation
  OK I found the issue, thanks to your observation:  PBOD adds bodyguards on its own, regardless of all my tricks to prevent too many bodyguards.
  I can now ask it to not do this in  xgm_mod_options  for a short term fix and long term go find the extra code in PBOD and comment that away.
  Tested with Perisno_v77_r02 to validate, works.

ship caravans sit at port while trading, for several days.  When first spawned they are spawned directly to the destination, so they will seldom be seen moving.
All sea traders are respawned (that is removed and then available to put in place again) every 8 days, so even if they were stuck they get cleaned up weekly.
  This also means if a coastal city is captured the sea traders it has spawned are reduced in number for the old faction within 9 days.

Custom settlements wont be looked at until February.  I am extremely short on time right now.

The nearest thing to an Amazon faction is the matriarchy of the Drow at Silk Throat, although they still keep males as cannon fodder and to tie up for kicks
  (new companion Saamsa warns about Drow female behavior and alludes in a family friendly way to their pet spiders and vicious treatment of men).

Elven (Redwood Nation), Drow, and Cretas matriarchies offer women players fiefs/vassalage exactly like other factions offer males.  This is your roleplay compromise.

- GS

Back
Top Bottom