Phosphor v21 r5 bug reports and discussion here

Users who are viewing this thread

Sleeeves said:
gsanders said:
I removed sort player party because if it is left on there is an issue with troops not advancing to the next tier each time a new troop is added;
this happens at garrisons and enemy troop stacks also but they tend to not add new troop types as quickly.  So by turning it OFF for players and removing the toggle, I save the players from having their troops not advance as their army grows (taking on new types of troops).

**clip**
Understand, makes sense.  Would it be possible to configure Player Party Sort as a one-time thing rather than a toggle?  So sort would happen whenever the trigger event occurred, and then revert to not sorting immediately thereafter?  Auto-sorting a party is quite convenient at times, especially when I've just ingested a large group of former prisoners into my party.  That said, it isn't a deal breaker or anything.

That's not a bad idea, but I won't get it in on Test D.  Still hammering down loose ends, trying to keep from slipping another day.  It may have to be tomorrow anyway if I can't hammer down enough tonight.

Compress textures Phosphor v21 r5 Test С https://yadi.sk/d/t1wmD0bKkLpCM
Ukrainization Phosphor v21 r5 Test С https://yadi.sk/d/9nSV-r9Tem3sG

Phosphor 21 r 5 test D

I know most of these things may be on lower priority, while you work on the hard coding etc, but I thought I would list everything nonetheless.

1. Started as Male Elvarie. When selecting "Father was Elvarie Noble" I only get option to "Go Back" . So can not choose this path.
2. In character creation screen, there are a lot of redundant commas. "Health 50/50,,,,,,,, " "STR,: " etc
3. After creating my custom character, I get thrown back to the " Select your pre-made character's race. "
4. I hired Antiope as companion, and next time I went in to tavern I had 2 Antiope's accompanying me in tavern.

I'm on my first hour, but got to take a break now. Will continue and get in to the Kingdom management when I get back. So far just been gathering army and training troops. There is however a error messages that spamming. Is there a log file that I can check what the error message is? Can't see it myself. Fills up the status message too quick and then it goes blank.

Some new things :

1. Found what was spamming. " The distance between *enter city name here* messenger and Marinxar ( my Character ) = Y " ... etc. 
    stopped auto-spawning messengers as kingdom parties by timer, this reduces these messages.  You would see the distance if cheat menu is on, as that gives debug info as well

2. Queen Arwen prefers to run around naked.  fixed

Marinxar said:
Phosphor 21 r 5 test D

I know most of these things may be on lower priority, while you work on the hard coding etc, but I thought I would list everything nonetheless.

1. Started as Male Elvarie. When selecting "Father was Elvarie Noble" I only get option to "Go Back" . So can not choose this path.
2. In character creation screen, there are a lot of redundant commas. "Health 50/50,,,,,,,, " "STR,: " etc
3. After creating my custom character, I get thrown back to the " Select your pre-made character's race. "
4. I hired Antiope as companion, and next time I went in to tavern I had 2 Antiope's accompanying me in tavern.

I'm on my first hour, but got to take a break now. Will continue and get in to the Kingdom management when I get back. So far just been gathering army and training troops. There is however a error messages that spamming. Is there a log file that I can check what the error message is? Can't see it myself. Fills up the status message too quick and then it goes blank.

4.    2 of a companion stops when you have 2+ companions.  It's annoying to me also.
    edit: actually 2 companions gave me 4 body guards.  I'll have to dig deeper...

3.  I'll fix this this upcoming (Patch Test E) revision.  I finally have enough critical things off my list to do cosmetic things.
    This IS pretty annoying, agreed.  It is a loop magnified by Kaos political kit injecting some code as well, making it harder to make a
straight edit.

2.  These just started and I have no idea where they come from.  I started going through my strings file and noticed a number of native strings suddenly
returned with {he/she} constructs so am cleaning those at this moment but also looking for some substitution of blank for , or some sort of high bit charachters
injected into strings.  So far have not found it.

1.  I'll look into this.

- GS

Some brief testing on my own:

1) All the cities (or at least by city 24) have city center scene off by 1:
    town 24  (Grozny) has the wondrous towers of Fountain Hall (25)
    Fountain Hall city center has from Karnoth (town 26)
      Silk Throat (29) has the special scene originally for Qalateqa (was city 28, now renamed/copied to city 30).

2) many taverns are incomplete for the last cities (28 and higher.)
        missing tavern keepers
        incorrect tavern scenes

3) cities > 27 tend to need terrain made level, as the natural terrain at that spot over-rides the copied scene file, which sits over the original land. 
  These scenes need to be re-made for cities {28, 29, 30, 31, 32}  and village grassville, probably the Aruolo and 2 bluewood villages also.
    Deepwood Creek, Bolinc, and Grassville villages.

4) start game "Join a caravan to Qalateqa in the Aruolo lands" takes you to town 28, but that should be renumbered to p_town_30 instead.

5) Messenger spawns force a false dialog "Sire, I have found {playername}, {her:his} answer was negative!" 
      It says "Sire" even when playing a female character as well.

6) I should mark spiders for sale in Drow city. DONE
        Pity they don't have a poison attack, yet.

7) Pearls, amber, and sea shells should only be sold at coastal cities only, for a discount.
    DONE
          I should document coastal cities in the player handbook.

8 ) Tamaris is bald, yes.  Simple face code but havent taken time.  I should check all the face codes of lords/ladies looking for bad codes

Note to self:
  Cheer up, GS -- you still have 10 6  days to deliver a working product.  The next wave of players won't be so "forgiving".  heh

Also, just a reminder, almost no lord has shield skills :smile:
    GS:  found the cause and fixed this today.

Yard1 said:
Also, just a reminder, almost no lord has shield skills :smile:

while I'm in module_troops.py I should also re-do gear a little for kings and lords.

So far Drow lords use magic items, as does Cretas queen, who I add to lore has been dealing with the Drow matriarchy for anything she can get to give her power over/safety from her neighbors at Drahara, who ALSO make trade arrangements with drow.  I was still trying to decide what lords should have.  Perhaps the "sparkler" weapon.  Some of the others are over-powered and other "under-powered".  I was hoping to do magic resistance this coming week but it needs to come AFTER cleaning the base layer, which isn't finished yet.  The base layer makes it a "Perisno" upgrade; going beyond that is something I needed for my religions but players won't notice if it never got put in, as they still see the game as a "Perisno" mod, which is for the moment all it is.  "Soon" (TM)

I've determined to never mix flashbang and drow magic missiles; one OR the other, not both.  Either adds a "grenade launcher" effect, and the grenade so launched is fairly weak.  But somehow when they stack the player takes exactly 500 points damage, and I'm not sure why. 

I also need to add a cheat menu to towns to cure epidemic status as the town, so I can interact with the town.
  All of that is fine if players can influence things with their attached priests or personal medical skills, but it is in the way for my tests  heh.

===
    Oh!  There IS sea travel dormant in Phosphor.  Just turn on cheat menu, then visit a town (it may not even need to be flagged as coastal) and choose town cheats, embark on the ship it gives you, and sail around without having a restriction to only use the pre-defined "shallow water" lanes that normally allow travel across water.  Only the player has this mechanic; if it was NPCs I could place objects across the water as Robin originally planned for .8  I'm not sure this mechanic exists in Perisno; it seems leftover from Rigale.  Certainly the entire concept of moving all the various town cheats into a seperate menu to not overrun the 15 options a menu can display is something done for Phosphor but missing from Perisno.  Usually all of those menus get removed for Perisno.
I may make that something a player can do more often, without a cheat, but at coastal towns only (now that they are defined shortly after game start).
===

Thursday 12 Nov 15:
  Found the cause of offset -1 with town centers. 
  Found the missing 3 villages.
  adjusting taverns.

tavern p_town_29|Silk Throat
6469744.jpg

I'll have Test Patch E with scene fixes for city center  [towns 11 - 32], taverns [town 28,30-32]  and villages 145-147  most likely tonight.

I'm looking to see what else can be patched at the same time in the next few hours; Robin also made a Perisno .8 update last night, so I'll check his Aruolo city.  At least he is working on Perisno 0.8 still, so change continues at fastest pace.

Friday the 13th update:

Not only are town centers 28-32 messed up for terrain map (really height map) at EVERY vertex now that I moved cities around, but I get to also move the height of every AI mesh vertex as well.  Once I do the city center I get to move terrain height and floating objects for the town "walls" scene (used for seiges) as well.  I suppose the good news is I can now fix flying buckets and chairs like a pro; those reports in Perisno .7 I routinely ducked but now I am fixing maybe 200-500 flying objects and uncovering buried stones.  I'm moving dirt, smoothing sand, and filling in water holes all over the place. 
Reminds me of my house as a very small child  :wink:

Did completely town 28 city center, and AI mesh.
  Now on town walls, which is a big list of flying things and sand.

I won't do any much coding today but will try to rescue some towns.  Villages are auto-fixed and working, no hand edits needed.  Only towns need attention.
I remember someone asked me about larger maps for battles.  I don't so far know how to expand the scale of seige maps, although for town 28 that would be desireable as sand dunes outside the area I can raise and lower half cover some town objects... but wide open territory (battles fought outside villages and towns) might be able to be expanded later.  I had not really expected to be doing "art stuff" but the towns are pretty crippled without it.  Still have not had time to chase the missing tavern keeps for towns 28-32.

- GS

----
  I see I need to update village leaders in Sut villages;
    taverns have two mercenaries spawn but price is set at the more expensive one so that needs adjusting  fixed for Test G

Going into a "Battlegrounds" shows a few options, but neither bury or scavenge options do anything, I can only leave. Also, battleground can appear inside the boundaries of a town/village/castle and thus end up unclickable.

Using hunting spots results in an empty loot screen that can't be closed. (I believe this is already reported).

Magic-using enemies results in error messages appearing. (Magic is bugged you mentioned, but I threw this in here for completeness).

Magic effects/projectiles are invisible (At least for me).

I'm getting "Divide by 0" errors on the after battle loot screen. Everything else seems fine though.

There doesn't appear to be the option for Grandmaster training in guilds. (I don't remember if there was an option for it though so eh.)

I'll keep looking, this is a big project so there'll doubtlessly be a ton of bugs. A lot for a group of coders, much less a single one. Just gotta grind them down one by one.

@ Blaze

I'll look at hunting grounds today, as that is a more serious issue.
      EDIT:  permanent hunting spots were disabled, so you must have found a "temporary hunting spot"
                items are added directly to your inventory without a loot screen.  I did adjust "deer meat" to "venison"
                You might be running a much older version of Phosphor.  When you start Pho, before selecting your character, what version exactly does it put on the screen?  It should say  Phosphor v21 TEST __
    anything else is a pretty old version...
    Test F was the last released to public. 
    You could find the full download at
        https://mega.nz/#!W5FmRaia!vLxfzfhH2OU-Y5tuPEPJMjLhgxU5ueMU1ptVVzDsv0c

I can try to make magic projectiles more visible.  Acid bolts for example work well right now; I loved seeing green tracer effect from my "trained Drow crossbow" hirelings, available at some villages.  The elven magic arrows are completely not yet implemented; drow magic missiles will get a facelift today if I have time.

Grandmaster training is done by actually crafting, training peters out around skill 16-18.  Mainly by then you go up levels by trying and failing, but you fail less often by then unless trying very high level recipes.

Battlegrounds are waiting for magic resistance to finish so I can start making spells that aren't using items, at which point unburied corpses eventually become undead packs.  For now there just were too many other loose ends taking my focus away.  It's been that way all summer heh.

things that need doing next week:
      Town 29 castle  Silk Throat: still needs editing the castle (throne room)
      village 142 "Banuk" has about 90-100 AI mesh vertices that still need dragging to match ground line

need to make a check for players who are male giants wearing anything except giant chest armor, else neck and hands show gaps
          so this means intercepting the player examining of equipment presentation, which is not as easy as I wish

need to charge double wages for giant troops
      need to charge extra for giant recruits
      need to multiply x3 the number of giants in party when calculating food consumption
            and for determining number of days remaining when reporting foraging results

need to update Jin troop tree to use Drow (Jann) skin and gearing, then change their items to be stronger, change mounts to be surprise**
        think about something special**

chase down red errors when summoning
        implement npc heals  from priests/monks

find some screen capture software to do your own let's play, as no one else has the latest versions or know what you want to show

Starting as Drow Princess for Hakkon:

Rise to lvl 5, Str 62, Ironflesh & Power Strike = 10

Is that intentional?
Drow Wounding Spell: projectile animation is off.

Hey there, great submod!
Currently playing on v21r5 test F
Bug found so far:
    -using magic weapon "curtain of fire" causes ctd, may be due to my low spec pc
    -most magical don't show their animation (just a throwing projectile)
    -there seem to be option for formations twice while looking in camp menu

Otherwise the mod is running pretty smoothly, great job GS!
Cheers!

zykox said:
Starting as Drow Princess for Hakkon:

Rise to lvl 5, Str 62, Ironflesh & Power Strike = 10

Is that intentional?
Drow Wounding Spell: projectile animation is off.

str 62 is wrong, the ironflesh and power strike look like something for giants.  You have Test G?
  I'll look at that.  Rise to level 5 is correct.

I found it.  Of course, it was something added at last minute (literally), intended to toughen giants, instead applied to player char a few hundred times.
Well, the good news is that mechanic looks like it can be used to up strength and non-skills stats past 30.  At 63 it stops going up.  Pity the iron flesh capped at 10.  that was all the changes all the giant troops of 2 factions and every giant lord or lady should have gotten, all given to the player by mistake.  Every player race and choice got those stats, which is worth getting a test H out in a few minutes...

I'll have a Test H in a few minutes...

Huibk said:
Hey there, great submod!
Currently playing on v21r5 test F
Bug found so far:
    -using magic weapon "curtain of fire" causes ctd, may be due to my low spec pc
    -most magical don't show their animation (just a throwing projectile)
    -there seem to be option for formations twice while looking in camp menu

Otherwise the mod is running pretty smoothly, great job GS!
Cheers!

Test G changes curtain of fire from a cloud that kills everything to something that does modest damage each impulse;
      and drow magic missiles show up as green streaks in G.

put this over F
    hot patch Test H:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEOTNhWENpUHVJOWs/view?usp=sharing
    PBOD has its own, separate formations settings, I can remove them from the other, thanks for the heads up.

I might remove the ones that crash too much next week, at the risk of breaking saves.  I plan to see if I can change how some items are used and if I have to break save games I will change some troops and move some items while I am at it, troops to make something new for Jinn and also to make 3 custom troops, which need to move their location if I do that.  But if I don't have to break save with the trick I am planning, I'll re-do so 2 items already in game have a new purpose, saving me from having to break a save.  I can fold all other game breaking changes into something like a "v22".  Or by then I start over, keep the code and dump the factions/troops and make something that isn't viewed as a minor submod of some other mod, for forum rights/moddb priveledges/ steam rights etc.  That would be hard but I think I'd lose between 6 weeks and 3 months; not fond of doing that during Christmas though.  It would be a good after Christmas goal. 

I do have something I want to try in two variants next week, but so far I'm thinking I can re-define two items already in game and just not have to add any save game breakers.  I think you'll find it *very* cool.

- GS

Ok great news GS ^^
I actually tend to play these version on short sessions and not get too much into it, just for bug testing, so save game compatibility isn't a great issue for me :wink:
Will give you some heads up about this H patch shortly!
Cheers!

gsanders said:
Well, the good news is that mechanic looks like it can be used to up strength and non-skills stats past 30.  At 63 it stops going up.  Pity the iron flesh capped at 10. 

I know some mods, that allow skills to be raised to 15 (don't know if it is only possible with some), and at least one mod that has a set STR over 100 for a npc troop.

There's one other mod that seems to agree with the stat cap of 63 for the player. There is one major problem with max stats and skills though...If you have items that improve stats or skills that is.
If you equip that item with base stat near/already maxed, the game will correctly limit that number. BUT, once you remove that item, it will remove the bonus from the stat, and even lower it below the original base stat.
Example: Powerstrike max is set at 15, player has PS 14 and equips item with PS+2 = cap at 15 (correctly).
                                                            BUT, removing item with PS+2, will leave player PS at 13.

Just something to consider...

Hey there again, doind some more bug reports:
    - the shockwave seems to be causing ctd, on a side note, curtain of fire seems to be working as intented with the H patch.
    - the wall of water got it's sound playing properly but no animation, causing ctd as well.
    - the levitation staff doesn't seem to be doing anything at all, as well as aroulo bombs
    -something I forgot to mention earlier, there are a lot of extra coma in the character tab

Ok, guess that's all I got so far!
Don't mistake me, I'm just trying to do some feedback in order to help developpers targeting bugs faster :grin:

Cheers!

Hi GS,

Just started playing Test H and like the look and feel.  Not sure if you know of these or not, so here's a couple of things I've noticed in a play through as a Drow:

1)  No one other than the Drow Matriarch (~2800) has any renown level (all others 0).  She apparently doesn't want to be marshall so they never pick one and always stay near Silk Throat even though they were at war with 3 other factions.  Only realized the renown issue, when the Matriarch said no one was good enough for her to support.

2) All of the Drow are very cordial and welcoming.  Although I was an usurper (Matriarch gave me someone's fief when I joined), they all had zero relation with me, even the guy who lost his fief.  Their descriptions of one another are all positive (ex.  so-and-so is upstanding and supportive of the Matriarch)

When starting a new character I discovered that the "Start Over" selection is not working as intended.  Here is scenario:

I initially chose to be a vassal and went to the next screen with the six factions.  I then decided I didn't want to be a vassal and hit "start over", which returned me to the original history decision screen.  I went through the remaining character creation screens with a father as a traveling merchant and was surprised to find that I was a vassal of the Torlian Kingdom when I went to the map.  Tried a couple more times (as Prince and vassal, didn't try king) and always ended up as a fief owner (vassal gets a village, Prince getting a castle and at least one other property) in Torlian Kingdom.

Amazing amount of work you've put in in such a short time.  Thank you for all the hard work.

Back
Top Bottom