Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Because reasons. :smile:

Seriously though...
1) I don't find PBOD&Advanced formations pack any good at all to waste my time fixing it.
On the contrary, removing it causes some serious battle lags to disappear.
2) This is third-party OSP, I just don't know its code and how it works.
3) It doesn't work in 0.7 either, so I wasn't the one who screwed it up, so my conscience is clear.  :smile:

As a vassal of the Falcons, I'm not able to recruit their units. I also tried recruiting through a castle constable and it returns farmers, is there a reason for this? Thanks  :iamamoron: :iamamoron:

Dully said:
As a vassal of the Falcons, I'm not able to recruit their units. I also tried recruiting through a castle constable and it returns farmers, is there a reason for this? Thanks  :iamamoron: :iamamoron:

can only get nobles from castles and towns from the falcons all the rest have to be found and hired by rescuing prisoners or hiring them after freeing them. so people dont run around stoping the entire game with a stack of 150+ renwards.

Ok, two other questions:

1) I tried. I really did. I'm at 32 relations with Emperor Zann and 60+ with their faction. I STILL can't get a non-aggression pact :/

2) Whenever I give fiefs to a lord who doesn't have any (usually companions or new lords) all my other lords go CRAZY (-3 relations hit). Is this intended? They're even good-natured. Yes, I do have the latest patch :/

Sajuuk333 said:
2) Whenever I give fiefs to a lord who doesn't have any (usually companions or new lords) all my other lords go CRAZY (-3 relations hit). Is this intended? They're even good-natured. Yes, I do have the latest patch :/

Goodnatured lords can still complain if they don't like the other lord.

Haha, mine seem to hate the guts out of each other. Good thing they can also be appeased pretty quickly.

So what about the treaties? Are the Zann simply hardcoded to be reluctant to deal with other kingdoms (since they always appear to be at war anyway)? They're the only ones I tried upping relations with.

I have 3 issues, hope you can help me out.

1- Those options before you process a war - Take Field, Lead your Troops etc., they are disappeared from my game (Reinstalled and same) I only have Charge Enemy button now.

2- I don't have PBOD Mod Preferences option listed in my camp menu. I have PERISNO 0.8.13 FULL (HF16) installed. (Reinstalled mod for 3 times and still same)

3- That demon worshipper guy (Shadesin) who resides in Galwe's tavern, he suddenly disappeared from my game, same as other issues..

All of these features disappeared at once and it doesn't fix when i redownload and reinstall the mod.  :cry: This is so weird, I remember that i had these features in my game a few days ago but not anymore..

Esudesu said:

1- Those options before you process a war - Take Field, Lead your Troops etc., they are disappeared from my game (Reinstalled and same) I only have Charge Enemy button now.

2- I don't have PBOD Mod Preferences option listed in my camp menu. I have PERISNO 0.8.13 FULL (HF16) installed. (Reinstalled mod for 3 times and still same)

3- That demon worshipper guy (Shadesin) who resides in Galwe's tavern, he suddenly disappeared from my game, same as other issues..

All of these features disappeared at once and it doesn't fix when i redownload and reinstall the mod.  :cry: This is so weird, I remember that i had these features in my game a few days ago but not anymore..

Use Perisno Q&A + FAQ thread or Official Bug Report Thread to ask simple questions. Don't create new ones.
Merged.

1 and 2 - try installing the last hotfix.
I may have uploaded the full version with PBODless patch in it by mistake, though so far you're the only person who reported this.

3 - he's unfinished. He had no other use than standing there, looking ugly and occasinaly taking somebody else's entry_point, preventing actually useful NPCs from spawning.
That's why he was removed.

Leonion said:
Zann were hardcoded to never make peace with other factions. Not sure about other things.

Thank you for your reply. Interestingly, they DID make peace with me (and we're quite happy now). I'm starting to believe they might not negotiate further than this, however. I will try doing the exact same thing with another faction (Sut).

Hey I had a question about the mercenary guild "hired" troops. It's one of my favorite features but I'm having a problem with them I didn't notice before. When I give them their weapons and then exit out of the menu they unequip a bunch of the stuff, usually only keeping one weapon.

I just got on these forums and just started playing so I apologize if this has been asked before.

If you give them like 10 melee weapons, each agent will usually spawn with 1 or 2 of them. But all the items you gave will remain in the pool.
Game engine processes such things.

It's not a problem, it's natural game mechanics.

Oh ok, I thought it was a problem because my hired knight spawned with only a two handed sword that couldn't be used on a horse lol.

Thanks for the help and the quick response!

Leonion said:
Esudesu said:

Use Perisno Q&A + FAQ thread or Official Bug Report Thread to ask simple questions. Don't create new ones.
Merged.

1 and 2 - try installing the last hotfix.
I may have uploaded the full version with PBODless patch in it by mistake, though so far you're the only person who reported this.

3 - he's unfinished. He had no other use than standing there, looking ugly and occasinaly taking somebody else's entry_point, preventing actually useful NPCs from spawning.
That's why he was removed.

Thank you for the response. I'm not sure what to download, do you have a link to the latest hotfix? You can PM me too if you want :smile:

3HrFDxH.jpg

Is there any way to get Princess Linthradil to rebel against queen Arwen? I have 1200 renown and 95 relation with her but it just won't work. I can get her to rebel in the case that she is the leader of the faction, but I was wondering if it was possible to do it in a way where I am the leader of the faction.

I was able to get her as a vassal at relation 100 and persuasion 10. Don't remember what the relation with her liege was but it took me a couple of tries. Have done it now in 2 playthroughs.

I feel a bit bad for asking so many things at once, so no pressure or anything but heres a bunch more things I was wondering on because I just started to play this mod after taking a break from it and all of M&B a few months ago.

1. Is marrying either Princess Birget or Princess Linthradil to eventually get them to rebel with you a good way to start your own kingdom, as you start out with a vassal and a nice big fief?

2. I was playing a sort of speed run with a faction where I constantly reloaded when something went wrong to try to get a bit farther into the mod to see what it was like, and the only way I could compete with other vassals and big armies with insanely good troops was by having my companions and their trainer skills level up my guys to high tiers (also by mooching off the garrison of my wife Princess Linthradil). How do you guys handle that loss of the trainer skill when you make your best companions into vassals?

3. I'm not very good at M&B, but I'm determined to start my next playthrough on Perisno as a completely fair run. In my last "speed run" the way I made money, a ton of it, was by often stationing my troops in my wife's (Princess Linthradil's) town, and I didn't have to pay for them at all. I could also mooch off the constantly refilling prisoners she was getting and sell them. I was wondering how you guys get money if you don't do something like this as it does seem fairly...well...unfair.

4. Another thing on whether something is unfair or not, do you guys use the auto upgrade and let your companions choose from the item pool thing? Because I believe each companion has an extra set of their armor or something in their inventory and when you do that it basically dupes the item. Do you guys manually choose which armor they get to be more fair, also because I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates seeing Alindel wearing an Ankar ranger women's armor piece because it had better stats than his armor.

5. Also on companions, how do you choose which ones will do what? In my first run I had like 3 different companions with very high pathfinding, and 2 of those ended up being useless. This was the case with almost all of the party skills and I wanted to ask how you guys decided on this.

6. When you're trying to get fiefs in a faction, do you guys skip out on the castles and villages so that you can later get towns and they won't say you've been "well awared with fiefs according to your accomplishments"?

7. This is a big thing for me, everytime I've ever started my own faction in any M&B mod it is just so difficult and stressful. Managing the constant attacks and the really elite troops you'll inevitably lose even after you spent so long to get them and they're semi-irreplaceable. Not to mention trying to get more vassals that are seemingly always getting more and more unhappy and dying because they start off small and you are surrounded by enemies. How do you go about starting your own faction?

8. Lastly, as you level up how do you distribute your stats. As I've always been a big fan of intelligence but now I'm starting to realize it's the least important as you need charisma for army size, strength for fighting, and agility if I'm ever going to get that aegis shield or, more importantly, the wyvern. 

Like I said that's a lot of things, but that's been building up since I first started playing Perisno and M&B in general. If somebody does get down to the challenge of answering all of this, much appreciated  :mrgreen:

ruledarkman said:
I feel a bit bad for asking so many things at once, so no pressure or anything but heres a bunch more things I was wondering on because I just started to play this mod after taking a break from it and all of M&B a few months ago.

1. Is marrying either Princess Birget or Princess Linthradil to eventually get them to rebel with you a good way to start your own kingdom, as you start out with a vassal and a nice big fief?

2. I was playing a sort of speed run with a faction where I constantly reloaded when something went wrong to try to get a bit farther into the mod to see what it was like, and the only way I could compete with other vassals and big armies with insanely good troops was by having my companions and their trainer skills level up my guys to high tiers (also by mooching off the garrison of my wife Princess Linthradil). How do you guys handle that loss of the trainer skill when you make your best companions into vassals?

3. I'm not very good at M&B, but I'm determined to start my next playthrough on Perisno as a completely fair run. In my last "speed run" the way I made money, a ton of it, was by often stationing my troops in my wife's (Princess Linthradil's) town, and I didn't have to pay for them at all. I could also mooch off the constantly refilling prisoners she was getting and sell them. I was wondering how you guys get money if you don't do something like this as it does seem fairly...well...unfair.

4. Another thing on whether something is unfair or not, do you guys use the auto upgrade and let your companions choose from the item pool thing? Because I believe each companion has an extra set of their armor or something in their inventory and when you do that it basically dupes the item. Do you guys manually choose which armor they get to be more fair, also because I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates seeing Alindel wearing an Ankar ranger women's armor piece because it had better stats than his armor.

5. Also on companions, how do you choose which ones will do what? In my first run I had like 3 different companions with very high pathfinding, and 2 of those ended up being useless. This was the case with almost all of the party skills and I wanted to ask how you guys decided on this.

6. When you're trying to get fiefs in a faction, do you guys skip out on the castles and villages so that you can later get towns and they won't say you've been "well awared with fiefs according to your accomplishments"?

7. This is a big thing for me, everytime I've ever started my own faction in any M&B mod it is just so difficult and stressful. Managing the constant attacks and the really elite troops you'll inevitably lose even after you spent so long to get them and they're semi-irreplaceable. Not to mention trying to get more vassals that are seemingly always getting more and more unhappy and dying because they start off small and you are surrounded by enemies. How do you go about starting your own faction?

8. Lastly, as you level up how do you distribute your stats. As I've always been a big fan of intelligence but now I'm starting to realize it's the least important as you need charisma for army size, strength for fighting, and agility if I'm ever going to get that aegis shield or, more importantly, the wyvern. 

Like I said that's a lot of things, but that's been building up since I first started playing Perisno and M&B in general. If somebody does get down to the challenge of answering all of this, much appreciated  :mrgreen:

1) no experience with that, I started by wiping out Cretas monarchy, as they have only one castle, you don't have to fight the rest of the faction when you take it. I would be afraid to rebel against any of the major factions. I immediately appointed one of my companions as a vassal and gave him the village so I also "started" with a vassal

2) I only made vassals of the two honorable companions and kept the rest. Also, have your constable to train your troops, if you use Perisnoan troops, he can upgrade them to the top tier. (he can upgrade 14 perisno warriors to champions at once!) Also, after some quests, you can recruit elite units. Save prisoners, hire your own prisoners...there are plenty of ways

3) trade and do some quests, that will give you money for productive enterprises, once you have them, buy land everywhere and you don't need to worry about money anymore I've got land rented in about half of the towns and i get hundreds of thousands aurums every month. Also, if you are good in fighting, bet every turn in tournaments, if you win, you get 19000 plus 2000 as a prize money

4) do that manually

5) I have one "scout" (path-finding and foraging), one healer and one general (tactics+engineer). All of them have trainer and most of them have fighting skills. Only sklil that's worth giving to all of them is trainer, because it stacks.

6) I skip the part of being a vassal completely and start my own faction as soon as I can, It's not that hard. But I don't think that chances you are awarded a town are very high, unless you conquer it by yourself. I'd be satisfied with castle, so that you have a place where to gather your armies.

7) Perisno has a great feature for recruiting lords (just talk to him, you'll spot it). It takes into consideration your persuasion, honor, right to rule and few other things I forgot. But the basic rules are: Before starting a kingdom, build your right to rule (send every companion you come across to spread a good word about you) and renown. Having high honor helps incredibly, because you get o +1 to relation with every honorable lord per 10 points of honor. Recruit lords only when you have fiefs to give them, otherwise they'll become unhappy and leave you. Start your kingdom in the place of some weak faction, so that they won't be able to fight back (Cretas monarchy is ideal) and do it during the zann invasion, so that the big factions are busy fighting back the Zann. Conclude peace treaties with the strong ones and prey on the smaller ones. After Cretas, I took the horde, then Bakhals, then Sut (sut have one more lord than bakhal). Currently I have 14 lords and am finishing the Reich. They have just one castle left.

:cool: If you want to conquer Perisno, go for charisma (30 should be enough, get 10 leadership and then read a skillbook (skill limit is 15 in Perisno-for some skills). Army size is all you need and no one will give you that. For intelligence skills you have companions, for fighting you have soldiers. Some skills are waste of SP in my opinion (power draw-get a crossbow and save the SP). Also, if you get a relation 90+ with a lord, talk to him, it will give you a free attribute point.

Back
Top Bottom