Pc improvement help

Users who are viewing this thread

BloodLuster

Grandmaster Knight
Hi lads,
I was wondering if the more tech savvy of you could help me improve my system. I have a bit of knowledge about computers but I'm a bit out of touch with the new stuff from the manufacters and feel kinda of unsure about what to do.
So my specs, bear in mind the system was a prebuilt pc that I changed some components:

Base model: Asus CM6431
CPU: i7-3770 3.4Ghz (stock)
Cooler: stock
GPU: Asus GTX 760 2GB DDR5
PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold series
Motherboard: Stock motherboard (can't find identify it)
Memory: 6Gb ddr3
Hard drive: 1Tb stock hard drive and a 240Gb toshiba ssd.
Case: Fractal Design r5 blackout

I mainly so gaming with the computer and occasionally do some video and image edition(basic stuff, vacations videos and stuff).

So my main problem is heat and noise.
The noise of the damn thing is quite annoying. As well as the heat it generates,
my room is always hot because of it.
I changed both case and psu to aliviate both noise and temperature and it did a bit but now with summer time looming and temperatures rising the noise level of the fans is worse.

So my question is what should i do?
Invest in watercooling or better fans? Just say **** it and upgrade the mobo and cpu to a more recent generations of cpus? Or somethig else?

It's a computer made to suck electricity out of the wall to do complex 3d rendering in real time. It's going to be hot no matter what you do.

You could wait a few weeks for AMDs RX 480 to be released, it is using brand new tech and has a TDP of only 150W (vs 170W for the 760) while being much stronger than the 760. Or you could wait and see what Nvidia is offering at the 1060 level.

It's still only a marginal improvement on the heat generation.

As for noise, your stock 3770 cooler is probably pretty loud. You could try getting a good 3rd party cooler like this: http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16835103099

And always wait for 3rd party GPUs if you care about noise. Reference coolers are loud. 3rd party ones generally have multiple larger fans so they are quieter.

Thanks guys
Just bought the X version that is the newer version of that one and it's the only one available in Portugal and it works like a charm.
Both temperature and noise (especially the noise) were reduced. Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom