Patch 1.1.0. WHAT. WERE. YOU. THINKING. ABOUT?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Sergius1999

Recruit
Dear developers or community, I've just launched Patch 1.1.0 and.... I was astonished with how BAD it is.

1. What's wrong with the light?

After entering the game I found out that my character looks like a black person even though I made him white. I tried to fix this through the Bright & Contrast Settings but it still doesn't work like before.

2. Execution Penalty.

Oh, nice you made it extremely infavourable for you to get rid off your enemies by CUTTING REPUTATION WITH EVERY DAMNED NOBLEMAN. I've executed Battanian noble because we're at war between Vlandia & Battania but my Relation has fallen even with every Noble in Vlandia, not to mention Aserai and others... Dear guys, how do you propose me to stand on my feet when Battanians bought EVERY DAMNED MERCANARY CLAN?! There're 3 full lines of clans in their ranks, so my fiefs get constantly raided and I had NO WAY to finish them once and for all because execution cuts your Relation dramatically.

Why didn't I any way to stop them? Because............

3. HOW ABOUT REASONABLE ALTERNATIVE TO EXECUTION, PLEASE?!

Nice work, you've put a great penalty for executing, however, at the same time you did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITH IMPRISONMENT SYSTEM. CAPTURED ENEMIES ARE STILL ESCAPING LIKE THE RATS FROM SINKING SHIP!!

Would you be so kindest to explain HOW DOES IT CORRELATE WITH THE IDEA OF BULDING KINGDOM?! You don't kill your enemies and the recruits ARE INFINITE. Don't you think such a system works with AI only? If the killing your enemy is not beneficial but you have NO WAY to get rid off them then WHAT IS THE POINT TO PLAY? WHAT'S THE POINT OF PROGRESSING IN THIS GAME?!

Any way, it would be better if the Execution remains like in previous patches OR if the Prison system gets fixed to confine your enemies in order to prevent them from doing mess.

Regarding lighting, I have no idea, had no issues there.
Regarding executions, it makes perfect sense for there to be relation loss on doing it.
Alternatives to executions? Just ransom, easy money.

1. Characters look off only in inventory screen for me. They look normal everywhere else. And the current shading/lighting seems to be improved.

Oh no, you ruined my experience because I chose to play an early access game! Everyone stop what you're doing and support this sad player!

I noticed a ton of things that are buggy or broken, who cares? Report it as a bug and life goes on. They will patch it in time.

Welcome to early access, my dude.

there is no point to execution if they make it ruin your rep with all lords. Might as well remove the feature in its entirety. Prison time needs to be looked at. AI lords escape almost instantly, meanwhile the player can sit in a city dungeon for upwards of a week or two if he doesnt pay the ransom event.

Not really. Didn't you ever read of the battle of Agincourt?

Destroyed an entire generation of French nobility.
This isn't real life, nor is it a representation of reality, so what does the battle of Agincourt, even remotely, have to do with bannerlord?

Executions would be too broken if you had no relation loss, since you could execute the entire calradian nobility without a penalty,
It's reasonable in bannerlord to have it, for the sake of balance.

So how exactly did you assume French didn't hate the English after that incident?

The problem in the current game is executing the French makes The English (aka your friends) hate you. Which is dumb.

I agree it's done for balance reasons because the game uses Lords as the focal point for all game actions, without a system to replace fallen lords the player could end up with a very lonely world. But then they should just remove the option to execute altogether.

If the game gives you an option but makes the penalty for using it so severe you never use it, why even put it there?

This isn't real life, nor is it a representation of reality

This is the problem with arguing with people on the internet, they never try to debate your point, instead they argue something you never actually said.

A massive penalty for executions effectively removes them as a feature. The way it was, was good. If I executed nobles of a faction, my name would be dirt with them, but others won't care. Now someone who kills nobles rather than taking prisoners should suffer a debuff of sorts with all, but not as extreme as post patch.

The problem in the current game is executing the French makes The English (aka your friends) hate you. Which is dumb.

I agree it's done for balance reasons because the game uses Lords as the focal point for all game actions, without a system to replace fallen lords the player could end up with a very lonely world. But then they should just remove the option to execute altogether.

If the game gives you an option but makes the penalty for using it so severe you never use it, why even put it there?

This is the problem with arguing with people on the internet, they never try to debate your point, instead they argue something you never actually said.
The post before had no points to debate, and could be considered only as a hot take on a topic.

However, to reference the battle of Agincourt, since you want me to debate on your point, Henry V did order the execution of valuable prisoners, that were usually kept imprisoned until the ransom was delivered. The knights ordered to do the execution were disgusted with the order, and didn't see it as a chivalric thing to do, but were threatened with hanging to obey the order.
Remember, ransoming noble prisoners is the norm. Executions were way less frequent, There's a code of conduct among the nobility.

I'd agree that balancing them out, so that cruel people, or people of your faction would lose less relations with you, or none at all, but it is an action that is highly frowned upon, so it does make sense.
Removing the feature entirely just because it has bad consequences is something I can't agree with.

Back
Top Bottom