party size

Users who are viewing this thread

wilsonst

Regular
Im sure its somewhere on the forum but couldn't find it. My party size limit is at 197. I have one attack boat that holds 55. so when Im on the sea I see the party size limit is 55. what I don't understand is if I only have 47 men on board, why am I taking a 23 hit on moral for over the party size limit?

In VC the party size is also influenced by leadership of your companions, so you can have a great party limit but actually you can't manage to leadership so many men without lose a large amount of morale because your character doesn't have enough charisma and leadership. It isn't the case?

Actually on land there seems to be no morale hit but the limit is 197 and my total troop count is 47. So what your saying is since my limit on the sea only equals the max boat limit, I cant actually go all the way to the limit? Ive not tested this on land because I don't have the resources for that large of an army. How is that determined since my combined leadership is 170
edit: I think I figured this out. On the ocean I take a 23 morale penalty for over party limit, but I got a +20 to current events. On land I have no penalty for over limit on troops but I have a -23 for current events. both equal 69. Maybe someone can explain why its done like that? Just got this game, its great

I was saying that the leadership skill(of the leader only) reduces the morale hit of having a party with many soldiers(yes, you recieve a morale reduction based in the number of the soldiers you have, independing of your party size limit, because this have another factors, like renown and, now, the leadership of companions). But, this is strange about +20 to the current events o_o

Game has a basic party size value. Say its 30 soldiers.

Then you can get bonus from leadership, renown and fiefs (castle/town) you own.

Now lets say your party size limit is 30 + 100 = 130.

If you have 40 soldiers you will be over the basic limit and that gives you morale penalty. To compensate that your leadership gives morale bonus, as does food variety and events.

So you can end up with a morale report that says:

- Over party limit: -10
- Leadership bonus: +5
- Food variety: -20
- Lack of rest: -15
- Events: +60
--> Party morale: -10+5-20-15+60= +20

Important: your leadership gives morale bonus. Your companions leadership gives party size bonus but no morale bonus!

Back
Top Bottom