Party Limit Keeps Changing/Troops Leaving Party

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm sure it's something with my perks or whatever but for the life of me I can't figure out why my max party size limit keeps fluctuating between 456-461. I'll recruit the max to 461 just to be told later I've lost troops due to abandonment. I'll check and my limit will randomly drop back down to 456. Up and down, up and down.
Also, unrelated, but why when I sell prisoner lords back for high prices I'll get paid a much lower price than offered? For instance, I got offered over 22k to ransom off a king earlier but the bastards gypped me and only gave me around 5k. It happens all of the time. I'm on version 1.7.0 but I believe it's happened on earlier versions as well.

Do you have the "leader of the masses" perk and are you gaining and loosing a town? This could include the intermittent ownership before an election if you're a ruler.

The ransom is a bug I've heard before.

I'm sure it's something with my perks or whatever but for the life of me I can't figure out why my max party size limit keeps fluctuating between 456-461. I'll recruit the max to 461 just to be told later I've lost troops due to abandonment. I'll check and my limit will randomly drop back down to 456. Up and down, up and down.
Also, unrelated, but why when I sell prisoner lords back for high prices I'll get paid a much lower price than offered? For instance, I got offered over 22k to ransom off a king earlier but the bastards gypped me and only gave me around 5k. It happens all of the time. I'm on version 1.7.0 but I believe it's happened on earlier versions as well.
If you have the "Leader of the Masses" Perk, you don't need a kingdom.
This perk works better without a kingdom, so you can keep all towns for you and get the additional party size for your party and your clan member's parties.

Only create a kingdom, if you have a daily influence income of 200 - 300, anything under this and you should not create a kingdom.

If you added troops through the cheat give_troops this will increase the troops limit by the number of troops you added , the limit will reset back when you load a save though so any troops you had will start leaving if you have more then the limit.

If you added troops through the cheat give_troops this will increase the troops limit by the number of troops you added , the limit will reset back when you load a save though so any troops you had will start leaving if you have more then the limit.
I haven't used any cheats. Matter of fact, I wouldn't even know how to.

If you have the "Leader of the Masses" Perk, you don't need a kingdom.
This perk works better without a kingdom, so you can keep all towns for you and get the additional party size for your party and your clan member's parties.

Only create a kingdom, if you have a daily influence income of 200 - 300, anything under this and you should not create a kingdom.
@Ananda_The_Destroyer I do have Leader of the Masses. I got it long ago. I became High King of Vlandia over 30 years ago when that bastard Derthert died of old age. I don't remember my troop capacity number bouncing around so much up until recently. There are a couple of cities that have been ravaged by war. They keep swapping hands between my kingdom and the various other empires. Does it only affect me during the transitional stage? What about when a vote is cast and one of my vassals takes over ownership?
I am about to go on a massive recruitment campaign. I don't have enough fiefs to give out to every potential companion but I have figured out I can gift a fief to a companion when the fief is temporarily owned by me while the council is casting their votes. Even if the fief doesn't end up going to my new companion I originally gifted it to they will stay on as a vassal. And with settlements swapping hands every other day in this war ravaged land it looks like a good opportunity to take advantage of hiring companions from taverns and immediately recruiting them to lords. This might be my only chance to win. I have expanded my kingdom across half of the known continent but now I can't keep a kingdom to keep a peace treaty for longer than a few days. It's like every kingdom has formed an alliance against me.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer I do have Leader of the Masses. I got it long ago. I became High King of Vlandia over 30 years ago when that bastard Derthert died of old age. I don't remember my troop capacity number bouncing around so much up until recently. There are a couple of cities that have been ravaged by war. They keep swapping hands between my kingdom and the various other empires. Does it only affect me during the transitional stage? What about when a vote is cast and one of my vassals takes over ownership?
I am about to go on a massive recruitment campaign. I don't have enough fiefs to give out to every potential companion but I have figured out I can gift a fief to a companion when the fief is temporarily owned by me while the council is casting their votes. Even if the fief doesn't end up going to my new companion I originally gifted it to they will stay on as a vassal. And with settlements swapping hands every other day in this war ravaged land it looks like a good opportunity to take advantage of hiring companions from taverns and immediately recruiting them to lords. This might be my only chance to win. I have expanded my kingdom across half of the known continent but now I can't keep a kingdom to keep a peace treaty for longer than a few days. It's like every kingdom has formed an alliance against me.
When you "own" the town your party goes size goes up by 5, when your vassals vote and give it to somebody, it will go down by 5. To make it more annoying, your displayed party max may not actually change until you open the party menu, however the effects of over capacity can start to kick in and troops may leave.
I have figured out I can gift a fief to a companion when the fief is temporarily owned by me while the council is casting their votes
This was supposed to be fixed, but it's good if they missed it, it's a useful thing to do. However this could be changing you party size twice, once when you give fief to raise clan it goes down, then when it goes up on election it goes up, then when they vote it goes back down! Only towns though.

What is that issue?
So a few patches ago TW made it to where you could promote a companion to a Lord or vassal as long as you had at least 500 influence and 20k Denars. The only other criteria was having a fief to give up such as a castle or town.
Well, I happened on a way to get around the limited fief issue. @Ananda_The_Destroyer said TW was supposed to fix this workaround but as of 1.7.0 it has not been fixed.
What I do is wait until one of my armies has captured a fief whether it be a castle or a town. Once it's captured it always goes to your possession (as long as you are king). It remains in your possession until the council is ready to cast their votes for the owner of the fief. This is when you promote a companion to a vassal. Make sure you give the newly promoted vassal the newly captured fief before the council is ready to cast their votes. Since you are temporarily the owner of the newly captured fief you can take advantage of this new game mechanic. As Ananda has said, I'm sure TW will fix this soon.

The only limitation now, as far as I can see, is coin and influence.

1 Have a companion ready.
2 Capture a castle or town.
3 Promote the companion and gift him the new fief before the vote from the council.

Even if the fresh vassal is stripped of his newly gifted fief during the vote he'll still remain one of your lords.

If anyone sees a mistake I have made please correct me.

So, people think it's a problem?
Personally I don't think this would be an issue for me. I'm the faction leader, I capture a fief, I gift it to whomever I please! Right?

So, people think it's a problem?
Personally I don't think this would be an issue for me. I'm the faction leader, I capture a fief, I gift it to whomever I please! Right?
Yes. I assume TW may think of it as a problem. I see no issue with it. They may look at it as game breaking, I don't know?
I assume TW intended for the player to only gift away fiefs that the player permanently owns which a player would have a limited amount of. If the player takes advantage of the mechanic we speak of then there seems to be no limit to the amount of vassals a player can have. This very well may solve the issue of finding a clan leader from a different kingdom that is not only willing to leave but also one that won't require the player to pay 1.5 million+ Denars.
Anyway, I may try taking advantage of this supposed TW oversight because as it stands now all of the clans will not maintain a peace treaty with me for more than a few days at a time. This six front war has come to a grinding stalemate.

Back
Top Bottom