Paid double for a buggy game and feeling like a stupid now!

Users who are viewing this thread

EPIC does realize that if the only appeal their platform has is free games no one is going to use it for anything else and they aren't gonna take much share from Steam right?

EPIC does realize that if the only appeal their platform has is free games no one is going to use it for anything else and they aren't gonna take much share from Steam right?

They believe getting enough users onto their platform is worth the initial outlay. It's a tried and tested method, so odds are they'll be proven right eventually.

You shouldn't bother with "Epic Games". They are ridiculously silly when it comes to pricing... they are still selling Far Cry 5 for £50... like really? what a ridiculous "store". Steam are the best.

This post is to funny to be true. People crying on TaleWorlds forums over discounts that TW has 0 influence on, to good to be true..

If only people would check their sources before going on a rant

Why did I pay double for a buggy game?

I feel like you should be asking yourself this, since TW didn't put its hand in your pocket.

To be fair, we judge on price not on whatever they call this state of the game.

Remember the good ol' days back in the nineties, when you paid $50 for a game and there was a better-than-even chance of there being some game-breaking bug they wouldn't even bother patching out. That was the Golden Age.

I feel like you should be asking yourself this, since TW didn't put its hand in your pocket.

They kinda did with that patently false description about the game's state. But like they say, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". In conclusion, don't trust TW in the future, they're no longer a friendly indie studio.

They kinda did with that patently false description about the game's state.

I'm pretty sure they mentioned a bunch of stuff wasn't implemented on release. In fact, I'm positive that they said kingdom management, at least, was not implemented.

Wait, let me just look on the Steam page...
Literally written on the Steam purchase page said:
We are hoping to run a productive and efficient early access for M&B Bannerlord as well. However, due to the nature and scale of game that we have envisioned, there may be various problems or missing features and content during the course of early access. Here are a few aspects you may need to know:

Unique Maps for Towns, Castles and Village: Although we plan to create unique maps for every town and castle in the game, it is a rather arduous process to create that many well designed maps and as such, different locations may share the same map during early access.

Quest Content: A portion of planned quests may be missing entirely, and those in the game may be using placeholder maps, animations, etc.

Balancing: Various aspects of the game may be poorly balanced. Parts of the game may be too easy or too hard.

Voice overs: Since the game uses a lot of dynamic text and hundreds of NPCs, we are planning to record voice-overs for only a limited subset of the dialog (greetings, companion introductions and main quest). Some of these planned voice overs may be missing or using placeholder versions during EA.

Savegames: We will strive to keep savegame compatibility during EA, however it may be technically infeasible to provide 100% backward compatibility in savegames and you may occasionally have to start a new game after updating to a new version.

Bugs and glitches: Although we strive to create a stable game experience, the game will be actively developed during early access and hence there will be a greater chance of bugs and glitches creeping up. It will of course be a priority to fix these.

Localization: Our current plan is to localize the game into the following languages: French, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish (Latin American) and Turkish. Other languages may be added later. During EA, localizations for these languages may be missing entirely or may be incomplete.

Multiplayer modes and features: The game currently supports several popular multiplayer modes, but we are planning to add more modes and features, possibly including ranked matchmaking.

Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management.

:unsure:

Epic Games is burning THEIR money, to try and take down Steam.
Those discounts? They are been paid by Epic Games wallet.
TaleWorlds have no say in this, saddly. That's an business strategy that Epic Games is trying to employ to break Steam "monopoloy".
Is it effective? Yes.
Is it moral? I don't think so, it makes situations like this, where they on the guise of fighting a monopoly and trying to "pose as consumer friendly" they're actually creating discord on the community at large.

Epic doesn't know how to fix the problems they have. I saw some of their sales figures a few weeks ago, and at first I thought I was looking at daily sales numbers because they were so poor, it turned out they were monthly.

Disagree. They will get more timed exclusives because their distribution fees are significantly lower than Steam. At the very least, it will force Steam to lower theirs. This benefits independent developers as well as large publishers.

Early Access doesn't mean Early Access anymore... Just about every single game now is released in Early Access and many of them never leave it. So really you have no choice anymore. If you want to play, you buy Early Access, if not you'll never play. Really the only games that don't do EA are ones that are sold somewhere other than Steam first.

IMO Steam should only allow a game to be EA if the developers provide a clear timeline including specific features of when it will hit Alpha, Beta, release, etc. And if they don't meet that timeline it should offer a refund to early backers. I really don't support the idea of a game making a big profit before release anyway. Just encourages bad behavior and devs to abandon a game once they've milked enough buyers. You see a lot of very low effort games now that never come close to being finished, because finishing is not profitable.

Early Access doesn't mean Early Access anymore... Just about every single game now is released in Early Access and many of them never leave it. So really you have no choice anymore. If you want to play, you buy Early Access, if not you'll never play. Really the only games that don't do EA are ones that are sold somewhere other than Steam first.

IMO Steam should only allow a game to be EA if the developers provide a clear timeline including specific features of when it will hit Alpha, Beta, release, etc. And if they don't meet that timeline it should offer a refund to early backers. I really don't support the idea of a game making a big profit before release anyway. Just encourages bad behavior and devs to abandon a game once they've milked enough buyers. You see a lot of very low effort games now that never come close to being finished, because finishing is not profitable.

1st bold you bring up having no choice while also giving possible choices. Since Epic has been brought up here they are a great example of this. I choose not to use them because I don't like their business practices. Sure they have given away games for free that I would like but I still choose to not download their launcher and I can still buy those games on another platform. For their exclusives, I guess I won't play that game then, you always have a choice. You can use this same mentality for EA games. If you don't like EA don't buy an EA title, if publishers keep releasing crap, stop buying from them until they prove otherwise.

2nd bold, this is off base. How would this responsibility fall on the store? This is the responsibility of the devs first and the consumer second. If the dev doesn't hold their end of the agreement you as the consumer should not partake in their product.

1st bold you bring up having no choice while also giving possible choices. Since Epic has been brought up here they are a great example of this. I choose not to use them because I don't like their business practices. Sure they have given away games for free that I would like but I still choose to not download their launcher and I can still buy those games on another platform. For their exclusives, I guess I won't play that game then, you always have a choice. You can use this same mentality for EA games. If you don't like EA don't buy an EA title, if publishers keep releasing crap, stop buying from them until they prove otherwise.

2nd bold, this is off base. How would this responsibility fall on the store? This is the responsibility of the devs first and the consumer second. If the dev doesn't hold their end of the agreement you as the consumer should not partake in their product.
Well how the hell am I the consumer supposed to know whether I like it or not in 2 hours??

Well how the hell am I the consumer supposed to know whether I like it or not in 2 hours??

Spend a few minutes and read the provided store information, find a reviewer/streamer that you trust their opinion to see if they liked it or if the game was a half made mess.

Disagree. They will get more timed exclusives because their distribution fees are significantly lower than Steam. At the very least, it will force Steam to lower theirs. This benefits independent developers as well as large publishers.
Exactly, Steam monopoly is a last thing we want. It's funny when people are bashing the store for lowering the prices just because they already paid more. Game prices should be lower in first place considering we're getting unfinished products most of the time. People agree to pay full price for unfinished game before it's even reviewed or tested and they get surprised the price goes down eventually. It has to and it should in this case. Taleworlds were at least honest not to call it finished and to launch early access.

This post is to funny to be true. People crying on TaleWorlds forums over discounts that TW has 0 influence on, to good to be true..

If only people would check their sources before going on a rant
But I need these kinds of threads and posts to humor me

Back
Top Bottom