Padded cloth woes

Users who are viewing this thread

So...maybe it is only my poor luck, but is anyone else not finding padded cloth at all?  I have searched each town a total of eight times and found no padded cloth necessary for me to get Marnid in the party.  Is anyone else having this problem at all?

Nope, I always find it in Zendar, and if not Wercheg, btw the model is changed  :razz:
Haha! It's white now too, and it looks better, search more closely.

The whole 'give padded cloth' thing is stupid anyway, and should be removed.  It should be 'armour worth more than 200 bucks' or 'armour with more than 7 body' or 'some money', not 'hunt the whole stupid world for this one specific armour type you'll never use just to get this idiot on your team'.

I'd prefer "give me 250 gold to buy decent equipment". Finding padded cloth can be a nuisance.

In storymod the major gives it to you to give to Marnid

That should be in vanilla in my opinion

It has. I agree on the money thing. If you buy him black armour he won't even take it, he prefers the padded cloth.

Shouldn't be all that complicated after all.
"Give me padded cloth or better and I'll hack of heads with you lol"

It's a stats-based game, you work it out. :smile:

When I first played M&B, this 'get exact x item' thing was a HUGE turnoff, and it's one of the first things you encounter.  It's not 'get *decent* armour' or 'get better armour than I got now', it's 'I'm in love with this particular sort of armour for some lame reason, and I want you to get it.  I don't want to USE it - it's rubbish - so once you give it to me you'll buy it back and give me real armour.  No I won't take cash, go hunt the world for this stupid, worthless, terrible, armour nobody wants'.

It'd actually be more tolerable if he wanted something River Pirates dropped, or something you could get in some guarranteed way.  I've seen maybe four 'padded cloths' (retarded name, btw) the whole time I've been playing.

Change it to '8+ armour' or 'money'.

Pnakotus said:
Rathyr said:
Duh. Have you even played?
The NPCs were bugged and useless in 800.
Unless you used your brain and had the Padded Cloth BEFORE speaking to Marnid then he would join you. :roll: You know what he wants!!
sneakey pete said:
calandale said:
What do you want it for anyway? Has anyone gotten Marnid to take the stuff?
Hasn't it been fixed for .801?
Yes, yes it has.

I like the new Padded Cloth but I liked the old one too, don't mind eitherway. The old one should still be in the game I think, maybe a coarse padded cloth? Crap name but you come up with something then! After I saw that had changed I was hoping the Gambesons would be new as well... no such luck...

Smoson said:
Unless you used your brain and had the Padded Cloth BEFORE speaking to Marnid then he would join you. :roll: You know what he wants!!

Eh?  You mean if you've got it the first time you talk it's all good?  I never spoke to him in 800 (lameass  padded cloth bull**** for Useless Man Marnid) but I read that the convo trees for NPCs were broken?

That is exactly what I mean, yes but I believe the bugfix has... fixed it anyway so it shouldn't matter anymore.

I heard about the requirement to have it with you the first time you talk to him in 0.800, too.
Well, guess what, I only started playing with 0.800 (except for a bit of messing around in earlier versions) - so no, I didn't know what the guy would want when I first talked to him.

The "how do you define better" question has already been answered. Since any armor has numbers attached to it, it's a non-issue.
Hope they'll look into this, should be a really quick fix. Or so I think, being the non-savy I am.

Back
Top Bottom