own settlement / clan&bandit system

Users who are viewing this thread

Sometimes, sometimes you don't want to become a king or vassal.
I would want to play as a brigand once in a while. Who wouldn't want to become a ruffian? Robin Hood?
Imagine, your party acquires enough money and influence and materials to build a camp. You make a clan or a band and start recruiting people to it.
Next thing you know, you are raiding and plundering, defying lords and destroying kings.
This would be great in particular if and when you want to start your own kingdom.
Most of the time, when you leave a faction you simply are wandering with the max capacity of men you can obtain.
I find this very stupid.

1. You have to become vassal in order to get what you want (men, renown, right to rule).
2. If you have a big history with a faction, more than often you are very great. Upon leaving the faction, a big part could be stolen from you, especially when your king is generous and grants you fiefs every time.
3. The feudal system in Warband is extremely primitive and you only get to play as three types of authorities : mercenary, lord and king.
4. The bandit/mercenary system is very large, and very promising. A shame you aren't able to play as one.

Ghengis Khan formed a mighty army out of many tribes and groups. This should be implemented into the game. Groups, clans, tribes, rebellions, independent towns and settlements.
If the whole game only spiralled around kingdoms, it would get very boring soon.
However, this is an sandbox game, so I would want the same qualities.
Never become a vassal, but make my own settlement and get a great army, with whom I would eventually conquer something else.

THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE DEPTH IN THE FEUDAL SYSTEM AND SETTLEMENTS
NOT ONLY KINGDOMS, TRIBES AND CLANS, NOT ONLY A THREE-WAY FEUDAL SYSTEM, BUT EARLS, BARONS AND MORE!!!

I think this is completely reasonable and Taleworlds could make this happen, just as they did with kingdoms, they should do with bandits and caravans and tribes. Independent villages and towns. For gods sake, Rome began as a couple of independent towns.

They keep adding battle features and more fighting alternatives, but I come to play Mount and Blade for it's conquering and open world, else i would play Chivalry or Total War.

Keep this in mind TaleWorlds, don't ignore me.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom