Overriding the Main_map crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

I missed a lot of updates, and my mod was working fine in version 1.0.0. Now I'm trying to make my mod run on v1.1.2, but for some reason, having a Main_map in my own mods SceneObj causes a crash.

I tried replacing the original Main_map on SandBox, and my mod works fine. What changed, and what could I be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Solution
...I forgot to mention I did a test where I made a test mod folder that only contains the original Main_map, then activated it on Launcher. Nothing changed on it; it was just a replica of the original Main_map, and it crashed...
I did the same thing with v1.1.2. Mine doesn't crash. It has a settlements.xslt to delete the Sandbox settlements.xml and copied the Sandbox settlements.xml and settlements_distance_cache.bin into my mod's ModuleData folder. I presume the engine looks for a local version of the distance cache.
Did you add retirement_retreat (introduced to allow players to retire) to your settlements.xml?
FXzpg.jpg

IDK if that requires a manual re-run of the settlements positions scripts, but doubt it as there is no corresponding entity in scene.xscene, suggesting its map icon is code spawned. Also, ATM leaving a settlement mission scene will cause crashes on a custom Main_map (as opposed to a modded_main_map using Aurelian's MapFix) due to the different treatment of flora paint layers (assuming your map has flora layers). I've not used Main_map for some time as my custom main_map_physics_heightmap stopped working, reverting to a hardcoded heightmap of Calradia, pusing players below or above ground (another reason to use MapFix).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, but I forgot to mention I did a test where I made a test mod folder that only contains the original Main_map, then activated it on Launcher. Nothing changed on it; it was just a replica of the original Main_map, and it crashed. Now that you mentioned the retirement settlement, I did not add it to my own settlement.xml, but it exists on the modded map. The current solution I have is to replace the original Main_map to bypass the conflict. But that will create another problem when the mod is uninstalled

The problem I can see is that anything that overrides the Main_map would conflict with the original.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...I forgot to mention I did a test where I made a test mod folder that only contains the original Main_map, then activated it on Launcher. Nothing changed on it; it was just a replica of the original Main_map, and it crashed...
I did the same thing with v1.1.2. Mine doesn't crash. It has a settlements.xslt to delete the Sandbox settlements.xml and copied the Sandbox settlements.xml and settlements_distance_cache.bin into my mod's ModuleData folder. I presume the engine looks for a local version of the distance cache.

Upvote 0
Solution
Will try, thank you!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom