Game crashed when using my new world map.

Users who are viewing this thread

tsx2222

Recruit
Recently I am focusing on creating my module. I want to make a entire new world which different with Calardia. I used M&B Bannerlord with version1.1.6 and Modding Kit with version 1.1.6. I just start with a new scene, and generate terrain. I saved this map in my module's directory and named it Main_map to cover the Native world map. But when I tested it, the game crashed. I guess this is because I haven't put any settlements or paths in my world map and when a campagin generating there are some program codes need it, so it crashed. I want to know how can I make a enitre new world map to cover the Calardia? Do I need to copy the all of the entites and paths in Main_map of SanBox, and save as modded_world_map in my module's directory? Do I need Aurelian_Mapfix mod to make my world map working ? This confused me whole week. I really want someone can give me advice. :xf-cry::xf-cry::xf-cry:

Last edited:
@tsx2222 please try using the current Beta v1.2.6 if you're delving into world map modding. It contains several modding improvements (to it). Aurelian_Mapfix mod is no longer needed.

Upvote 0
@tsx2222 please try using the current Beta v1.2.6 if you're delving into world map modding. It contains several modding improvements (to it). Aurelian_Mapfix mod is no longer needed.
I have tried Beta v1.2.6 and it finally worked. I found that I should copy tilset folder into my module folder. By the way Modding kit of Beta v1.2.6 looks like a really good patch. Thanks a lot, wishing Modding Kit getting better and better. 🥳🥳

Upvote 0
I wouldn't get too comfortable with making your own world map. The modding tools in 1.2.6 are still heavily broken. I'm getting random warnings pop-up with about 10% of a map done, and then the rest of the map is now completely un-editable as a result without the editor freezing.
That's after I spent about 12 hours doing another version of it while trying to modify the existing "main_map" which equally became so broken that saving any changes crashed out the editor.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't get too comfortable with making your own world map. The modding tools in 1.2.6 are still heavily broken. I'm getting random warnings pop-up with about 10% of a map done, and then the rest of the map is now completely un-editable as a result without the editor freezing.
That's after I spent about 12 hours doing another version of it while trying to modify the existing "main_map" which equally became so broken that saving any changes crashed out the editor.
Could you please share the specifics, what warnings do you get, do you get to upload the dump after the editor freezes and what's the ID of that?

Upvote 0
Could you please share the specifics, what warnings do you get, do you get to upload the dump after the editor freezes and what's the ID of that?
I sent you a DM with the specific errors/warnings from my most recent. I've had to re-do the same map 4 times though due to editor errors and keep losing progress.
I've now opted to doing everything in stages which seems to allow me to complete more (i.e. sculpting the whole map first, then painting it, then adding entities, then adding foliage)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom