SP - UI Overhaul mods - stripey thumbnails

Users who are viewing this thread

Very nice that you are taking steps to try to solve this! Cheers!
I am not sure that a native asset will produce the bug, because it could be present in the compressed_shader_cache.sack even if you remove it from the Native module.
Can you try with a completely custom asset?
If this proves to be something that you cannot do, I am happy to put together a test module for you with a single item.
I will retry considering this

Very nice that you are taking steps to try to solve this! Cheers!
I am not sure that a native asset will produce the bug, because it could be present in the compressed_shader_cache.sack even if you remove it from the Native module.
Can you try with a completely custom asset?
If this proves to be something that you cannot do, I am happy to put together a test module for you with a single item.
Also, if you can reproduce this bug with only a single asset, It would make my job easier to directly test the failed scenario. I would be glad to have a module with a single item that fails the thumbnail renderer. Please let me know if this is possible.

Ok I prepared a test module for you. It has a single item: Testbox in the TradeGoods category of the inventory.

The test module has 2 variants: unpublished (called StripeTestSource) and published (called StripeTestPublished). These 2 are exactly the same module with the same content the only difference being that one is published the other is not.

StripeTestSource has nothing removed from the module folder. Includes assets and assetsources like this:

Bgec8KR.png

This produces a clean thumbnail image like so:

FJ2YcNN.png

The other module is called StripeTestPublished which is exactly the same module, but published from the editor and thus, has the assets and assetsources removed.
L7l2jQF.png

This produces a striped thumbnail image like so (its a little hard to see sorry):
xkSYwl0.png

I have uploaded the test modules here for your convenience: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bxxYlAllZYzwyXphFDi9c68Slkk_dMFz/view?usp=share_link

Also, if you can reproduce this bug with only a single asset, It would make my job easier to directly test the failed scenario. I would be glad to have a module with a single item that fails the thumbnail renderer. Please let me know if this is possible.
Forgot to tag you or send my post as a reply. Hopefully this creates a notification for you. See info above.

Hi there,

I tried creating a new module and moving a Native asset to it (by removing from Native, adding to the newly created module). Say, a helmet. I added this item as a helmet in the newly created module and gave it an observable name. I can observe it in the game yet the thumbnails look fine. Can you reproduce this scenario with a single asset, or does it happen only when you add the whole module? I need to reproduce it but it doesn't seem to be happening on my side.

Thanks
Try installing a big asset mod like Open Source Armory. You'll definitely see it.

Incidentally, I was getting the Red Eye bug where all the character thumbnails have red eyes, and I saw a comment that it can be fixed by setting 'Texture Streaming Budget' to the highest setting, so I did that and it fixed the red eyes and also somewhat improved the stripey texture glitch on the mod assets. The problem's still there, but not as bad as before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom