[OSP][Music] Warband Live Music

Users who are viewing this thread

Your music is very good and has quite an atmosphere to it.  Thanks for the single link. 

I'm loving the samples I've heard. Is there any new battle music yet, are you planning on making some?

Also, how do I get this music working for a module? I put it in music but no dice.

This is fantastic pieces of ART CHUR!!

Your music really puts up a great deal of atmosphere, and suits really well to the middle ages. I love the dorma, saga and viking example. I will look forward for more!!

rejenorst, you have some very nice remixes - they sound greatly epic!

Anyone have any idea when this could become a mod? I have downloaded the chur_tracks.zip but don't know how to hear them ingame, and at correct times!

The first attempt to write not metal or folk (Chamber orchestra piece of track for the Age of Mythology mod)  :grin:
http://www.filefreak.com/files/837280_fa5hw/test.mp3

That's awesome! I really love the dark epic buildup in the strings and the final touches like the lyre at the end sounds awesome! Are you using live instruments or a mixture of synth instruments and real instruments?

Awesome work CHUR! I hope to see more of these :grin:

But I have a psychological problem: like a child I'm standig in front of world of REAL classic music with the great names of Basil Poledouris, Hans Zimmer etc. And I feel - I'm NOTHING!  :sad:  I'm just a little folk rock musician from unknown band.  Jesse Hopkins (Warband composer) will laugh at me because classic chamber orchestra - it's not my battlefield :???:

CHUR said:
But I have a psychological problem: like a child I'm standig in front of world of REAL classic music with the great names of Basil Poledouris, Hans Zimmer etc. And I feel - I'm NOTHING!  :sad:  I'm just a little folk rock musician from unknown band.  Jesse Hopkins (Warband composer) will laugh at me because classic chamber orchestra - it's not my battlefield :???:

Well, as far as i know. You are one of the rarely found-quality music composers around here which is a very few in amount. (3 or 4...)

So, you are much more than something, Bro. :smile:

No, need compare yourself with others. Stuff of yours is on my playlist for a long time already.

That new song is nice. It actually would fit well into my mod, instrumentwise and themewise. It just has a rather soon ending somehow but that's just me and my humble comment and obviously nothing but a desire for more.

This track just the beginning, work in progress, it have no end yet  :grin:
And my psychological problem I call the "problem of zoom"  :grin: -
when I look at the track (mine or not) in a short distance - I can understand its structure and what I need to do (or how it's made)
but when I look from a distance to entire scope of work (of other composers or the work whith I must to do) I'm starting to doubt can I fail
Сonclusion - I need just work on specific track and not to think how much more needs to be done...
So
We will eat the elephant in parts
:lol:
But I like Folk more than classic, sorry  :???: I think the orchestra must be as a background of folk...

Chamber orchestra should indeed be more of an ambience element, if in at all,  when it comes to your music. I'm not saying this one is bad, mind you. Quite the contrary - it's pretty awesome (though, for one, I'd like it to be longer; there's a lot of "space" for it to be developed further into a really grand piece), BUT...folk is what makes your music more distinctive and recognizable. Also, adds a lot more originality to the "regular" orchestral music, methinks. Like a painting - the outlines are just a matter of good (or not so) perspective, but the strokes are what makes the common painting art. Thus, as Ritter said, there's no need to compare yourself with others. Otherwise you'd turn into an imitator.

Put short - it's your thing, and you're good at it. Stick to it, as it's got great potential. Moreover, it sounds better with folk drafted in.  :smile:

Keep it up!

CHUR said:
I just need to work, common sense will help me to make it right...
Thanks for your advice  :smile:

Чур, а можно трэки перезалить? Например на megaupload.com там отличная скорость.

Благодарю.

i love all the tracks u made, but i just find ****ing amazing the mid eastern tracks u made (sarranid ones) Just great job, thx for making and sharing this with us!

Sorry for the long silence, but... I still want to make this music mod for Warband. But I have a problem - I like folk and medieval music, but it's mostly singing. And... what language? Vaegir? Nord? Sarranid? I don't think it must be English :???: And I can't sing always "m-m-m-m-m" So... How about non-existing language like the "dragon language"? Look at this and... What you think about "dragon language" for the Vaegir-Nord-Rhodok-etc nation songs?
Чур, а можно трэки перезалить? Например на megaupload.com там отличная скорость.
Я остановился на Фрикшаре только по одной причине - там ссылки дольше всего не сдыхают :???:

Well, that's something you don't hear every day  :neutral:

Made up language sounds good to me, pretty badass, actually - melody almost makes it comprehensable :razz: ...Which is the great part. Melody speaks itself, so to, uhm...speak.

I say go for it.

Or, you can make up a few languages, for each faction, too, and go for that. I do realize that'd be a ton of work though - just throwing ideas in.

Back
Top Bottom