Original SOD vs. SOD Warlords

Users who are viewing this thread

hannu14

Recruit
Which game will give me better gameplay experience right now? Mount and Blade: SOD or Mount and Blade Warband: SOD warlords?
I think that MnB:WB is better game than MnB but Original SOD beats SOD:Warlords because Warlords is still in progress...
What are the major differences between the two games?

So what do you guys think? Which game is better right now?

I don't think there's much justice in comparing a finished product with a work in progress.

The "original" SOD is a finished mod that has been developed for almost half a decade by a whole modding group and pushed vanilla MnB's technical capabilities to the limit in more than one regard. So if one wants a mod full of new features, factions, items, background elements, etc. without having to worry about when does the next patch/update come out, and you aren't bothered by the limitations of MnB (and occasional bugs), SOD will definetly give you a lasting experience.

SOD: Warlords has almost exclusively been shaped by Computica, and many features that worked well in the original SOD simply don't work out in Warband due to differences in coding and gameplay, and had/have to be thrown out of the window or remade from scratch - ie. the Mercenary Guilds system, which is still in the progress of re-making. Also, SOD: Warlords still has to advance to the point where story implementation may commence, so roleplay fans also have a long time to wait. But mark my word, if SOD: Warlord gets finished, it will outperform the original SOD many times over.

I think i will play the original SOD for now and give SOD warlords a try when its like version 4.5 or more :smile:

The "original" SOD is a finished mod that has been developed for almost half a decade by a whole modding group and pushed vanilla MnB's technical capabilities to the limit in more than one regard. So if one wants a mod full of new features, factions, items, background elements, etc. without having to worry about when does the next patch/update come out, and you aren't bothered by the limitations of MnB (and occasional bugs), SOD will definetly give you a lasting experience.
Well, finished would be the wrong term. The most current version is still a beta and there are quite some errors in it. However, no one is fixing those.
I have tested it and it does work most of the time, but sometimes you face crashes, buggy dialogues and the crossbows were ****ed up and lost their reach and power.

Computica's SoD Warlords is more stable than the old SoD. Let's not forget that M&B Warband is more polished and optimized than normal M&B.

Back
Top Bottom