Opinion: Your toaster computer is your own fault, not Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

I bought a pre-built Omen a year ago and it can play the game, but goddamn it definitely freezes up sometimes between low-mid graphics. I ordered more RAM, and might just have to buy a true gaming PC eventually.

The Store page literally disagrees with you, OP.

9a62afdecf.png

Plenty of people with performance issues that have far beyond these requirements.

FYI those are minimum. The recommended are much higher, and to fully max every is much higher than recommended.

Honestly I didn’t even know people were complaining about that. game runs smooth as all the butter in Praven and 60 frames per second for me. Don’t have the best pc either. I mean you would hope that the requirements would’ve gone up since Warband right?

I bought a pre-built Omen a year ago and it can play the game, but goddamn it definitely freezes up sometimes between low-mid graphics. I ordered more RAM, and might just have to buy a true gaming PC eventually.
I would look into your processor before you buy more ram I don’t use much ram in this game but I use a lot of processing when I look under task manager. Vram also seems to be important. But still processor is king for this game it seems.

I would look into your processor before you buy more ram I don’t use much ram in this game but I use a lot of processing when I look under task manager. Vram also seems to be important. But still processor is king for this game it seems.

Yeah, that's why I'm considering a new PC tbh. My CPU is my bottleneck, and I'm not going to try and upgrade my motherboard and cpu. I'd rather just buy a full rig and call it good for 3-5 years. The RAM, plus some manual file paging tweaks should help the freezing and I'll just play lower graphics until I can get a beast in here.

The Store page literally disagrees with you, OP.

9a62afdecf.png

Plenty of people with performance issues that have far beyond these requirements.
You are righ i am above the recommendations and the game when i play 1 or 2 hs it starts to stutter horribly and consume almost 12gb of ram wtf

I agree, though it won't stop me being sad that my cpu can barely handle battles
edit: nevermind I see that people with good pcs are also having issues.

I5 4670k
8GB Ram 1600
RTX 2060 Super
SSD

Custom battle runs 60 fps (capped) on Max settings, evens sieges I get little to no FPS drop. This is even with 1000 troops.

Enters single play - massive lag spikes in small 8 vs 6 battles. Literally unplayable. Loading times are fine tho.

CPU and GPU usage never about 60%. Can only assume it’s Ram related or bad optimisation.

I7 8086K @5Ghz
32GB ram @3000
RTX2080
m.2 NVME 1TB (installation drive)

Games runs at 1440p @144hz with maxed settings, no butter... I mean stutters. Drops occur in large battles to as low as 70FPS.

I am starting to think the issue people are encountering is Slow Ram speed vs what their CPU expects/needs. Most people just slap their ram in the mobo and think thats it, be honest now how many of you actually looked at the compatible ram information (requirements) for your CPU and not just what was compatible with your motherboards slots?

AMD themselves, they recommend 3600MHz CL16 as the sweet spot for Ryzen 3000 series processors just as an example. All CPU's have this, yes they will work with other ram but it has potential to cause issues. I could get very boring and explain how and why, but I will not here, simple result could be stuttering and other performance problems.

Last edited:
I7 8086K @5Ghz
32GB ram @3000
RTX2080

Games runs at 1440p @144hz with maxed settings, no butter... I mean stutters. Drops occur in large battles to as low as 70FPS.

I am starting to think the issue people are encountering is Slow Ram speed vs what their CPU expects/needs. Most people just slap their ram in the mobo and think thats it, be honest now how many of you actually looked at the compatible ram information (requirements) for your CPU and not just what was compatible with your motherboards slots?

AMD themselves, they recommend 3600MHz CL16 as the sweet spot for Ryzen 3000 series processors just as an example. All CPU's have this, yes they will work with other ram but it has potential to cause issues. I could get very boring and explain how and why, but I will not here, simple result could be stuttering and other performance problems.

Disclaimer: I’m absolutely not a computer expert.

But if this was the case, would stuttering not happen in most games?

In my case, single player stutters like crazy (even with a battle of 6 people).

Yet, custom battle runs perfect at max, even with a 1000 battle size.

Every other game in my library runs perfect at max setting.

GTX 970
i5-2500k 3700 Mhz
16gb ram
SSD
All software updated.

Game can't even start.
Haven't reached main menu yet.

So I'm guessing you need 10k EUR rig to reach 30 fps? :xf-smile:

depends on many variables, I am in no way saying the game isn't at fault here. I am just pointing out there is a very good possibility that a portion of people that are encountering issues caused it themselves.

I do not know how the game handles sending information from storage to memory to CPU and GPU, what I do know from my years of misery is that unless everything is optimal, it can produce weird and wonderful results. how the custom battles interact with the cpu and memory handler may not be the issue, it could be the world simulation that is going on in the game causing the issue. What I can say for sure, is if you are running memory that isn't optimal for your CPU, you can cause (for want of another word) flow issues, which would be perceived as stutters or lower than expected output.

the flow of data from your storage to components is almost the same as your internet connection. think of when you try watch a vid that doesnt have buffering from the internet and you get packet loss. it stutters and drops/skips frames and affects the max FPS. well the data from your storage to CPU etc can experience the same, especially in games. and the GPU tries to compensate by reducing down the FPS or worse skipping data.

So you can see there is a small chance optimisation may in fact improve the issue for many, but ultimately the optimisation is basically band aiding the underlying issue that some PC's (pre-built as well) are not built with the optimal components for each of the other components.

Unfortunately people pay too much attention to the CPU and GPU, make sure their MOBO is compatible and then chuck any old ram at their price point or speed preference into the system without a care from the CPU's requirements on memory and compatibility. It may surprise to know that it can be worse having Ram that too fast in a system as daft as that may seem.

Last edited:
Honestly I didn’t even know people were complaining about that. game runs smooth as all the butter in Praven and 60 frames per second for me. Don’t have the best pc either. I mean you would hope that the requirements would’ve gone up since Warband right?

Ignore the OP. The thing is, people with low end PCs that barely meet the minimum aren't complaining that they can't max out the graphics with a decent FPS- I don't know where you are getting that idea from. There have been complaints from people with above average/uber PCs that they are having terrible performance, which presumably the OP has confused in his mind for the purposes of making this smug, rude thread. I have a less powerful PC than the OP, in fact I have the 8gb and 3.2Ghz processor he declares is the reason for peoples' problems, yet I have good performance in the game while the people fuming are those with far more powerful rigs.

If it isn't clear yet; the issue is the same as for all new releases, which is that some players are having performance issues that the devs can fix, or else some idiosyncracy in the player's setup needs to be amended (changing a setting, new drivers etc.- there's lots that can throw a spanner in the works with PCs).

I7 8086K @5Ghz
32GB ram @3000
RTX2080

That does not explain why youtubers with rigs that cost 10.000€ or more having the same issues.
Custom Battle 1k troops all on max settings working fine. No FPS drops stutter etc. Same with custom sieges.
Loading 1 Campaign Siege where my game is atm and the game stutters and freezes. 100% issue of the game not the rig.

My problem with the performance is that I can play the MP with 80+ people at once, in the thickest of the action with stable 120 fps, but I get mad stutter and low fps in an SP scene with 5 dudes in it.
But sure, it has to be my hardware that is the problem...

Well, i have
FX 8350
1050ti
8Gb ram
The game is on a HDD

And it's been amazing, the game runs mostly in 60fps on medium-high settings and i rarely get stutters or fps drops.

Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K @5GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce (Asus Turbo) RTX2080Ti 11GB vram
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE Z390
Storage: 500GB M.2 2280 Black NVMe PCIe SSD
2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 64MB HDD
Monitor: Acer KG281k @3840x2610

I just want the crashes to go away :xf-cry::xf-cry:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.00 GHZ
8GB RAM
1060TI 6GB
I have it on a trash SSD
I haven't crashed even once, but I do get the kind of random stutters that I can only assume are memory related.
It goes away when I restart the game, gets worse when I save scum alot. My best guess is that I'm having a memory leak issue.

Let me say that bugs and crashing aside, stutter, as well as hardware-related bugs, but purely fps and performance, your potato computer is your own problem. Your 8gb ram 3.2 ghz processor is the problem.

I have very consistent FPS on a rig I built in 2015. This is computer gaming, you need a gaming computer.

This game is nowhere near the level of mediocrity that M&B and Warband were in the visuals department. If you were expecting a game that you could play with the same toaster, then you were delusional from the beginning. It has been 10 years of advancement in gaming, and TW obviously was able to pour more resources into this title, yet somehow this game runs even smoother than Warband for me.

I love butter

Specs
16 gb DDR3 1866
i7-4790K 4 core 4.0 ghz
gtx 970

Mate I'm on an 8700K and an RTX 2070 with 16gb of RAM and I still get drops under 60.

The game is not well optimised at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom