Online Skirmish Battle test phase (custom battle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yo M&B community,

I was wondering if Taleworlds ever thought about/mentioned doing a Battle test phase for the online community?
Cause with all the minor information getting revealed in the weekly blogs I think maybe they should just throw out a weekend of "battle" like the ones they did for "playtesting" during the Gaming Conventions.
It would most likely not be that much work considering they already put that state of the game to play for the public audience.

I think the positive effects would be HUGE considering that people who haven't had the chance to go to the live events are getting more and more
frustrated about the game being "delayed" (I know it didn't have a release date of any kind but everyone should understand what I mean with this delayed)
and it's not gonna spoil anything they are currently working on (no new mechanics/features from singleplayer/multiplayer being revealed) and
its gonna increase the hype of the online community by A LOT.

If this kind of post has already been made, I apologise for making this one and would ask the mods to simply close/delete it and point me towards the right thread.
Thanks for reading and give me your thoughts  :grin:

Cheers,
Tarek

p.s. If what I try to say is unclear I'm sorry for that as well I am 1. currently sick and 2. not a native english speaker (It did sound right in my head though so shrug  :roll: )

I know that back in 2016 when it was mentioned they wanted to get "the game into player's hands in some form" by the end of that year, it was speculated this was sort of what they meant, a "soft" mp release before the full thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered something like a "free weekend" of online mp a week or so before release, but seeing as we don't know when that will be yet, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Id say a multiplayer test is very likely considering what theyve said at past events about a likely "early access", although this was years ago now. I dont know when, but i assume not any time soon. Theyre gonna need something to grab peoples attention. Anybody who isnt a Warband fan probably has no idea about Bannerlord, but thatll probably change once Steam inevitably puts it all over the front page toward release.

I think I described it wrong in my OP. I meant just a singleplayer skirmish mode like they did on the Live events. just with the ONLINE community being able to play it.

aka you download only 1 map with 2 factions (set amount of troops etc all by taleworlds) and you can play it as often as you want (over a weekend or so).

pretty much this

just for everyone to play because as I said in OP not everyone has the possibility to go to a gaming convention.

Well, your example video is of a MP mode, as were the modes playtested at the convention. I believe they still wish to bring MP out first, but the last we heard about that was still when Capt. Lust was head of PR, and he was far more MP oriented. It's possible that with Callum here now we may see a SP beta or something, but as far as I know there has not been any discussion of that.

That being said, I don't play MP, and while I might give an early access beta a shot, I would love to get some beta time in some sort of SP mode like you described.

Lord Brutus said:
Anything that is not targeted at the single player audience will miss the point.  Way more people play Warband for single player than multiplayer.  I don't expect that to change for Bannerlord.

I kinda agree but at the same time Warband had a multiplayer beta. It's not meant to target either of the communities, but rather just to test out combat and whatnot. After all, combat is at the core of all M&B modes so it can decide whether youll enjoy the game or not... unless you want to let auto resolve do everything for you.

BayBear said:
Callum previously shot down the idea of a limited multiplayer test because we would get bored of playing just a small number of maps.

IIRC, he shot down the idea of an immediate multiplayer test based on the fact that there is no set date/time frame for release. When we approach the release date, it's possible that they'll put something out.

They've said it will happen but have given no time-frame. Personally don't see why we can't be testing (and fixing) the game now, it's obviously in a playable state and the negativity can't get any worse.

OurGloriousLeader said:
They've said it will happen but have given no time-frame. Personally don't see why we can't be testing (and fixing) the game now, it's obviously in a playable state and the negativity can't get any worse.

Not to mention it would help with balancing weapons, mounts and most likely other things as well.

Back
Top Bottom