Ok so it's a bad release, no big deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Pamper_Me said:
-1 This **** shouldn't be encouraged.

Play testing should happen missing horse textures... seriously all of these things are showing up in the first hour of game play. They clearly did no testing at all.

Birdtalon said:
It shouldn't be up to the consumers to test a game -after- it is released. There exists something called quality control which should be done before release!

+1

Considering this cost money and was released as a complete DLC, are they taking the piss?

I'm assuming they wont offer a refund, in which case how about they sort their **** out? Maybe they'll learn something for Bannerlord, release it when it works or not at all. Remember back when you purchased a game on CD and it was a 'complete' release that worked, like the original Mount & Blade and Warband could be purchased.

Rallix said:
Be useful guys. Report the bugs and make comments about what you think the source of the problem might be.
Don't be negative or act like an ass, just show the devs as much info as will be useful to them.

We aren't the beta testers, we're expecting a fully functional product. A few bugs or areas that needed patching is okay, and we will accept it. But whining about how the game doesn't even have properly functional battles (i.e. enemies spawn but will not move at all in battle) isn't being an ass.

RaVeN said:
Rallix said:
Be useful guys. Report the bugs and make comments about what you think the source of the problem might be.
Don't be negative or act like an ass, just show the devs as much info as will be useful to them.

We aren't the beta testers, we're expecting a fully functional product. A few bugs or areas that needed patching is okay, and we will accept it. But whining about how the game doesn't even have properly functional battles (i.e. enemies spawn but will not move at all in battle) isn't being an ass.

OMG one guy in 400 hundred in not moving. Unplayable!

LOL

kalarhan said:
RaVeN said:
Rallix said:

LOL

I must be blind, i missed the part in his post where he mentioned 400 guys and only one being bugged. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

But yeah guys, we should stop being assholes and be grateful that we all paid £8 for an extremely buggy DLC that most of us cant even play without crashes or gamebreaking bugs. We should all be glad that Kalarhan's game apparently works fine therefore there are no bugs in this game.

jepekula said:
I am not misintepreting anything, I am afraid. Horses having no textures sounds very much like a bug to me.
There is no reason to be a twat about the bugs, just report them and the devs will most likely fix most of them.

You don't seem to get it. Quality control exists for a reason. It doesn't appear to exist in this case.  It would have been easy for them to check the bugs, but they didn't bother.

Heskeytime said:
kalarhan said:
RaVeN said:
Rallix said:

LOL

I must be blind, i missed the part in his post where he mentioned 400 guys and only one being bugged. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

But yeah guys, we should stop being assholes and be grateful that we all paid £8 for an extremely buggy DLC that most of us cant even play without crashes or gamebreaking bugs. We should all be glad that Kalarhan's game apparently works fine therefore there are no bugs in this game.

Context is key. He is complaining about bots not moving. There is a bug report on this on the tech forum. I played for a couple hours. Took pics. Tested different stuff using a sandbox + itens/cash cheat.

The bug is that one npc tends to not move at all in battles. I did several with 300 to 1000 bots on a single map. Siege and non siege. The one guy stuck is annoying. CTRL+F4 fixes that.

It is not end of world. And it is not a bug of the kind: unplayable!

Good enough explanation for ya?

Heskeytime said:
kalarhan said:
RaVeN said:
Rallix said:

LOL

Praise be to Allah

To all the idiots ignoring the good advice given by Rallix: you cannot change the past: hindsight is 20/20. Sure, there could have been more work put into testing: an open beta would have probably been the best course of action; HOWEVER, what's happened has happened. If you want the game to be better, follow what Rallix said. Otherwise, ask for your money back and leave the forum forever, your presence is unwanted.

MadocComadrin said:
To all the idiots ignoring the good advice given by Rallix: you cannot change the past: hindsight is 20/20. Sure, there could have been more work put into testing: an open beta would have probably been the best course of action; HOWEVER, what's happened has happened. If you want the game to be better, follow what Rallix said. Otherwise, ask for your money back and leave the forum forever, your presence is unwanted.

****, i feel like an ******* idiot... for not thinking of that.

Money back, now.

MadocComadrin said:

Sorry, but you are totally being an ass, so that would be you not following Rallix' advice in the first place.

Bluebeard said:
Sorry, but you are totally being an ass, so that would be you not following Rallix' advice in the first place.
Me, an Ass? I used one "mean word" which I felt was poignant. If this makes me an ass, then the whole world's a donkey-pen. No, what Rallix is referring to is the repetitive whining and determined disparagement of the devs by a certain group of people who get their panties in a knot over things that can and most likely will soon be fixed. Things which would be fixed faster if more people helped to point the devs in the right direction.

MadocComadrin said:
Bluebeard said:
Me, an Ass? I used one "mean word" which I felt was poignant. If this makes me an ass, then the whole world's a donkey-pen. No, what Rallix is referring to is the repetitive whining and determined disparagement of the devs by a certain group of people who get their panties in a knot over things that can and most likely will soon be fixed. Things which would be fixed faster if more people helped to point the devs in the right direction.

You're being an ass for calling others "idiot" and for saying that their presence is unwanted, as if you were the holder of absolute truth and the speaker for the majority.

How about you just chill down a bit?

By the way, I don't know where you are from, but I come from a relatively civilized place and insulting others by calling them idiots is exactly the definition of being an ass :wink:  and is generally considered to be an unacceptable and childish behaviour, as much as whining (if not more).

if you enjoy this dlc you must be high on LSD.
this is the worst piece of **** mod in mount and blade I have ever seen.

Bluebeard said:
You're being an ass for calling others "idiot" and for saying that their presence is unwanted, as if you were the holder of absolute truth and the speaker for the majority.
Let me ask you a question, would you want to be around people who constantly whine and disparage a group of people over a relatively trivial reason-especially if those people have been long standing members of a tight-knit community and many (if not most of) the disparagers being people who haven't even been around for a day?

By the way, I don't know where you are from, but I come from a relatively civilized place and insulting others by calling them idiots is exactly the definition of being an ass :wink:  and is generally considered to be an unacceptable and childish behaviour, as much as whining (if not more).
I come from a place where civility isn't just a disguise for thin-skin. People are allowed to tailor there responses to the context and the situation. Like I said, I thought the word was poignant--especially since idiots are often people who ignore sound advice for petty reasons--and I used it. I did not swear without solid reason (or at all); I did not string together a chain of silly, irrelevant insults; I did not act out of line with the forum rules; I caused no reasonable person psychological harm; I did not systematically or repeatedly harangue any one person. I presented my sentiments as I wished, and while they were harsh and heated, they were not uncalled for or uncivil.

I recognize that the DLC is in a bad state.
Hell, I made that first post before I had even tried running the game. I can't actually even play in an MP server right now because the game window locks up and switches between two frames eternally until I end task.

But let's be clear on this. Mount & Blade games have a long history of game breaking bugs which get patched.

I expected something like this when I got the game. I would quite frankly have advised an open beta release for those who pre-ordered the game, because the devs definitely needed a wider tester base. There wasn't enough testing, and this was a fast release.

I think the bugs would have been more warmly received by everyone if it had WIP slapped on it.
But that's not what's happened. I'm not going to try and justify the state of the game.

I will however say that I've been around these games for six years, and I am completely confident that the bugs will be fixed.
So you can go bat**** and whine, and that's your right as a consumer when you get an incomplete or messy product.

But I myself will be doing my best to help these devs fix their game. I know that any Mount & Blade game has potential.
Ask for your money back if you don't want to play this DLC when its fixed. If you're willing to wait for a stable release, then don't whine. Help pick up the pieces.

MadocComadrin said:
Bluebeard said:
Let me ask you a question, would you want to be around people who constantly whine and disparage a group of people over a relatively trivial reason-especially if those people have been long standing members of a tight-knit community and many (if not most of) the disparagers being people who haven't even been around for a day?

Well, it seems to me you're the one having thin skin here.

I come from a place where civility isn't just a disguise for thin-skin. People are allowed to tailor there responses to the context and the situation. Like I said, I thought the word was poignant--especially since idiots are often people who ignore sound advice for petty reasons--and I used it. I did not swear without solid reason (or at all); I did not string together a chain of silly, irrelevant insults; I did not act out of line with the forum rules; I caused no reasonable person psychological harm; I did not systematically or repeatedly harangue any one person. I presented my sentiments as I wished, and while they were harsh and heated, they were not uncalled for or uncivil.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Civility is relative and it depends on a number of factors: culture, social class, age, gender, region of origin, just to list the most obvious.

Let's just say we have very different values and a different conception of civility and leave it at that.

Bluebeard said:
MadocComadrin said:

Well, it seems to me you're the one having thin skin here.
Not really. Defending a fellow modder and great asset to the community from this foolishness is not having thin skin. Besides, how does this answer the question?

Back
Top Bottom