Official Suggestions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

fUscM.jpg
JHISJ.jpg
9bCtu.jpg
2gZK6.jpg

:smile:

Comments:
1. I can't get the report to show up (Character Reports Screen for Injuries)
2. Haven't had much time to test it. So i dont know if it is fully working
3. I keep getting leg injuries, so im not sure if something broke...
4. Credits go to the TLD Team

Also some weapon suggestions:

1. Junk/makeshift swords.
2. Henry Rifle
3. Blackpowder rifles/shotguns and muzzleloaders.
4. Double-barreled shotguns.
5. Colt Python.

Oh, right, suggestions.
I'd kinda like to see some shields in the mod. Anything from trashcan lids to SWAT shields.
When I say SWAT shields,
th

polycarbonate-riot-shields.jpg
ROBO-3A.jpg
Be really handy for when you're up against two dozen people with M16s and there's no cover anywhere in sight.

Realistically, any AR would probably shoot right through those. They'd still be effective against smallarms, melee weapons and infected crowd control though. So I'm all for adding them. But all firearms above pistol level should get the "punch through shield/block" trait as well.

Teofish said:
Realistically, any AR would probably shoot right through those. They'd still be effective against smallarms, melee weapons and infected crowd control though. So I'm all for adding them. But all firearms above pistol level should get the "punch through shield/block" trait as well.

Should be two tiers of shields. Standard riot shield, good for melee/small guns, fast. Then a ballistic/tactical shield, slow but good for everything but the highest-caliber guns (snipers, S&W 500, etc.)

Teofish said:
Right, I completely forgot about that. It always bugs me when I'm watching a movie and the guy with the bullet proof vest is suddenly invincible.
In any case, it's not like you'd be any worse off for having a shield with you.

Excepting the fact that they're quite heavy and cumbersome as ****, no. In a survival situation I'd be really selective about where I'd bother dragging one.

It's not really. I'm just nitpicking for the hell of it at this point. I actually don't like it when realism is taken too far in games. Detracts from the fun'n-jolly-kill-kill-time. :razz:

Teofish said:
Excepting the fact that they're quite heavy and cumbersome as ****, no. In a survival situation I'd be really selective about where I'd bother dragging one.
It's up to what kind of firearm and what kind of shield we are talking about. A humble riot shield can barely take a pistol shot. But it's great versus small weapons such as fireaxe, knife and hammer so having one to defend against the zombie is kinda okay.

Infection on your party.

Wounded troop should be infected and on certain time, they will keep infecting unwounded troops, which the max for infected is 15, when they all fully infected, you should have a pop up screen like the low morale desertiom saying "An infected troop has infects your men!" And then show which and how much troop is infected, then you randomly got a pop up screen that says "As you were travelling with your men, you hear moans and growl, as you turn around, you see your troops has turned into those walking deads" And have two options.
1. "Order your men to stay away from the infected and shoot at them." Which gives your party 1 morale lost.
2.  "Ignore it and continue travelling" Which gives HEAVY impact on morale. 60 morale lost, which results lost of unwounded troops, and self wounds.

Something that crossed my mind lately.

About crossbows and bows. Currently, we've got wooden Recurve bows and arrows, along with wooden crossbows and bolts, just like we had in vanilla M&B.
NmvsV.jpg
Thing is, if we are living in post apocalyptic 2019, don't y'all think we would have some more modernized weaponry? You'd obviously be much better off with Compound bows and crossbows. Besides they would be way easier to find nowadays anyway.
Such as:
ViJpS.jpg
33vSK.jpg
You could also go as far as to add carbon fiber arrows and bolts, be better than shooting sharp sticks. I don't know how much you'd want to price those for though, as they might be a bit hard to come by. As it is, Crossbow Bolts cost almost $10 a piece in New York (Holy crap, amirite?  :shock: ), although I imagine it's a bit different down south, and it would most certainly be different during the apocalypse.

I just can't stand charging at groups of zombies with the current bows or crossbows, I hate it when I'm not in "Fashion!"
Having a modern crossbow, on the other hand, would be bad ass, IMO. Perhaps not as useful as most rifles, in some situations, but still.

Hum, I just discovered this mod WIP, and I had to come in here and say: I'm impressed as sheits.

Of all the zombie-apo I've searched and tried, and as a super warband-and-mods fan, I had never thought about a zombie post-apo warband mod!!
And guess what, it looks ans seem amazing! and promising! Such enthusiasm.

My main suggestion: please keep working on this marvel, I hope it will at least see a beta version one day :smile:

My 2nd main suggestion for the game: if posible, I believe the most important feature would be to make headshots / hits count only.
And make it hard to find firearms and ammo, so it is more common to see people using basic weapons and striving (such as bows hehe).

And put various small factions

Of course, there must be 1000 of great suggestions out there, so don't be intimidated, and I trust you'll prioritize them well :smile:

If ammunition is going to remain limited to five types, then I suggest replacing "9mm Rounds" and other such specific names with the following generic names:

Automatic Pistol Cartridges
Revolver Cartridges
Small Caliber Rifle Cartridges
Large Caliber Rifle Cartridges
Shotgun Shells

Making them generic is preferable, in my opinion, to mislabeling the type of ammo a real weapon uses, while still keeping the ammo types limited.

Love this mod so far, I have a couple of suggestions to the mod.

One suggestion is that it only seems that the open terrorities up for grabs seem to be only dominated by humans. In a zombie world I would imagine there would be a couple of places that would be up for grabs that zombies guard. I would suggest to make a zombie faction that control cities, prisons, and what not. These areas will spawn zombie bands and very rarely hordes that go around the world map, and continue until they are cleared out and controlled by certain factions. Perhaps certain rare zombies that perhaps function akin to the special infected from dead island or l4d would lead these hordes or protect these areas. It would get incredibly bland and easy once a player gets used to kill the regular zombies and I believe it would spice things out.

Another one is perhaps a quest chain like in light & darkness or like fire and sword that advances the story in the game, maybe quest chains with your companions especially ones with your family members.

Item repairing or at least a blacksmith like in light & darkness mod that can repair your weapons, improve them to from cracked to lordly, and other weapon customization features such as scopes, laser sights, expanded magazines and what not.

Finally see if its possible to give certain factions a certain flavour in gameplay elements. I would imagine some factions have more resources or better organized than others like the US Army vs the Aryan Brotherhood. If you belong or at least are in a US Army market I would imagine that the US army would still have gunsmiths and factories so ammo would be cheaper there along with advanced body armour but the Aryan Brotherhood I would imagine would have fantastic melee weaponry so you can get better melee weapons.

I hope this mod gets an update soon since I cant get enough of it.

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
May i suggest you use face textures, i made for another mod? Maybe (as far as you use children in game) they would be useful for you.
Here we are
Thanks, with your permission I might use them as a base and alter them slightly? They are 512*512 at the moment which is a bit low res compared to the other faces I have. They look good tho

FireWArlords said:
Hi!

would have possibility to make a version with fewer resources for those who do not have a decent pc?
Probably not, the idea of spending time working on the mod only to be removing features does not appeal to me (or make any sense imo)

La Grandmaster said:
Thanks, with your permission I might use them as a base and alter them slightly? They are 512*512 at the moment which is a bit low res compared to the other faces I have. They look good tho
thanx, sure, do what you want - to tell the truth i'm fan of your mod. So, it would be great if my pictures are not so bad, you still can use them)

Back
Top Bottom