Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Docm30 said:
Everyone getting runtime errors seems to have 512MB of VRAM, so I'd wager that's the problem. I suspect that such a card can just barely managed the native game and with the extra content of the mod, it's too much. Maybe once I unplug all the unused native content it'll help, so stay tuned for that.

Also, I think I figured out the morale problem some people were reporting. I had a bunch of troops set to the wrong faction and you lose morale when you mix troops of different factions.

I don't understand why everyone with 512mb vram is getting a runtime error. I haven't yet to get one and I have 512 mb, maybe because I have a apu and not a cpu?

2.1ghz quad core apu
512 mb vram
4gb ddr3 ram

And I ran intensive mods like Full invasion 2 (low res tho, that maxed my 4 gigs of ram) and ACOK, Brytenwalda, 1257 A.D , among most other mods.

The French city of Bourges is wrongly called Bouges in the Mod.  Also my army cost no money per week, I'm currently a mercenary for the French faction.

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
Docm30 said:
Everyone getting runtime errors seems to have 512MB of VRAM, so I'd wager that's the problem. I suspect that such a card can just barely managed the native game and with the extra content of the mod, it's too much. Maybe once I unplug all the unused native content it'll help, so stay tuned for that.

Also, I think I figured out the morale problem some people were reporting. I had a bunch of troops set to the wrong faction and you lose morale when you mix troops of different factions.

I don't understand why everyone with 512mb vram is getting a runtime error. I haven't yet to get one and I have 512 mb, maybe because I have a apu and not a cpu?

2.1ghz quad core apu
512 mb vram
4gb ddr3 ram

And I ran intensive mods like Full invasion 2 (low res tho, that maxed my 4 gigs of ram) and ACOK, Brytenwalda, 1257 A.D , among most other mods.
Just out of curiosity. Is your operative system 32 or 64bit?

Articulo34 said:
Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
Docm30 said:

2.1ghz quad core apu
512 mb vram
4gb ddr3 ram

Ofcourse 64 bit. 64 bit is used for computers with 4 gigs of ram or more. 32 bit is used for less then 4 gigs of ram.

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
Articulo34 said:
Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
Docm30 said:

2.1ghz quad core apu
512 mb vram
4gb ddr3 ram

Ofcourse 64 bit. 64 bit is used for computers with 4 gigs of ram or more. 32 bit is used for less then 4 gigs of ram.

Ive got a 32 bit computer with 4gb RAM, maybe having a 32bit is the issue?

Just a question in regards to possible bug or just unfinished part.

With Britain, are the 60th rifles recruits supposed to advance into something else. Their troop tree isnt there. This also applies to Scottish Highland infantry who also seem to be at recruit only, btw, I cannot even find how to recruit them :S

I will take the assumption it is unfinished and will be addressed in some form at a later date.

edit: just noticed while I was sorting out the troop file. BTW @Docm, the French certainly had a hell of a lot more of troops than they should have haha. Practically ever nations cavalry :p

Hi there !

I hope i won't be rejected because of my bug report  :sad:

I first want to say that this mod is the most beautiful mod for M&B i've ever seen, really... Nice work Doc  :grin:

So... I wanted to play it on my brand new Macbook Pro 15" Retina with Graphic card and stuff, BUT, unfortunately, when I launch the game, I have no texts  :shock:
When i click on where text should be, it works, i can start a battle for example but it is too approximative, the campaign is unplayable...

Yes I know you said it is a windows mod, but other mods works fine on Mac and it is just a text matter :sad:

Have to say it works fine on my ****ty pc, even if as someone said, the factions are staying in their cities and you can't fight until you attack those cities...

I hope I have been clear, i'm sorry for my english, i'm a french guy  :neutral:

Happy New Year to you and again, congratulation for your amazing work, hope you'll read this  :cry:

I have a few questions about the mod.

"Tournaments and Arenas redone to include shooting, fencing and prizefighting"

I only encountered prizefighting so far. Is there an option to participate in a tournament? Is there a way to fight duels?

"Earn fame and glory by capturing enemy standards and presenting them to your regent"

How can I capture such a thing? Where can I find it? I've defeated rather large armies but still, no standards anywhere.

"Military ranks earned in battle or purchased by commisson"

Is it possible to make the promotion system public? How many renown or glory points needed to achive the next rank, etc.

Thank you very much, the mod is great, keep up the good work!

I'll just quote my post in case the developers didn't see it.

The Bowman said:
Since there is no official thread yet, I would like to express my experience while playing the mod and perhaps help find unknown issues with the mod.

- There is an issue with troop skills in the Prussian troop tree. Upgrading a Musketeer to a Veteran Musketeer results in less weapon proficiency points. Thus, the regular Musketeer has like 115 points for Muskets, while the veteran one has 105.
- The impact of cannon rounds with the ground produce no particle effects.
- Serious lack of bandits, which results is low income sources.
- Imbalanced economy. Lack of income sources (probably a known issue).
- Impossible to buy a Flag Bearer.
- Occasional visual issue:
qb5oqc.jpg
- A Prussian village seemingly has a wrong scene code, which leads to this:
ByP1e0.jpg

I'll probably add more things that I don't remember for now.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this release and I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this mod. Even though it's still an alpha, it has unprecedented quality and a lot of potential. I wish you the best of luck.

I have issues with the starting mission at Vienna(don't know if it's the same for other factions, only tried to start the game at Vienna so far).

When i have to take out the smugglers, their leader is nearly impenetrable. This means, only bullets do him damage. Swords and bayonets don't damage him. It's like trying to stab a friendly unit

Balance issue:

- Price for food should be greatly decreased
  - Ransom Brookers took me pirates 112 francs each
  - The salt can be sold at a very high price
  - Bot accuracy must be improved and maybe damages to, they can't hit anything, whdn they do, they only wound

I like that ghost trooper thingy  :grin:

In the battlefield where you have a hills behind you, some of the plants are floating, forgot to take screenshot but I can if needed.

Anyway, is the wages fixed for the next patch ?

neozsivany said:

I only encountered prizefighting so far. Is there an option to participate in a tournament? Is there a way to fight duels?

"Earn fame and glory by capturing enemy standards and presenting them to your regent"

How can I capture such a thing? Where can I find it? I've defeated rather large armies but still, no standards anywhere.

Is it possible to make the promotion system public? How many renown or glory points needed to achive the next rank, etc.

1. I think prizefighting is only implemented at this stage.
2. U have to either end up with one in the loot screen or easier yet, when u see one on the field, pick it up and it will be placed in your inventory, after you can take to your depot for some renown.
3. Have no idea for renown and glory points. As for commissions all I know so far is a lieutenants commission costs around 13750 francs.

The pinus_eastern and pinus_sylv trees need to have their collision meshes checked - the specific tree that I encountered the collision issue with is known as pine_4 in flora.txt.

tuXKtBv.jpg

MPRq3Yi.jpg

However despite the issues, a fantastic job on the mod so far!

You can buy the uniform of Hungarian Grenadiers at the Military Depot of the Rheinbund.
This might be a bug.

General K said:
neozsivany said:

1. I think prizefighting is only implemented at this stage.
2. U have to either end up with one in the loot screen or easier yet, when u see one on the field, pick it up and it will be placed in your inventory, after you can take to your depot for some renown.
3. Have no idea for renown and glory points. As for commissions all I know so far is a lieutenants commission costs around 13750 francs.

Yeah, I already tried to take a banner, but it never appeared in my inventory...

1-Musket shot in the face 0 damage
2-Its allways raining
3-My men wear the winter coat even in summer
4-The starter mission guy can give u infinite gold

The bugs i found before:

Some problems i got:

- The Anti-cav square, when i do f2-f5 (square formation is anti-cav square right?) my line forms 5 rows and thats it.

Picture:

MeuJe0j.jpg

- When i went to the Military Depot in Het Koninkrijk Holland with more than 30 of the same infantry unit i didnt get a flag bearer. I can keep clicking the "Recruit flag bearers" option but nothing happens.

-In Het Koninkrijk Holland, there is a village called Almere. But Almere didnt exist yet back then. (does this count as bug also?)
"Almere is the newest city in the Netherlands: the land on which Almere sits, the Southern Flevoland Polder, was reclaimed from the IJsselmeer in 1959-68. The first house was finished in 1976" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almere)

On the place you put Almere, you can maybe better put Amersfoort there if you look at this map.
http://www.atlasenkaart.nl/nederlands/toonkaart.php?kaart=4807

and the new one:

- When you crouch with a pistol you cannot aim or fire.

I am pressing the left mouse button at this picture and you see what happens:

IStlNaq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom