Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Damn , this thread looks so dead.
So okay , I tried to make a sword after a decades. I tried to keep it low as possible. It's 238 Poly. I don't have any spesific reference but I tried to make something like Persian-Seljuk Sultan Sword, with rich ornaments. It took me 1,5 hour to make this , I wasn't that much quick , like old times  :razz: Metallic/sharp part looks quite blurry , Im aware of that and Im intend to fix it after I work on all other suggestions.
0e_lg.png
IedHz.png
H8KEc.jpg

KTAnjel said:
I have made Japanese medieval house interior. Please give me some  advice!
AlBQOjb.jpg
eN7HCYB.jpg

That chest looks too glossy, I think.
From what I remember Warband has no support for gloss maps, so maybe you can fake it with specular map, creating islands o various specular intensity.

Thanks ElPadrino. Your material is nice. And I think you make the flag more wavy, it will get dramatic looking.

Cruor_Volt said:
KTAnjel said:
I have made Japanese medieval house interior. Please give me some  advice!
AlBQOjb.jpg
eN7HCYB.jpg

That chest looks too glossy, I think.
From what I remember Warband has no support for gloss maps, so maybe you can fake it with specular map, creating islands o various specular intensity.

Yes, I intended to make glossy. So I have tried to adjust coefficient and specRGB value many times. However, still something is different from my real intention. Object became metalic.
I'm thinking about I have to redraw specular map.  :roll:

I'm modeling Arno  :grin:
untitled5.jpg

here is the concept art: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:ACU_DK-Arno_concept.jpg

my very first model for warband. what do you think?

ap_copy_by_yalazer-d913rhn.jpg

wp_copy_by_yalazer-d913s15.jpg

that armor is based on default lamelar vest , i added that board-vest-kinda thing to it.
beside that everything else is 100% my creation , please give me feed back friend.

anyway, if you are interested to download :

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,335603.msg7956603.html#msg7956603

huehehe :>

in fact , this is my first try to deal with normal and spec map and all that thing.
used to model and texturing for goldsource engine. my modelling for stiff object is fine i guess, but the problem is the texturing thing.

some time the specular to glossy some time not gloss at all
and the normal
some time the normal is just to "reilef look like" , some time its look plain flat.

so. friends , in your opinion , what should i do to make a better pack?
(say everything but "practice your modelling" cause i already do it every day)
:>

Nice looking buildings, Adorno!

By the way has anyone used a painting software called Substance Painter? I'm trying to step up from my bounds of Photoshop and be able to eliminate the problems of making something seamless. Would anybody recommend trying something other than Substance Painter?

Back
Top Bottom