Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

The helmet looks great! How many polys?

Edit: I wish I could help you with the spec/transparency map, but I haven't even bothered with transparency maps yet, and I'm lucky to make a spec map.

Open your OpenBRF , add your specular texture then set your RGB(15,15,15) and Coeff(20) settings and set your Flags to "4760".I hope It will help you

Yes it got a normal map. I managed to get it to work now!

Settings I used!

Shader:

specular_shader_noskin_bump_high

Flags:

Textures:

Diffuse map DXT1 1bit Alpha

Normal map DXT1 No Alpha

Specular map DXT1 No Alpha

Here comes pics!

Normal Camera View
2013_02_03_00002.jpg

Shift Zoomed Camera View
2013_02_03_00003.jpg

I think it look pretty good :grin: Hope you guys like it!

Okey I figured something else out.

Tried same settings but instead with a Dxt5 Interpolated Alpha

And the result is with Normal Camera View and you can see clearly trough the transparent parts

2013_02_03_00004.jpg

So for this model i had to uv map the front in a part disconnected from the rest or else it got stretched funny. Up close it looks fine.
But when you zoom out, weird grey lines appear at the seams of the different UV sections. Any way to fix this? It's really annoying in game, my uniforms suddenly have ugly lines on them.

Heres an image, you can see the line when zoomed out.
fTeKk3f.png

It looks like a different part of the texture bleeding through on the mipmap. The grey part that's appearing is presumably on the texture, so you'll have to extend the blue part a bit further on the texture.

Docm30 said:
It looks like a different part of the texture bleeding through on the mipmap. The grey part that's appearing is presumably on the texture, so you'll have to extend the blue part a bit further on the texture.

Thanks Docm that worked. So in future always make the texture bigger than the UV map overlay right? I usually have always done the texture right at the edge of the UV map.

ka-bar looks crazy small son. Apart from that i would say the silhouette is a little plain for a high-res thing. Thats more a matter of taste i guess. In my opinion varied and bulky silhouettes read real well.

Harry_ said:
ka-bar looks crazy small son. Apart from that i would say the silhouette is a little plain for a high-res thing. Thats more a matter of taste i guess. In my opinion varied and bulky silhouettes read real well.

i see what you mean, i was scared for some reason going over 10k so it turned out to be around 6k lool. it took me too long to finish it so last few days were just to throw it out there. next time i'll go nuts. besides the digi camo really kills the small details.

@CurtisWS:  Great job for 6K :smile:

Anyhow, I know you're sick to death of looking at him (and I don't blame you a bit on that, I tend to get sick of them at that point too, lol).  Here are some things you might want to look at if you go for a last polish pass later.  It's all little nit-pick stuff for the most part:

us_soldier_critique.jpg

Back
Top Bottom