Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

CurtisWS said:
skull for modeling heads, gonna use it as a guide.

aB7BB.png
Always good to know basic anatomy to model humans. Fits your Da Vinci avatar  :smile:
You didn't make the mastoid process (the bone behind the ear), and the back of the head looks a bit long (or I'm being pedantic).
Other than that it looks exactly like the ones in my anatomy books.  :smile:

SacredStoneHead said:
@Tatari_okan:

Nice work on the feather.

Don't know if it's a WIP, but it needs attention on the mail/helmet transition, just make an extrusion or something, so the mail will look like it is slightly in other plane than the helmet.

The details are lined black, and are very pointy. Round them and try to blend the color of the lines with the metal below it.

Adding some depth to some parts (such concavities) would give it a more interesting look.

Also, try working around the feather insertion. Adding a noseguard would be good too.
Thanks for comments and suggestions. Yes, it is still in progress, but I haven't planned what I'm going to do on this model that much, and not working on it disciplined way (I  make some changes and add somethings when I get bored). Here is how it looks like right now:
resmigfpf.png

Adorno said:
Always good to know basic anatomy to model humans. Fits your Da Vinci avatar  :smile:
You didn't make the mastoid process (the bone behind the ear), and the back of the head looks a bit long (or I'm being pedantic).
Other than that it looks exactly like the ones in my anatomy books.  :smile:

Oh man, thanks. I didn't even notice it, I used fairly darkish reference couldn't see it. Thanks!

I have a question: sometimes textures get this green'ish colour in daylight.

This is from Napoleonic Wars:

This is daylight - slightly green shadow.

This is dusk - looks fine.

It only has a normal map, no specular, and only happens to some textures.

Does anyone know why that happens?

It´s the shader probably you use, "specular_shader_skin_bump_high". Normally a scene prop has the "static_bump" shader or "bump_static", i am not sure, a disadvantage is that you can´t use a specular which make every prop darker, than it should be. I have no solution for that problem.

Something you can see for skinned characters is that Taleworlds tried to fake ambient lighting... If most of the ground in a scene is grass, you'll have some green-ish lighting from below and possibly the sides.

You can try using either the static bump or the standart_shader_bump_high_no_terrain_color (not sure about the exact name). Those shaders don't take into account the ambient light from the ground. All other standart_ specular_ and nospecular_ shaders do have ambient light from the ground. The ground ambient color depends on the ground type the object is on, so if you'd put it on snow it will probably be white.

Sayd Ûthman said:
I think it will look awesome with normal map, but try to soften the lines
You mean I shouldn't use hard edges or I should lighten drawn lines a little bit?

It is finished for now, maybe I work on it some other time if I want. Sorry for picture, while I made background transparent, also the model was effected.
resmigrjr.png
Edit: Better picture.
resmigece.png

Back
Top Bottom