NW_Offical_US being forced to change name

Users who are viewing this thread

i don't see why i should have to change my name just to play this morning, ive played on this server many times before and i have played on many others with my name, my name is 50th_Line_Lcpl_Niggzie, i wasn't told what was wrong at first i was just told to change it then kicked, after rejoining i asked why i should and whats wrong with it i was told it was a racial slur asking what part was i was told "niggzie" is offensive. i informed the admin Brave_Chicken that niggzie had been my nickname since i was about 10 years old, im now 20 so for 10 years my friends have called me Niggzie  ( full name is Nigel Edwards) so i would like it if the head admin get in touch with me, Brave_Chicken was not rude to me in the slightest so im not complaining i was just asking about the name issue :smile:.

Well, racial slurs in some cases are opinion matters. 'Niggzie' can be seen as '*****', which can be seen as a racial slur. Some admins think this is not allowed, some do. I'd think it's fine, but it depends on the admin at that moment. So I don't think it's that big of a deal (although I'm not an admin :razz:), just send a PM to an head admin.
Edit: Apperently I can't post the slur, but I think you get what I mean.

Yeah its never been a problem before a few people have asked about it but once i told them they just said ok, how would i go about getting hold of the head admin for NW_OFFICAL_US_1 

cheers for the reply :smile:

./sigh people are always looking for an offensive meaning in a name, or sentence.

Good luck with getting approval for the name Nigel.

The way I see it, you can create more then one username on Napoleonic Wars, what is wrong with taking a couple seconds out of your life to change accounts that can't be seen as racial? For gods sake, a name like 'taco' that takes a second to to type and a couple seconds to click on could have stopped this from happening. Think about other peoples perspective before your own. Niggzie sounds an awful bit alike like another word.

PrideofNi said:
Don't how it relates to said offensive word if I am honest.
They're pretty similar...

My take is that he should keep the name, and if no one else cares then the name can be kept. But if someone in the future complains then the name should be changed.

McEwanMaster77 said:
PrideofNi said:
Don't how it relates to said offensive word if I am honest.
They're pretty similar...

My take is that he should keep the name, and if no one else cares then the name can be kept. But if someone in the future complains then the name should be changed.

I'd like to make a complaint, NIGGZIE is too much like FETTY. I don't like it, change your name Nigel. It's offensive to us fetties.

Xeroth said:
    The way I see it, you can create more then one username on Napoleonic Wars, what is wrong with taking a couple seconds out of your life to change accounts that can't be seen as racial? For gods sake, a name like 'taco' that takes a second to to type and a couple seconds to click on could have stopped this from happening. Think about other peoples perspective before your own. Niggzie sounds an awful bit alike like another word.
It's not about not wanting to take the time to create another account, it's a principle matter. Why should you be punished for a name that might in a certain way relate to something racial, if that was in no way your intension?

Maroon said:
Xeroth said:
It's not about not wanting to take the time to create another account, it's a principle matter. Why should you be punished for a name that might in a certain way relate to something racial, if that was in no way your intension?

Because some people are hyper sensitive to anything that might relate to anything wrong in the past, unfortunatly coupled with a lack of understanding for "Racism" it often gets slung around as much as Pies at a clown parade ... you can't walk for a meter with SPLAT that big pie slamming you in the jaw line, exploding and somehow making you look like an idiot, when really it was just "Wrong place, wrong time".

Personally Niggzie is just a name, you could also get away from with "Niger" for infact its a country or the name of a river more than often mistaken for the RR expression related to slavery.

I'd now start looking at "Hat" as the word "Hate", and the words "Pace" with the word "Peace" ... its about as logical really with "Slurring", its just people trying to find a way for themselves to try and look good by hammering the "Racist" who is infact not racist (By definition).

Kator Viridian said:
Maroon said:
Xeroth said:

Because some people are hyper sensitive to anything that might relate to anything wrong in the past, unfortunatly coupled with a lack of understanding for "Racism" it often gets slung around as much as Pies at a clown parade ... you can't walk for a meter with SPLAT that big pie slamming you in the jaw line, exploding and somehow making you look like an idiot, when really it was just "Wrong place, wrong time".

Personally Niggzie is just a name, you could also get away from with "Niger" for infact its a country or the name of a river more than often mistaken for the RR expression related to slavery.

I'd now start looking at "Hat" as the word "Hate", and the words "Pace" with the word "Peace" ... its about as logical really with "Slurring", its just people trying to find a way for themselves to try and look good by hammering the "Racist" who is infact not racist (By definition).

Completely agreed.

Back
Top Bottom