[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feldmarschall_Ben said:
Most people want to identify themselves with different units.
That´s why regiments are existing. A bunch of people fights as the same unit and tries to be the very best.

In NW for example I really enjoy being leader of the nummero 59 regiments, since we have our own skin we can indentify ourselves with our own unit.
It would be exactly the same thing in your mod. The people should be able to play as some of maybe their forefathers regiments. It wouldn´t just make proud, no, I would say in games like these it is also a patriotic matter. Sadly such matters could also be dangerous but if everyone behaves this mod would be awesome.

For example: I can´t wait until austria-hungary is added since I would really like to play as on of the "soldiers of the emperor" (*cough add *cough *cough the Nummero 59 *cough *cough) Everyone should be able to do this. And if someone really would like to see one of his favourite regiments ingame but I won´t be added by the creator they will surely create a skin... That would be hard or maybe even impossible you choose the other option in your poll.

I hope to see some nice regiments....... (Freedom of Speech, hurraay)
wrath7 said:
Tareth said:
pod455 said:
What about different units with a small handful of variety? it may take longer to release but i like the idea
Wouldnt that settle the debate?

+1

It would be so much better, really. :smile: Then you would have more individuality as people want. And if you start with one standard unit, you can later add more units with patches. Then we've got the best of both worlds!

Just make sure there is no machinegun spamming >:neutral:. If you have different units in-game, it's preventable, and that is why I voted for Variety of Units.

This seems fine, but there would need to be some essential variations added, the the kilts that are iconic to certain regiments that are very popular. I suppose any class of soldier that fought on the western front would be fine to add as a choice. But if you take away variety you kind of take away the whole feeling of a "World War". the amazing thing about ww1 was that there were so many different factions that united under a single cause and there were so many different soldiers that fought together. People from all over the British Empire fought together on the western front, which would include mercenary units fro Africa, Australians, Canadians, Irishmen, etc. And the Germans were similar. So to take away variety would  defeat that element of diversity which was one of the few great things about the Great War, imo
Cosmic_Nate said:
I like varsity it adds flavor and spice as well as choice

Like imagine of evyone on be was playing the frei korps you would get bored of them and go landwher to be unique or just spice it up
Because WWI is a war of such mass production in materials and soldiers, I feel that it would be represented very well with a standard unit. Not a lot of people were part of a uniquely different regiment, in prestige or appearance. This mod is no different. The vast majority of playets/regiments will not be able to choose a truly unique regiment, so why add something that will not truly extend to every player?

And, because of that and the fact that this war had such a magnitude of destruction, I find individuality within a faceless military mass more important than the presence of a few different and isolated units that could be, in the real war, wiped out completely in a matter of hours. In the war, if the soldiers couldn't make their units unique, they made themselves as unique as possible, for reasons ranging from links to their familiar pre-war lives to the fear they would be forgotten if their bodies couldn't be identified. I find that much more profound than anything else, and it is something I feel we should focus on.

Really nice mod so far. :grin:

I would say make a combination, make some different units, like Bacon said, but still have minor variations.
Maybe something they do in the North and South mod? :idea:

Anyway, good luck with this project! :grin:

I like what McEwan said, what if you made appearance the same and made a wide variety of facial customizations?
Edit: 100th page yays

main100CelebrationMasks.jpg

yay! got it to work! Thx beta!

cause your supposed to click the image to view
and then copy the link of the image or right click on the image and click copy image location and copy here

hey someone said about an earlier release but still working on scene props something like that whats it mean???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rigadoon said:
Units Poll

So we need opinions on what the unit system should be like. For normal infantry, should we have several different units with different uniforms(like NW) or just restrict the players to be normal soldiers with standard uniforms(normal FPS)? While we do take the poll results into account, written responses that provide strong arguments are much more influential to our decisions. Just like the last poll, the poll results do not decide what we choose to do.

Points to think about on the 2nd Option(normal soldiers with standard uniforms)

-We'll be able to get a release out earlier and spend more time on things like weapons and scene props.
This is what was said

Like the landwher? They have uniform varatiojs that randomise on the dame unit

Don't like randomly spawning as something you don't like without a choice, lets say toy spawned and had a helmet on and if you had a choice you would use a turban nut you have to put up with it

Rigadoon said:
Looks like we reached 300 members on our steam group the same day we got 100 pages! Thanks for all the support!
Wow wait steam group why the hell am I not in this group !!
let me fix that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom