[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry_ said:
Cosmic_Nate said:
mines were planted underground in tunnels, they would put them under the enmey tranches.

The biggest amount of explosives detonated in the war was an underground bomb

It left a huge crater that is massive

you are not describing an explosive mine at this point, you are describing the act of mining/tunneling in a different sense. That obviously cant be portrayed in the MnB engine and wouldnt be a measure against rushing like you mentioned either.
Both are called mines. One is a "land mine" and one is a "tunnel mine". Both involve explosives. So yeah, he is describing an explosive mine, unless you are a nitpicky knowitall.

Does it ever get tiring having to be right all the time?

pod455 said:
Is there going to be a prone position? Sorry if it has been asked before

For now, I'm going to say no.

Cosmic_Nate said:
Good idea, is there anything to say... Stop me from walking around the battlefield and taking the germen back trench?

I think Harry is right, it's doubtful that anybody will get that far without being shot. If they do manage to get through, well its the team's fault for not properly defending their trench.

How is the progress of the mod?? Very slow, slow, average, above average, high, very high, excellent...

And don't forget the food variety, leadership and recent events.

images

djogloc02 said:
How is the progress of the mod?? Very slow, slow, average, above average, high, very high, excellent...

images

Well I don't know what you consider slow or fast. But I think we're doing alright. We're certainly working slower than the first few weeks, but that seems to be the case for all new mods. So work is still going strong and we're making good progress.

5arge said:
Harry_ said:
Cosmic_Nate said:
mines were planted underground in tunnels, they would put them under the enmey tranches.

The biggest amount of explosives detonated in the war was an underground bomb

It left a huge crater that is massive

you are not describing an explosive mine at this point, you are describing the act of mining/tunneling in a different sense. That obviously cant be portrayed in the MnB engine and wouldnt be a measure against rushing like you mentioned either.
Both are called mines. One is a "land mine" and one is a "tunnel mine". Both involve explosives. So yeah, he is describing an explosive mine, unless you are a nitpicky knowitall.

Does it ever get tiring having to be right all the time?

if he was in fact talking about tunneling sappers placing subterranean bombs under enemy positions, then my question is instead how this would be a measure against people sneaking all the way back to rear trenches to capture them, as he was suggesting it would be. Besides that, it's impossible to do tunneling in MnB, so i imagine you just totally failed to read what was being said and decided to be an antagonistic **** for the sake of it... (and for whatever reason people are congratulating you on your achievements)

But you're right. These guys are making a game about a historical conflict but instead of consulting history we should probably make sure everyone gets their turn to be "right." While we're at it, lets put the ribeyrolle carbine in, because itd be fun. Let's also balance the rest of the mod around its inclusion and end up with a game that's basically just some completely other bull**** with a ww1 skin pack.

Either way, it's interesting to see the divide between people who think im a "twat" and people who think i'm reasonable is roughly analagous to the divide between those who have some kind of exposure to game development and those who spend their time asking about release dates instead.

I dont get this "know it all" accusation anyway. If there's a public discussion for an historical mod and only feedback which is not informed by history is permitted... then what's the point? Is this just wank thread for people to say how much theyre looking forward to it or which balkan ****hole army they want included?

Harry_ , quit arguing what people suggest or say in this thread.....The people that is making this mod will decide whether it is possible for the mod......not you.
WWI anime style.......Well the uniforms only.
ww1v2_zps7d3be64f.jpg

All of you shut the **** up I wasn't suggesting anything , I just wanted to share something about the war, I wanted to be makng the mod I would on the team designing the mod with them wouldn't I.

now really just move on to something other then mines we know it would rubbish fir gameplay and impossible to implement

Wait for it

" actuly you said this and that and its not impossible to implement so don't do etc"

Oh and its  a  video game 
Go watch a documentary if you want realisim and facts
Anyway keep up the good work :grin: looks like your really determined with this :smile:

Japan said:
Harry_ , quit arguing what people suggest or say in this thread.....The people that is making this mod will decide whether it is possible for the mod......not you.
WWI anime style.......Well the uniforms only.
ww1v2_zps7d3be64f.jpg

Love them! Especially the Austro-Hungarian ones......  :grin:

Cosmic_Nate said:
All of you shut the **** up I wasn't suggesting anything , I just wanted to share something about the war, I wanted to be makng the mod I would on the team designing the mod with them wouldn't I.

Well thats ok. But i consider it pretty much spam cause it's not relevant to the mod. Same with most the other **** i find myself disagreeing with.

Cosmic_Nate said:
now really just move on to something other then mines we know it would rubbish fir gameplay and impossible to implement
So why did you make a post dedicated to it? I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you werent just needlessly filling the thread with irrelevant posts, and treated your suggestion seriously.

Cosmic_Nate said:
Oh and its  a  video game
Go watch a documentary if you want realisim and facts
This is the most retarded part of all. I could easilly say to you go and play quake or skyrim if you want a fantasy situation tailored to make things you consider cool happen.
At the end of the day the devs will put in whatever they can and whatever they want to. I will continue to advise on the historicity of certain propositions because of the simple matter that nobody else is bothering to. If the devs ask me to leave the thread permanently i'm totally fine with that. But most the people trying to "oust" me are idiots like you who post "ideas" and then claim you were just talking about ww1 in general for no reason. How does that help the development of the mod in any way? If you're not trying to advise or offer any information to the developers, you're spamming. You're no better than someone asking for a release date. **** off.

I've never told anyone what they can or can't do. I've only presented factual information which will effect whether or not the game plays like ww1 rather than just looks like it.
They can and will implement whatever they want... But when people present false information in order to lobby for this or that to be implemented in the game i think it's perfectly reasonable for me to disagree when i'm citing actual facts which you're now trying to censor in favour of your opinion.

"quit disagreeing with people" - what kind of thing to say is that? I'll never tell someone not to disagree with me. I just wont respect it unless they can back it up. Why is it ok for you to disagree with me but not vice versa? and again somehow i'm the know-it-all in all this.

Any single person in this whole thread could prove me wrong if they looked it up. I have no access to special information anyone else doesn't have. The difference is i actually inform my opinion with facts and not conjecture. If you think i'm wrong about anything, please by all means, prove it. That way we will all learn something and there will be less posts complaining that i take the time to look things up where everyone else doesnt.

Rigadoon said:
djogloc02 said:

images

Well I don't know what you consider slow or fast. But I think we're doing alright. We're certainly working slower than the first few weeks, but that seems to be the case for all new mods. So work is still going strong and we're making good progress.
I think progress is going fine, i dont think djogloc02 understands how much time it takes to make a mod (A good one anyway)

Seriosly Jesus Christ
STFU your self rightous essays are long.....

Back to mod land
I look toward to the French foreign dragon riding leigion becusse it would be cool way cooler then reality :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom