SP Fantasy Northern kingdoms v.0.570 RECRUITING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Knight at Arms
                                                  Link for the current mod version

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/visit.php?cid=7&lid=76

SNEAK PEEK

Backround story for factions:

Gorlok's are an ancient race, a mixture of half-dragons and half-snakes. They were the first-borns of demons, bearing the mark of Azl'zhel, the flamebinder. They live in deep marshes where they were banished at the time of the great exodus and
are eager of vengeance to reclaim the pray forest and river of skulls. Now when the Northmen are weak and their cities crumbling,
The Gorlok's are determined to destroy the men and claim back their ancestors homes.

Gorlok's bear hell-forged weapons and carry banners under their dark gods, but it is still just a shadow of their former glory.
They were once a mighty race that dominated everything near them, except humen. As the arrival of Northmen, the Gorlok's stated them to be invaders and tried to force the humans back. The leader of the expedition force was Richard wayfinder that came from south kingdom of his father, King Hafbrand longscale. He was sent to find an extremely durable metal called Normnil.
The humen were constantly attacked by the Gorlok's, but determined to find a vein of the rare metal, the men made camp near the mountain, kholonin. As reinforcements arrived, the warriors gathered in to a warhost and were sent to destroy the Gorlok's.
As the forces advanced, the Gorlok's knew that they couldn't face them without a leader. As the forces of men entered the western lands, they heard creatures roaring and coming closer. The Gorlok's had a leader called lok'baan, the herald of Azl'zhel.
Lok'baan is an ancient creature, stronger and wiser than other of his kind. He formed a massive host under the mark of Azl'zhel and organized it for a battle.

As the battle raged, many men and Gorlok's have been lost and the two leaders were fighting in a duel of life and death.
Lok'baan called down the wrath of his god, ripped the whole earth below him in a inferno of fire and ash and called the demons of Ambalot'h to fight for him. Snow an ice rose into great pillars, tearing anything the came in their way and ripping them to bits. The duel continued as the to leaders fought for victory, but severely wounded and weak. As the earth was crumbling, Lok'baan collapsed into the hellhole and before it, he said these words: From thousand years now on, you will live in peace, but after that, I shall raise a host to reclaim the land that you stole from us. Many say that he's dead, but many say that he is regaining his powers for a reign of terror he will unleash.

The plain was called as the fields of the fallen from that day on, as over half of the warhost was destroyed. When a traveller enters the plain, it is said that he feels the presence of a mighty spirit and hears a whisper: I will be back...

Londabad is a far northern realm of men, but more advanced and organized than most of the human realms. The men of Londabad have the second largest Normnil mines in the lands of Morathi, but they are still relatively small towards those of the dwarfs. Londabad has been an age old enemy to the Northmen after the first meeting. The king of the Northmen, Lord Falmor, son of Richard wayfinder ordered expedition forces march to the pillar peaks, to find veins of Normnil. As they entered deeper to the north, they found a mine that looked like it would be recently attacked by some foul creatures. As they delved deeper to the mines and entered the inner defences, they saw the remains of fallen men. The leader of the expedition force, Bron Fenclaw ordered his men to shut down the mighty metal doors and find out what ores did the peaks hold, they soon found Normnil.

After a month, they found themselves attacked by some beasts that came down from the mountains to find food. Bron Fenclaw sent an scout to deliver a message to the king himself and ask for military assistance. After the warband of mercenaries and Northmen came to the mines, it was too late. The captain, Hoflir Fenclaw swore vengeance over his dead brother, swearing a vow to kill every enemy in his path until he finds the creature who killed Bron. After battling for years, he finally found a band of fine armoured warriors that laid near the headroad to the lands of the dwarfs. He saw the bronze horn of his brother that the leader wore and that the knight had kept it as a trophy for killing Bron and his men. The battle hardened warrior held up his sword and so did the knight. There was a moment of calm staring until Hoflir screamed a battlecry and attacked. Even when the well armored warriors had stronger armor, they were no match against the hardened warriors that had fought for many years, they put out a good fight. After killing the knight, Hoflir took the horn and blew three times in the honor of his brother.

After the attack, the King of londabad, Eor cavanar laid a bounty for the head of Hoflir and soon after, the daemon hunters brought a message to the Northmen, a war declaration. The battles between Northmen and Londabad had continued for years.

Team

Project leader
                                    Keeper

Modellers    =    status Recruiting
                                      Sina
                                  Lord Jaden

Coders      =  status Recruiting
                                        ---

Texturers    =  status Recruiting
                                      Keeper

Story    =    status Not recruiting
                                    Latch85

Thank you for armagan and ipek for this this cool game that we all can mod and play. Thank you janus for installer script and uploading the mod in his site. Thanks to thorgrim for his cool map editing program and thank you lurb for the great model importer. Thank you Effidian for the unoffical editor that helps a lot. The artwork is made by the great warhammer artwork team.Thank you RR_Raptor65 for the great weapons. Thank you dablade for textures. Thank you Thorgrim for the map icon.

Also thanks to maw for the map. Im sorry that you aren't included in the installer text.  :oops:

Post it and i will play it. What magic ideas are you using? I have an armor suggestion too: Woad. It takes the body texture and adds paint to it, adding maybe 3 points to armor. Its advantage is that it adds 2 to athletics and 2 to ironskin or something. Or only one, with the woad helmet adding the other point. Some idea like that.

so, will you post the screenshots soon? im curious to see what you mean by real magic, and also to see the new textures

It's just an idea atm he says. This seems interesting, If I get my pc fxed I may be able to help, although I am not interested in the magic part.

Merentha said:
What magic ideas are you using? .

Some snow an ice magic. :grin: You can buy those spells in a magic shop near a mountain so you can fully ignore the if you want. :razz: Now im goint to make a snow storm spell with some alpha layers. What is a Woad?

jellywerker said:
It's just an idea atm he says. This seems interesting, If I get my pc fxed I may be able to help, although I am not interested in the magic part.

I appreciate you offer for help. :smile: Thank you.

wow new screens look really good. But the runes will probably float in the air the next time you generate the battlemap.

Its a scene not a battlemap. :smile: I think I need Janus to help with the installer because something goes always wrong. :???:

great you thought of that. I've modelled a gold/silver nordic nasal helm w. noseguard, wich I can't use for the HYW. Any interest?

Rathyr said:
I love it! Please hurry! I've always wanted to make something like this, I love the snow and ice. How are you making this? I mean, what tools are you using? I use Effidian's and Thorgrim's editors, but I can't make things like that awe-inspiring henge!

I have have always loved the snow and ice. :razz: I am using lurbs model importer and thorgrims map editor. Thank you to everybody for their support and interest to this mod. :smile:

Woad is paint some celtic tribes painted on themselves, often a sign of berserkers. Think braveheart. Some tribes tatooed it on, others painted it on before a battle, but it was a sign of celtic tribes, and as a magic item is very suitable for berserkers or other barbarian unit-types, which, given the nordic flavor of your mod, might be very useful. While paint, it is often given a psychosomatic effect in games that acts as armor or in someway helps a berserker character.

The original celts were were huge men, so I don't know if they need stat boosting paint, but rather make them better overall (in the health, speed, and strength departments) Roman texts put the Celts at around 7 and 8 feet tall, and of great strength.

Heh, Celts were only huge compared to the Romans.

Not a great feat when you're talking about some 5' 4" Latin poofter.

But they were large for the day, 6 footers from some of the skeletons. Until they interbred with the natives, of course.

And woad is psychedelic, in large quantities (apparently..) Probably more so when it's in the blood stream if you're getting it tattooed.

Vikings had better boats, armour, weapons and hygiene. Still couldn't hack it in the long term (Clontarf) :wink:

Better armor and hygiene? Celts were some of the first to use chainmail, if they didn't invent it themselves, and they invented soap! I don't know about weapons though.

And how will magic work in this game?

Crazed Rabbit

A screenie http://i26.imagethrust.com/p/166609/3_jpg.html of the new magics. It is 6 polys. :smile: If it is possible to animate I would animate it so that it looks like it would sparkle and twist like a snow storm. I wont show everything yet. :wink: More coming tomorrow.

Rathyr said:
Is there a guide somewhere to making new objects like those henges? Do you use wings3d or what?
I use wings3d but there are other programs too ( I think more advanced ) but wings3d is the easiest
and fastest program to use for a beginner ( Like me ). :grin: Il maybe release it tomorrow if I can. Btw what do you people think of the mods name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom